List Mgmt. 2014 Draft + DFA Talk Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Some interesting reading in the lead up to the draft for those with some time on their hands.

Kevin Sheehans Top 40 Prospects

In this they have compare 40 draftees with the AA squad of 40 from this year and there are some interesting comparisons.

Corey Ellis - Callan Ward
Nakia Cockatoo - Gary Ablett
Liam Duggan - Shaun Burgoyne
Lachie Weller - Dyson Heppell
Paul Ahern - Nat Fyfe

That is just the ones that appeal to us.

Some interesting reading in the lead up to the draft for those with some time on their hands.

In this they have compare 40 draftees with the AA squad of 40 from this year and there are some interesting comparisons.

Paul Ahern - Nat Fyfe

I see none of those comparisons at all.

Paul Ahern - Nat Fyfe

If those comparisons are accurate, I'll have Gary Ablett or Nat Fyfe please

Paul Ahern - Nat Fyfe

I just went and read the link. The comparisons are terrible.

Ahern a quick clever HFF who can go into the midfield is clearly Robbie Gray or Bruest. Not Fyfe a contested ball winning machine and high marking player.

Libba and Lamb? One of the best clearance players vs a guy who has played as a small KPP or tall flanker

Weller and Heppell? A quick long kicking winger and a tall inside mid with great vision (actually Heppell to Ellis is comparison)

I don't think I saw one good comparison in that list.

I just went and read the link. The comparisons are terrible.

Ahern a quick clever HFF who can go into the midfield is clearly Robbie Gray or Bruest. Not Fyfe a contested ball winning machine and high marking player.

Libba and Lamb? One of the best clearance players vs a guy who has played as a small KPP or tall flanker

Weller and Heppell? A quick long kicking winger and a tall inside mid with great vision (actually Heppell to Ellis is comparison)

I don't think I saw one good comparison in that list.
I think they made it for grade 3 teachers. You cut out the names and also the comparisons and the kids have to match them up. :D

I think they made it for grade 3 teachers. You cut out the names and also the comparisons and the kids have to match them up. :D
Apparently they were done by the AA selectors which just goes to show how clueless they are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They aren't comparisons. Sheehan has chosen a top 40 based on the model the AA selectors used. Two ruck man, 16 mids etc etc and he has listed the players in the current AA squad to show the types and where they were originally drafted. His point is that stars don't only come from the top 10.

Not the best executed piece of work by the AFL. He really should have just given us his top 40 irrespective of position. Clearly it's not a real top 4. Just rediculous.

They aren't comparisons. Sheehan has chosen a top 40 based on the model the AA selectors used. Two ruck man, 16 mids etc etc and he has listed the players in the current AA squad to show the types and where they were originally drafted. His point is that stars don't only come from the top 10.

Not the best executed piece of work by the AFL. He really should have just given us his top 40 irrespective of position. Clearly it's not a real top 4. Just rediculous.
Makes more sense. Seems rather pointless exercise though. :D

What the hell is wrong with St Kilda?

They were so steadfast in hanging on to pick 1 despite GWS falling madly in love with Petracca and offering picks 4 + 7 for him (reportedly). Now they're backflipping on Petracca themselves? They could've had Wright (who has more upside than McCartin IMO) and someone like Laverde/De Goey/Lever/Duggan. Stooges!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back