List Mgmt. 2014 Draft + DFA Talk Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Tigs I like the way you have constructed this list. I will use it on draft night to tick them off and keep track of who is available.

My ideal draft using your list

12 Weller (by a bees dick from Ellis and have written off Duggan as no chance)
33 Maynard would be a steal and complement the Weller selection beautifully
52 McLean or Gore if we mis Maynard
70 Howe

Great Job, handy list, thanks

Last edited:
Bound For Glory running a draft tonight and our picks so far are:
12. Corey Ellis
33. Josh Glenn
52. Keenan Ramsey
We are odds on to get the bloke with one eye.

Yeah i agree but they have drafted because players are linked to clubs not on who they rate. Cavka closely linked with Collingwood at 30 and Cavka goes at 30. Goddard would be considered by most judges to be a 10-15 pick but GWS are desperate for KPD so are taking him at 7.

By the by Stylo be prepared to have Ellis over Weller me thinks going by the media.
i get the feeling the media may have gotten the Ellis rumour from the fact that could have been our pick had the Trengove trade gone through. as ellis was spoken of very early on. i'd hope we'd take weller if he's there at #12.

It's unbelievable.
I got a really bad eye injury in a pre season match one year and they put a patch on it and I had a crack at continuing on.
Lasted 5 minutes.
It was ******* terrifying.

Yeah i agree but they have drafted because players are linked to clubs not on who they rate. Cavka closely linked with Collingwood at 30 and Cavka goes at 30. Goddard would be considered by most judges to be a 10-15 pick but GWS are desperate for KPD so are taking him at 7.

By the by Stylo be prepared to have Ellis over Weller me thinks going by the media.

I won't go postal or anything but I'd certainly be disappointed if we overlooked Weller. He's literally the perfect player to add to our current squad - provided we get a bit of grunt later on. Give me Weller (12) + Miller (33) + Gore (52) plz

There's no time to do that anymore. The PSD is dead. Apart from the odd bloke walking on his club.
If we don't use the Pick then I believe we can trial a number of kids and select the best in the PSD.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember back to the start of the year when we were debating if taking Petracca at pick 10-15 would be a reach or not :')
His kicking and engine have improved leaps and bounds this year. It was a valid debate to have.

Don't think WC would take him at 32, heard that they are really into McGovern. (Jeremy's brother, cousin?)
Still doubt he'll fall to our pick so I'll continue dreaming, haha.
Would love him at the Tigs. 189cm inside mid clearance machine. 200 gamer, easy.

According to EQ, the following players [16] have been invited to Draft (possible Top10 selections):
Petracca
McCartin
Brayshaw
Pickett
DeGoey
Ahern
Laverde
Duggan
Weller
Wright
Goddard
Lever
Marchbank
Moore
Durdin
Langford

Of these, Durdin & Marchbank are seen as a 'backup' selection (fall back position for a club with a pick in the Top10 - GWS & Geelong???) So barring West Coast at 11, Ellis is ours if things don't fall the way we might like, which has been my view all along.

Our strategy is to know really well what we might end up with realistically and have a clear view of who we would take if there is a 'slider'.

The experts are saying GWS & Collingwood picks will shape the draft (true enough) but Gold Coast pick 8 will shape OUR draft.

I think their pick will be different now as a result of Eade coming on board. Not that he chooses who they pick but his game style will alter the decision making framework.

Langford getting included on the invite list might just be the clue there. Do some scenario planning around a Top 9 of say,

Petracca
Brayshaw
McCartin
Pickett
Laverde
Goddard
Ahern
Langford
Moore

and things look interesting with 2 picks before ours and Lever, DeGoey, Duggan, Wright, Weller & Ellis all available ALL OF WHOM WE HAVE BEEN LINKED TO except Lever.

Geelong have been linked to Wright / De Goey. West Coast with Duggan / Weller.

Glad I'm not the one faced with picking from the 4 left over from that group of 6 !!! Nice problem to have though.

Who would we pick from DeGoey-Weller-Ellis??? and who on here would have a meltdown if we chose Ellis???

I'd love Keenan Ramsey. Just inspiring how he got over losing an eye.

I didn't know that about him CM. That is amazing and says alot about his determination. To become an elite junior in the face of that type of adversity. Hats off to the young man....The kind of person you don't mind around a footy club (as long as he contributes on field, which is very important @ the highest level). Must still be a very solid prospect to be going about 50ish in a "strong" draft...

I didn't know that about him CM. That is amazing and says alot about his determination. To become an elite junior in the face of that type of adversity. Hats off to the young man....The kind of person you don't mind around a footy club (as long as he contributes on field, which is very important @ the highest level). Must still be a very solid prospect to be going about 50ish in a "strong" draft...
If we take Ramsey do we think Tha he might get sponsored by the One Eyed Richmond fan site??? ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back