List Mgmt. 2014 Draft + DFA Talk Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually Brandon was not a reach because that draft lacked a lot of depth.

That draft I was looking at Docherty but he was nabbed by the Lions.

But really at Brandon's pick there was hardly anyone better and Brandon was not a reach at all! Was said as much at the time to.

In this draft their is a good chance Lever will be a multiple AA and potential captain. Durdin could be anything to. Duggan looks very good and could really develop into anything and Weller is a class player and Cocky could potentially be the best of the lot. Then there are others like Langford who could really surprise on the upside.
So to me taking Ellis at 12 is not a gamble but just plain stupid and another club killer!
You've got to be Levers Dad surely???

How did Weller go against Div 1 sides?
He was good in the Allies game v AIS (but U17) however he played numerous games for Southport in the NEAFL and found his feet well. In the end the guys were just feeding it out to him to run and deliver inside 50 ... just what you want if you are going to play Dusty, Lids & Cotch resting forward more

When dan richardson says "we have 3 of 4 players we hope will be there"
Does that mean theres 3 ahead of ellis and Ellis is last resort? Because the word is know other club besides us in the top 12 have shown interest in ellis. So they know he wont be gone by our pick.
Duggan > ahern > weller maybe

The thing I struggle to understand is how the mail is that no one inside the top ten seems keen on Ellis yet we are? And there are players that theoretically will slip out of the top ten and we have no interest in them?
Do we see something in Ellis that others don't or is it a blunder to be so strong on him?

Obviously I'm just going off what's been said in here lately but it doesn't really add up for me. Like for example if Laverde was available at our pick would we really be passing on him? When he's been considering a top 10 pick for a long time now and Ellis hasn't even been in that sort of conversation.
Lets not forget players slide for a reason ... It might just be that when scrutinised they are not Top10 material after all?

Looks like we will be welcoming Corey Ellis!
Will be a very good selection, albeit not a risky one.
Seems to be our strategy with our first rounders.
All relatively 'safe' bets.
Can't say it's a strategy I disagree with to be honest.
We can save the riskier selections for a bit later on in the draft.

I think our target is Duggen. The Ellis talk is for Gold Coast to think we won't take him and they leave him for pick 15.

Did anyone believe Tambling would be a Tambling before he was drafted?

Yeah I did. I am always very nervous picking those types very early. No way would I pick Pickett at 4 for example.

On the flip side Franklins highlights did catch my attention I am always inclined to go big like basketballers except you can go too big for KPP and end up with ruck types

He was good in the Allies game v AIS (but U17) however he played numerous games for Southport in the NEAFL and found his feet well. In the end the guys were just feeding it out to him to run and deliver inside 50 ... just what you want if you are going to play Dusty, Lids & Cotch resting forward more
Fair enough.Just abit weary about Div 2 kids after the Tambling fiasco.If we draft him then fine,Better judges than me out there.:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You've got to be Levers Dad surely???

Ha ha. Nah, I just really rate him. Tall limbs for a smaller height is gold because you have the aerial prowess with the ground level ability most desirable. I really rate him very high. His marking is elite and it seems he can run and dispose it. Pick 12 is a total steal IMO and I think he is lengths ahead of others at our pick honestly. Assuming his leg holds up he should be our number one back in a few years. If he can play in the guts we might have a superstar on our hands and I am keeping my hands off it! Don't believe for a minute he will be available at 12 honestly!

Gotta remember Melbourne looking at him at 3 and Roos their coach ex CHB and was chasing Martin from us with the Swans pre-draft at the time.

Last edited:
My Prediction

1. St.Kilda – Patrick McCartin
2. Melbourne – Christian Petracca
3. Melbourne – Angus Brayshaw
4. GWS – Jarrod Pickett
5. Collingwood – Jordan DeGoey
6. GWS – Hugh Goddard
7. GWS - Paul Ahern
8. Gold Coast – Jayden Laverde
9. Collingwood - Darcy Moore (F/S)
10. Geelong – Peter Wright
11. West Coast - Liam Duggan
12. Richmond – Corey Ellis
13. Fremantle – Sam Durdin
14. Adelaide – Jake Lever
15.Gold Coast – Kyle Langford
16. North Melbourne – Nakia Cockatoo
17. Essendon – Lachie Weller
18. Sydney – Isaac Heeney (Academy)
19. Carlton – Caleb Marchbank
20. Essendon – Jarrod Gartlett
21. St.Kilda – Alex Neal-Bullen

If Essendon get Weller and Garlett...

2262%20-%20Raw%20gif%20hunter_hearst_helmsley%20rage%20wwe.gif

renaldo-rage.gif

Good post. People need to settle down and judge the draft as a whole.

My Prediction

1. St.Kilda – Patrick McCartin
2. Melbourne – Christian Petracca
3. Melbourne – Angus Brayshaw
4. GWS – Jarrod Pickett
5. Collingwood – Jordan DeGoey
6. GWS – Hugh Goddard
7. GWS - Paul Ahern
8. Gold Coast – Jayden Laverde
9. Collingwood - Darcy Moore (F/S)
10. Geelong – Peter Wright
11. West Coast - Liam Duggan
12. Richmond – Corey Ellis
13. Fremantle – Sam Durdin
14. Adelaide – Jake Lever
15.Gold Coast – Kyle Langford
16. North Melbourne – Nakia Cockatoo
17. Essendon – Lachie Weller
18. Sydney – Isaac Heeney (Academy)
19. Carlton – Caleb Marchbank
20. Essendon – Jarrod Gartlett
21. St.Kilda – Alex Neal-Bullen
I'm the same except I have Ahern and Goddard opposite and laverde and Duggan switched.

Brett Andersons Final Mock Draft:
12. Corey Ellis 184cm 74kg Midfielder
33. Daniel Neilson 194cm 92kg KPD
52. Matthew Goodyear 186cm 80kg Midfielder
67. Nathan Drummond 182cm 84kg Midfielder
77. Daniel Capiron 189cm 83kg Defender

Interesting to see Menadue & Maynard going at 34 & 35. Would much rather them at 33 and Neilson at 52 if he is sure that Neilson is going that high.

Not sure I agree with this. I would argue Ellis represents higher chance of being a bust similar to that of more talented Shuan Grigg whereas his potential is something along the lines of a Dom Tyson and perhaps even greater than that with Simon Black.

Interesting to see Menadue & Maynard going at 34 & 35. Would much rather them at 33 and Neilson at 52 if he is sure that Neilson is going that high.
Reckon FJ will masturbate furiously under the desk till it's red raw like a teenager if Menadue is there. :eek:

Yeah, replace Neilson with Menadue and that's a solid haul. Class, speed, skill, toughness.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back