List Mgmt. 2014 Draft + DFA Talk Part II

Stylo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 17, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Not sure I agree with this. I would argue Ellis represents higher chance of being a bust similar to that of more talented Shuan Grigg whereas his potential is something along the lines of a Dom Tyson and perhaps even greater than that with Simon Black.

Wait, not sure what you're saying here... Grigg is more talented than Ellis? Or vice versa?

Oct 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Heat
Fair enough, hate when club's have two picks in a row and can pick the player they want in which ever order as it makes it harder to predict.

Have gold coast gone cold on Laverde?
Yeah I have no idea which order they take them. That's just the order I have :p

Not sure. Just know they're keen on Duggan. Haven't heard anything lately about them and Laverde.

Yeah, replace Neilson with Menadue and that's a solid haul. Class, speed, skill, toughness.
Just asked Anderson about Neilson and got this back

Reckon FJ will masturbate furiously under the desk till it's red raw like a teenager if Menadue is there. :eek:
Not the only one.

Stylo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 17, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Worse case scenario Ellis becomes a slightly more skilled Grigg. Best case scenario he's the second coming of Simon Black or Dom Tyson.

Oooh I see, so Grigg is roughly his floor is what you mean? Fair enough, though I think Ellis is more capable in contested footy than Grigg ever was.

Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
_EAD_ said:
Brett Andersons Final Mock Draft:
12. Corey Ellis 184cm 74kg Midfielder
33. Daniel Neilson 194cm 92kg KPD
52. Matthew Goodyear 186cm 80kg Midfielder
67. Nathan Drummond 182cm 84kg Midfielder
77. Daniel Capiron 189cm 83kg Defender

Interesting to see Menadue & Maynard going at 34 & 35. Would much rather them at 33 and Neilson at 52 if he is sure that Neilson is going that high.

I would rather Menadue and Maynard to. Goodyear, Gore don't really do it for me and I never even heard of Neilson. I better see his highlights

Tomnat Tigers

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 8, 2009
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Arsenal
Oooh I see, so Grigg is roughly his floor is what you mean? Fair enough, though I think Ellis is more capable in contested footy than Grigg ever was.

I agree although Grigg actually has shown a strongish contested game at VFL level, he just becomes a fairy on the big stage.

theflea

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 16, 2010
victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
The thing is, it’s not just FJs decision it’s a list management decision. So guys like Dan Richardson and Blair Hartley would have some input into what attributes of a player should be given a priority.
We just have to see him play if we do select him. Who knows he could be a ripper like Brandon Ellis and not the flop many are predicting.
Plus the other 5 or so recruiting officers too.

Emma Quayles First Round:
1. McCartin
2. Brayshaw
3. Petracca
4. Pickett
5. De Goey
6. Ahern
7. Marchbank
8. Wright
9. Moore
10. Durdin
11. Duggan
12. Ellis
13. Lever
14. Langford
15. Cockatoo
16. McKenzie
17. Laverde
18. Heeney
19. Weller
20. Garlett
21. Goddard

Pans out like that and our mods are in for a busy night.

Quayle's phantom is out. *drum roll*

12 - Corey Ellis

17 - Jayden Laverde

19 - Lachie Weller

HAHAHA the melts

If we take one of De Goey/Ellis and Weller or Laverde are still there, I will start a petition to get FJ sacked. Fair dinkum! Ellis and De Goey seem like solid b+ career players. Weller and Laverde have the potential to be A graders.

Back