List Mgmt. 2014 Draft + DFA Talk Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond #70
Aidan Anderson
(WA – Fwd/Mid)
Height: 182cm, Weight: 83kg, DOB: 10/08/1996

Any Love Boys
Plenty of love, but expect him to go before 70.

Go vanilla with pick 12. It worked for Vlastuin and Ellis. We tried to get too creative with Conca by pulling a rabbit out of a hat and it has hurt us (not that he is a bad player, but he hasn't shown top 10 pick quality). We went for a more creative pick with Lennon last year which I like, but now we should get back to the basics.

Duggan is out man if he is there.

Go vanilla with pick 12. It worked for Vlastuin and Ellis. We tried to get too creative with Conca by pulling a rabbit out of a hat and it has hurt us (not that he is a bad player, but he hasn't shown top 10 pick quality). We went for a more creative pick with Lennon last year which I like, but now we should get back to the basics.

Duggan is out man if he is there.

Conca was vanilla compared to Heppell??? that was the problem!!!

The problem with a lot of our recruiting decisions lately is they simply do not value scope. Eg. although probably a higher pick, Drummond would have 5 times the scope of Arnot even though similar body types! So it is not about risk, but more so capability IMO!

Last edited:
The more I read about De Goey, the more I think he fills exactly what we need.
He is tough, he kicks goals and has an xfactor.
Duggan is a little Vanilla for mine.
Cockatoo would suit us as well but I think 12 is too high for him.
I wouldnt mind if we grabed Ahern as well but every phantom draft I read, he is going in the top 10.

I wouldnt mind if we grabed Ahern as well but every phantom draft I read, he is going in the top 10.

I was listening to the AFL podcast. I am happy with Duggan as a fallback pick over the majority. Can play inside apparently, young and left footer with skill.

Still prefer the KPP though as to hard for us to get those quality KPP types in that we need so need to seize the moment IMO if available!

Last edited:

Same here.

No Cockatoo. It's useless if he gets the ball and runs out of the pack and just kicks it to the opposition, and almost all teams destroy you on the rebound or turnover. Would rather get De Goey or Duggan who can rocket the ball on to Griff,Vicks,Riewoldt's chest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon De Goey is more Vanilla then Duggan.

But I get a feeling we are gonna take someone else.

nah utensil isn't like that.

he's a very tough player. Has balls and goes in hard

If he is anything like his dad he'll be a great get. Level headed and a good bloke.
His dad has done a fair bit of coaching in Darwin. Coached SD crocs the year we drafted Tambling. (But dont hold that against Nakia)

We need take the kid with lots of pace and good foot skills. Our midfield
Is all the same type of player, pace pace is what we need FFS!
And Vlaustin has to improve Bcoz I haven't seen him do anything in his career yet to get excited about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back