List Mgmt. 2014 Draft + DFA Talk Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't see anyone laughing at Brisbane. Do you? They've gone from being one of the worst lists, raped and pillaged by everyone last year, to being formidable and respected.

We've gone from being a complete basket case to a laughing stock. No club fears us. No club respects us. No top players want to leave their club to come to ours.

I think people aren't laughing because a) Robinson hasn't signed b) we don't know the contract amount or length and c) Getting Christensen and Beams probably had something to do with no one 'laughing at them'.

If he gets a $350,000 per year for 4 year deal, I think people will start to raise some questions.

Us? No top club wanted to leave for WCE, Adelaide, Essendon (Cooney is not a top player anymore) etc, so that doesn't happen.

And the rest of your post I found quite frankly unfounded and untrue tripe.

Wouldn't mind taking a risk with Daniel at either our 3rd or 4th pick. History suggests those picks are probably going to be a miss anyway so would prefer to take a risk on a All Australian with pace and endurance that is a bit short as he may just turn into a boomer type.
You also need to be a decent footballer to make All Australian, so for me it would be worth the risk with a late pick. Rather than continue to pick these players from left field with our later picks like we have the last 5-6 years.

Wouldn't mind taking a risk with Daniel at either our 3rd or 4th pick. History suggests those picks are probably going to be a miss anyway so would prefer to take a risk on a All Australian with pace and endurance that is a bit short as he may just turn into a boomer type.

Just saw his highlights - what a superstar.

Running style is like Jake King, plays offensively like Ballantyne, but handles the ball like Deledio. Unfortunately his tackling is worse than Adam Maric, absolutely pathetic effort in that vid due to no strength or body weight. Looked like a kid hanging onto his dad's hips.

Would need to produce 20 possess + 3 goals a game in order to justify selection. It really is superstar or bust. I'd love the excitement of recruiting him since he fills our biggest need though, hope the recruiters think they can turn him into a player.

I think people aren't laughing because a) Robinson hasn't signed b) we don't know the contract amount or length and c) Getting Christensen and Beams probably had something to do with no one 'laughing at them'.

If he gets a $350,000 per year for 4 year deal, I think people will start to raise some questions.

Us? No top club wanted to leave for WCE, Adelaide, Essendon (Cooney is not a top player anymore) etc, so that doesn't happen.

And the rest of your post I found quite frankly unfounded and untrue tripe.

Lol. Because your post just stated the cold hard facts.

Look up hypocrite in the dictionary and then smack yourself in the face with it.

Lol. Because your post just stated the cold hard facts.

Look up hypocrite in the dictionary and then smack yourself in the face with it.

I meant in regards to Brisbane. He hasn't signed at Brisbane, we don't know the size or length of the contract.

People chose to go to Brisbane not because who they are or where they sit as a football club but because of personal reasons. Also, if Brisbane want to overpay and overkeep a very mediocre player with a myriad of off-field issues, good for them.

You are also forgetting Trengove who wanted to come to Richmond, if not because of a medical. This is a guy who was an ex-captain of a football club.

You can chastise me for using 'cold hard facts' but I am yet to see any from your good self backing up your claims that 'no one fears us, no one wants to come to us etc etc' that haven't been heard or refuted before in other threads.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has got one. I just choose to base mine generally on facts on not whimsical thoughts plucked from thin air.

I meant in regards to Brisbane. He hasn't signed at Brisbane, we don't know the size or length of the contract.

People chose to go to Brisbane not because who they are or where they sit as a football club but because of personal reasons. Also, if Brisbane want to overpay and overkeep a very mediocre player with a myriad of off-field issues, good for them.

You are also forgetting Trengove who wanted to come to Richmond, if not because of a medical. This is a guy who was an ex-captain of a football club.

You can chastise me for using 'cold hard facts' but I am yet to see any from your good self backing up your claims that 'no one fears us, no one wants to come to us etc etc' that haven't been heard or refuted before in other threads.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has got one. I just choose to base mine generally on facts on not whimsical thoughts plucked from thin air.

Cold hard facts right there.

Cold hard facts right there.
Wow, how grumpy and over-reactive can you be? I'd suggest eating your corn flakes with milk, not somebody else's piss.

It's well documented that Beams went to Bris because he wanted to play with his brother. That is as close a fact as possible.

We don't know the length and size of the Robinson contract. That's obviously a statement saying that the "cold hard facts" are unknown. However, we do know that they have offered a more attractive than us. It is also known that he has had several off-field altercations, go read a news article.

I don't know if Trengove did or didn't want to come here, but the fact is the deal was 99% done and was only called off after the second medical. Whether he "wanted" to leave the Dees was immaterial, the fact is he was willing to come.

In regards to your earlier point about top players not wanting to come here consider this: which of our stars want to get out?

AFL.com article Tigers keeping the faith with tall timber... check out this quote footy manager Dan Richardson said about Hampson

"His work around the ground and his goal-kicking and marking needs to improve, and we back him in at 26 [years old] with our development program"

...in other words, his crap!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone heard or have an inkling as to who FJ/ the club is keen to get at pick 12?
For the past 3 seasons we've pretty much put it out there
Still 4 weeks to go, I'd suggest they are still discussing the options and going through combine data trying to narrow it down.

Anyone heard or have an inkling as to who FJ/ the club is keen to get at pick 12?
For the past 3 seasons we've pretty much put it out there

Someone no one on here has heard of. And then the board will meltdown until we see them in the NAB series

I'm no expert but here is my take on what i hope we might do:

Players I Like:

Gore - nice mover of the ball and quick.

Nathan Drummond - very solid build and moves very well, good disposal and looks deceptively quick.

Connoe Menadue I hope lasts to pick 33 - He has nice height and looks very quick, needs to fill out a little but lots to like about him.

Teia Miles for a late pick will be handy, Knows how to read the game, is quick and good disposal.

DILLON VIOJO-RAINBOW might be worth a look, great left foot kick, maybe potential to play off half back. Maybe Pick 52 we could get him

Players i dont think we should look at:

Damien Cavka not sold on, looks small and lacks something!!
Corey Ellis

So my Picks would be:

Pick 12 - Liam Duggan/Jayden Laverde/Jordon De Goey/Jarrod Picket - Whoever is available
Pick 33 - Menadue - Really want him at Pick 33
Pick 52 - Drummond/Gore/Viojo Rainbow - One of these
Pick 70 - Teia Miles - Really Like
Pick 88 - Anthony Miles (Rookie Upgrade)

Free Agent - Taylor Hunt

Rookie List

What do people think of the following players?

Ryan Tester - 198cm Tall Defender - Moves very well for a big man, use to play midfield in juniors. Reads the play well, we need a developing defender on the list.
Marcus Hamilton - 18 year old forward aboriginal player, its time we have another crack at one, looks very evasive, quick and smart. Read his bio he has his head screwed on the right way. Could turn into a handy outside player for us.
Jermaine Miller-Lewis is another young abiriginal boy, He is quick, can mark and is a great kick, Reminds me of O'Laughlin from the swans, I would pick Hamilton and Miller-Lewis.
Adam Marcon - Another midfielder to add to our depth, can play straight away, is quick, loves a goal and runs all day. Would be a good fit for us.
Matt Thomas

Ivan Soldo (Cat B)

Gives us the 39 Senior List and 5 Rookies with Ivan Saldo as a Cat B Rookie.

These players fill our needs, Lots of Midfielders with a couple who can play off half back. Then on Rookie list a Developing tall defender with some height to replace Chaplin, a couple of quick forward types and a hard at it midfielder to compliment our team and cover injuries.

Just saw his highlights - what a superstar.

Running style is like Jake King, plays offensively like Ballantyne, but handles the ball like Deledio. Unfortunately his tackling is worse than Adam Maric, absolutely pathetic effort in that vid due to no strength or body weight. Looked like a kid hanging onto his dad's hips.

Would need to produce 20 possess + 3 goals a game in order to justify selection. It really is superstar or bust. I'd love the excitement of recruiting him since he fills our biggest need though, hope the recruiters think they can turn him into a player.

Lol pretty high standards. You are suggesting he would have to be one of the better small forwards of all time kicking 66 a season and avg 20 touches. Wingard would have nothing on him.

Pretty sure if he kicked a 1-2 per game, set up attacks and applied defensive pressure that would be sufficient.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back