List Mgmt. 2014 Draft + DFA Talk Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol pretty high standards. You are suggesting he would have to be one of the better small forwards of all time kicking 66 a season and avg 20 touches. Wingard would have nothing on him.

Pretty sure if he kicked a 1-2 per game, set up attacks and applied defensive pressure that would be sufficient.

Lol.

My post specifically said if he couldn't apply defensive pressure. Did you see his tackling attempts? Like watching a little kid.

If he can't bulk up and overcome this important shortcoming, he will never get a game unless he's a star offensively and yes, that means kicking ~60 goals a year or bust. There's no room for someone who can't tackle and harass unless you're an absolute star and even then Dimma would be reluctant.

Lol pretty high standards. You are suggesting he would have to be one of the better small forwards of all time kicking 66 a season and avg 20 touches. Wingard would have nothing on him.

Pretty sure if he kicked a 1-2 per game, set up attacks and applied defensive pressure that would be sufficient.

GOAT or GTFO

Dissapointing, thought he was worth another year as a last resort back up at least.

One of thing we may never know. I'd wonder what the $$$ would be like as a rookie v playing for a top tier SANFL club.

The conversation may have been 'Ben we want to re-rookie you' and another year on minimal pay v potentially bigger bucks may have swayed a decision. Plus, we are seeing more and more mature aged players being draft from State leagues these days. Might not be a bad move for him.

TOTAL speculation.

One of thing we may never know. I'd wonder what the $$$ would be like as a rookie v playing for a top tier SANFL club.

The conversation may have been 'Ben we want to re-rookie you' and another year on minimal pay v potentially bigger bucks may have swayed a decision. Plus, we are seeing more and more mature aged players being draft from State leagues these days. Might not be a bad move for him.

TOTAL speculation.
Pretty sure state league pays crap.

So does a rookie salary?
Yep both are s**t. Not sure you'd forego a rookie spot for state league though. Local footy is a different story.

Though I'd imagine THE_GUN is right and he will play for SA only if he doesn't get drafted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bummer. I rather like him.

Comparison with Duggan given I'm only going on the AFL highlights anyone?
Duggan uses it better and has more versatility. More damaging player. Blakely will be a good player. I think he will go around mid-20's and if he slides WC will take him pick before us.

We will get 3 talented good players with our #12 & #33 the talent pool runs deep, Hoping that #52 will also be a slider Cavka,Nelson,Goodyear,Miller,Langdon,Howe,Drummond

But these are all kids and will need 2-3 years to be developed,Very suprised if any make real impact in 2015 with our lineup
Thats why we really need a Hardnut like Robinson.

Would be a massive steal if weller slid to us. Even if gold coast dont pick him. Cant see him getting past the others

Thanks Dimma - let us know when you've made a decision :D
We've made our decision and out picks will be as follows:
12. F.Arkue
33. Y.Aknob
52. E.Tadic
70. Y.A.Pooph

What are people's thoughts on Langford? Pretty interesting player. He'd take some time but could be worth investing in as a tall, marking wingman. Can play key position too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back