Mega Thread 2014 Drafts complete

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't met a Peter that was less than 35 years old for a long time. Random observation.
My work has an inordinate amount of customers called Peter. And we're owned by a Peter.

Yeah fair call. For what it's worth I actually am happy if we take McCartin. Diabetes aside, I think he's more of a chance to be a long-term damaging player for us. I was concerned with that post that said Roos was heavily inter Lever...I don't know, seemed a bit risky to me. Don't know much about him though.

I enjoy your posts too. There's a reason I stick around this place in off-season. It's a good bunch here.

Sorry d33my - I realised you were responding to another post, not mine.

I'm pretty well back in agreement with you mate.

Sorry d33my - I realised you were responding to another post, not mine.

I'm pretty well back in agreement with you mate.

Oh yeah haha I didn't take issue with anything you said. But I guess it was time I actually added something worthwhile to the discussion anyway

natural, aggressive player.
This is the main reason I'd prefer him to Wright. Stronger in contests and uses his body better IMO. Really needs to work on his set shot kicking though, which is something Hogan also is not absolutely outstanding in.

This is the main reason I'd prefer him to Wright. Stronger in contests and uses his body better IMO. Really needs to work on his set shot kicking though, which is something Hogan also is not absolutely outstanding in.
Garlett too. Could be interesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disagree.

Need to let elite juniors play and learn the game, rather than be influenced by coaching manoeuvring.

I don't care how good an under 18 coach is - I just want the kids developed correctly and to see how they play.

Getting tagged or double-teamed is learning the game.

I'd imagine all the funding for the Junior competition comes from the AFL? Shouldn't be too hard to lean on the coaches without bastardizing the rules of the game.

It's hardly news that he wouldn't expect to surprised to be picked top 3 given that he seems to be a consensus top 4.

McCartin told not to expect to slide past 3 in the draft.
Selected at 4.
Dies of shock.

Getting tagged or double-teamed is learning the game.

I'd imagine all the funding for the Junior competition comes from the AFL? Shouldn't be too hard to lean on the coaches without bastardizing the rules of the game.

I think that's exactly what it is.

I'm not sure if its written into any laws, but there is a gentleman's agreement amongst the competition, not to use those tactics, and pretty much play man-on-man.

I think that's exactly what it is.

I'm not sure if its written into any laws, but there is a gentleman's agreement amongst the competition, not to use those tactics, and pretty much play man-on-man.

Sad to think how many budding Ryan Crowleys are getting lost in the development system though. Limited, workmanlike footballers deserve love too.

Sad to think how many budding Ryan Crowleys are getting lost in the development system though. Limited, workmanlike footballers deserve love too.

Fair point - although guys like Crowley are generally hard midfielders with average skills, and a massive tank at under 18 level.

Then they get turned into taggers when their AFL team realises that they cant hurt the opposition with the ball at AFL level.

Fair point - although guys like Crowley are generally hard midfielders with average skills, and a massive tank at under 18 level.

Then they get turned into taggers when their AFL team realises that they cant hurt the opposition with the ball at AFL level.

It was tongue in cheek.

I just dislike this dumbing down of sport that seems to occur these days. Cricket at junior level now is pretty much a participation sport and in the vein of the 'No Child Left Behind' policy. The standard is amazingly bad and in no way prepares a junior for senior cricket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back