Mega Thread 2014 Drafts complete

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petracca looks to be incredibly powerful over head, good burst of speed and a big kick on him, but there is something that I just can't put my finger on... Looks to just over power opponents rather than win out on class alone.

Yeh he's clearly not flashy.

He's a solid power-forward, who takes marks and kicks goals.

Good enough for me.

Most gun power forwards in the comp aren't 'flashy' as such though.

Roughy, N Reiwoldt, Kennedy, Schulz, Hawkins for examples - they have a couple of tricks, but so does McCartin, they based their games around winning contests.

He's very similar to a Roughy/Kennedy IMO.

Saints are picking Petracca but if they decide they don't want the best player in the draft then I will be ecstatic to come out of the draft with Petracca and Brayshaw.

I think any two of Petracca, Brayshaw and McCartin is a big win (even Jake Lever, he looks a jet).

Wright would even be a good choice, he's a higher risk pick though.

If we pick up Wright I'll be permanently anxious for the next 5 years waiting for him to show something. McCartin is about a safe a bet as you'll ever get with a young KPF prospect IMO. Leaving aside the diabetes (which many other sportspeople have completely negated) he's fit, athletic, strong, extremely disciplined, and a competitive beast. Plus he can play footy.

Josh Mahoney was just on SEN and confirmed we're looking at 4 players: Petracca, McCartin, Brayshaw and Wright.

You'd think we will go for Brayshaw and whichever one of McCartin/Petracca falls through. I like Mahoney saying this. We can stop talking about Lever, Pickett and Laverde now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would think wrights size would put him in contention because he is so different to hogan but considering the best ruckman in the afl Jacobs/sandilands/Mumford etc were traded or rookied there is no need to draft one

Unless wright is a better forward than mccartin I would hate it if we drafted him

Josh Mahoney was just on SEN and confirmed we're looking at 4 players: Petracca, McCartin, Brayshaw and Wright.

You'd think we will go for Brayshaw and whichever one of McCartin/Petracca falls through. I like Mahoney saying this. We can stop talking about Lever, Pickett and Laverde now.

Did he actually rule out any other player?

Surprising comments if true.

He just said that we've got it down to 3-4.. and when they pushed him he said McCartin, Brayshaw Petracca nd Wright
Yep, and if it's 3-4 players in the mix then an educated guess would be that it's Petracca/McCartin/Brayshaw as the definites and Wright as the outsider. Could be wrong.

He just said that we've got it down to 3-4.. and when they pushed him he said McCartin, Brayshaw Petracca nd Wright

Isn't it common knowledge they are the top 4 in this draft?

Unless Petracca falls through, surely we take McCartin? Surely! Most KPF who go top few in the draft turn out ok(no statistical evidence to back that up, but I can't think of too many who have been a complete failure). I like the look of Wright, but like others have said, you can snare a ruckman for cheap as chips once gunning for a flag. McCartin/Hogan is quite a mouth watering prospect for the next decade(assuming we can hold onto them both).

Isn't it common knowledge they are the top 4 in this draft?

Unless Petracca falls through, surely we take McCartin? Surely! Most KPF who go top few in the draft turn out ok(no statistical evidence to back that up, but I can't think of too many who have been a complete failure). I like the look of Wright, but like others have said, you can snare a ruckman for cheap as chips once gunning for a flag. McCartin/Hogan is quite a mouth watering prospect for the next decade(assuming we can hold onto them both).

Lever has been raised as a genuine top 4 prospect I think.

I don't look forward to the day Lever has a good game for another club, and the whole "LOL MELBOURNE DRAFT FAIL" crap erupts

Hopefully it's on the same day Brayshaw has 30 possessions and McCartin jags 6 goals.
Doesn't really matter. Tyson was just about leading the comp for disposals (10th IIRC) and clearances when Kelly had his decent game against us. Still copped it.

It actually now seems strange to me that the saints aren't set on McCartin

Surely unless Petracca is like Judd and McCartin is Rhys Stanley as if they wouldn't take the key, either that or they are backing themselves to nab one in FA

Either way if we end up with McCartin it will be a blessing in disguise because it takes all the pressure off Hogan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back