Mega Thread 2014 Drafts complete

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Saints take McCartin I will personally put up the entire amount* to sponsor Petracca next year.

*Ok maybe not. $200 max.
But we're the kiss of death. :(

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Being one midfielder short wont hurt you in the future, Being a KF short will

Being short of a midfield hurts a fair bit. Most of the reason we are where we are.

Not as big a problem as it used to be though - in a few years they will be in a few key forwards ears about a big payday with a developing midfield feeding them lace out. Stick to safe bets when drafting and throw money at some established players when they're starting to climb back up the ladder.

They'll take Petracca, in my mind it's not a good decision given their list - but can understand recruiters not wanting to be scrutinized if they pick for needs and it doesn't work out (look how ours have been ****ed on).

They'll go Petracca and take a speculative tall like McKenzie in the 2nd round and then be surprised when they have no talls in 4 years worthy of a game.

Demon4123

Senior List
Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
A kid from Canberra (Aaron Vanderberg) met with Melbourne FC yesterday. He maybe that pick ND53, PSD2 or more probable a Rookie pick. Won the last 2 B&F's at the Ainslie Football Club and has a great tank and good disposal. Can also kick goals when moved forward. Don't be surprised if his wearing Melbourne colours next year.

Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
New York Giants
A kid from Canberra (Aaron Vanderberg) met with Melbourne FC yesterday. He maybe that pick ND53, PSD2 or more probable a Rookie pick. Won the last 2 B&F's at the Ainslie Football Club and has a great tank and good disposal. Can also kick goals when moved forward. Don't be surprised if his wearing Melbourne colours next year.

Just did a bit of internet sleuthing on the kid. Looks a good sort for pick 53

22 years old, 190cm (slightish frame), ball magnet mid that can play half back/half fwd and loves a goal.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...g-neafl-win-over-eastlake-20140607-zs0lb.html
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...neafl-representative-team-20140616-zs9tn.html

pjfairbairn

AFL Premiership Supporter, 2021
Feb 21, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Quick question for those wanting to use PS2 pick - and I don't have an opinion either way - but what are we expecting we might grab there that we couldn't get at Pick 53 in the ND? Are ex-AFL listed players entitled to nominate only for the PS draft, not National Draft, and what is the criteria for this if so - only those delisted this year?

CWaffles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants
New McCartin highlights are on the AFL website (Draft Machine page). He looks very good.
Strong boy doesn't get pushed under the ball with great hands, would be pretty excited with Hogan and McCartin up forwards when they are both getting regular games.

Quick question for those wanting to use PS2 pick - and I don't have an opinion either way - but what are we expecting we might grab there that we couldn't get at Pick 53 in the ND? Are ex-AFL listed players entitled to nominate only for the PS draft, not National Draft, and what is the criteria for this if so - only those delisted this year?
Isn't there another list lodgement period after the ND? So blokes might get cut after the ND then nominate for the PSD?
From this, it seems I am right: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-26/key-trade-draft-and-free-agency-dates. Although there is DFA between the ND and the PSD too, so that is another option for picking up a castaway if we want.

Hopefully he will put in some effort to lose some weight.
You should compare the difference between Hogan playing for WA to him playing in the nab cup earlier in the year against Geelong

He went from a bit of a flubba jub to well oiled machine, the definition in his arms gets me going

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back