Mega Thread 2014 Drafts complete

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah Petracca is a match winner - plays just like Dangerfield.

Will be a star.
I'm sure he'll be really good. There is just something about him I don't love. I just hope we aren't drafting Col Sylvia V2.0

Where as McCartin is a pack splitting KPF whom you don't get access to every day,

I'm sure he'll be really good. There is just something about him I don't love. I just hope we aren't drafting Col Sylvia V2.0

Where as McCartin is a pack splitting KPF whom you don't get access to every day,

Petracca has the want/will/determination whatever you want to call it to be a great player, nothing lazy about the kid.

Still don't think we'll end up with him though.

Cal Twomey has us taking Brayshaw at 2 and Petracca at 3 (or vice versa). McCartin at #1

His phantom is actually an interesting read.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-25/the-phantom-draft

He has lever going at 13!!

If we call out his name I'm changing ******* teams

Looks like I'll be correct predicting that they'll take the key forward which makes sense, it's far too hard to find them to pass on one

Who would people want if we had only the one selection?

I'd take Brayshaw. Just looks like he belongs.

Great article: http://www.news.com.au/sport/breaki...ge-for-melbourne/story-fnect155-1227134698075

Not disappointed with the Joel Selwood comparisons.
Brayshaw. Looks most likely to be a consistent high level player and have early impact a la Wines. Also absolutely love that he kicks well on both sides.

I think petracca and mccartin might have higher ceilings, but to me they're less of a sure thing. We need a sure thing.

Brayshaw. Looks most likely to be a consistent high level player and have early impact a la Wines. Also absolutely love that he kicks well on both sides.

I think petracca and mccartin might have higher ceilings, but to me they're less of a sure thing. We need a sure thing.

This part is huge, none of our mids can consistently kick on their non preffered except maybe jones who has worked on it
Steve Johnson has been a superstar because he can go 360 with the footy and still be damaging same as Sam Mitchell

This is the your Mclean/Sylvia combination again but hopefully far different

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This part is huge, none of our mids can consistently kick on their non preffered except maybe jones who has worked on it
Steve Johnson has been a superstar because he can go 360 with the footy and still be damaging same as Sam Mitchell

This is the your Mclean/Sylvia combination again but hopefully far different
To be fair most of our midfielders are consistently and equally s**t on both sides.

I want Brayshaw and McCartin. I don't love what I have seen of Petracca. I think he is a physical beast and can find the ball well and is solid overhead but he seems to lack class and polish. That can be improved in time but with Jones, Viney and Tyson I don't think we need as much help in the trenches as some speed and class in the middle. I think Brayshaw provides this far better than Petracca. McCartin can form a forward duo with Hogan in the future. Also if McCartin comes along well and we still need more midfield help, he will be a great bargaining chip for trading in mids in the future. I hope the saints take Petracca and strongly believe that they still will.

I want Brayshaw and McCartin. I don't love what I have seen of Petracca. I think he is a physical beast and can find the ball well and is solid overhead but he seems to lack class and polish. That can be improved in time but with Jones, Viney and Tyson I don't think we need as much help in the trenches as some speed and class in the middle. I think Brayshaw provides this far better than Petracca. McCartin can form a forward duo with Hogan in the future. Also if McCartin comes along well and we still need more midfield help, he will be a great bargaining chip for trading in mids in the future. I hope the saints take Petracca and strongly believe that they still will.

Either way, it's out of our hands.

Kind of nice actually. St Kilda are the only ones that can mess this up this time!

B is for Bursting through packs
E is for Extraordinary talent
S is for Supreme midfielder
T is for Trains the house down

A is for Aerial ability
V is for Versatility
A is for Awesome kick
I is for Inside dominance
L is for Long term player
A is for Agility
B is for Bringing the bump back
L is for Looks both ways in traffic
E is for EJEJEBDUEIWOEUUEWUAHSVWG HE'S ******* SLIDING TO PICK THREE

Either way, it's out of our hands.

Kind of nice actually. St Kilda are the only ones that can mess this up this time!
True but all 3 seem safer than say a Watts. They all already have the physicality to compete with men. It's just a matter of skill. Which I think Petracca has the least of as it stands. Wouldn't be disappointed with him just prefer the other two from the limited footage and reports. Brayshaw is my #1.

If we get both Brayshaw and Petracca...

giphy.gif

His foot skills for mine are questionable...

If we're planning on passing on Petracca, I sure as * hope St Kilda take him at no. 1 so that we're forced to go with McCartin. Though why we'd pass on CP is beyond me. Ollie Wines butchers the ball and maybe isn't the most skilful player but you'd still take him at number 2 or 3 everyday because he busts games open and leads from the midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back