2014 Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Although it is a first for a "draftee", it is in line with other category B rookies so not that unusual I would've thought.

Yeah, Hanley got to choose his club.

The interesting thing is that Johann Wagner is on the Central Districts senior list which should have made him ineligible.

I hope we push hard for the winner of the recruit. It's not going to cost us a spot or a huge amount of cash so there is really no downside. The positives will be one, if he becomes a gun (or even just best 22) we pick up a free player, and even if he flops the exposure our club will get towards the loads of viewers can only be beneficial. If even one person whose been following the show and decides to take an interest in AFL and therefore decides to follow the club who the winner choses, that's a plus for me.

Marketing 101.

The interesting thing is that Johann Wagner is on the Central Districts senior list which should have made him ineligible.

Without paying too much attention to The Recruit and its rules, could it be that he was eligible for the show, went on the show and then signed up with Central Districts? It seems he signed on for the 2014 season so depending on the timings that would be my guess.

Without paying too much attention to The Recruit and its rules, could it be that he was eligible for the show, went on the show and then signed up with Central Districts? It seems he signed on for the 2014 season so depending on the timings that would be my guess.
yeah pretty sure he made their senior list after applying and getting on the show. At time of application and selection he was eligible.

Haven't watched past the first episode but how's the dude from aspley going? He looked a real player

Hutchy? Got delisted by Vossy halfway through an episode. Wasn't even a proper elimination.

I hope we push hard for the winner of the recruit. It's not going to cost us a spot or a huge amount of cash so there is really no downside. The positives will be one, if he becomes a gun (or even just best 22) we pick up a free player, and even if he flops the exposure our club will get towards the loads of viewers can only be beneficial. If even one person whose been following the show and decides to take an interest in AFL and therefore decides to follow the club who the winner choses, that's a plus for me.

Marketing 101.
It's actual a bit of a negative for us because unlike the southern clubs we can use Cat B rookies on Qld rookies.

Who was that Irish guy everyone was talking about a few months ago. Still hoping we can get Hanley to convince him to come to us.
Conor McKenna.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talking to my usual conspirators at the footy on Sunday, and 1 advised that Leigh Matthews talked about Pearce's brother at half time on Friday night. Will be rookied next year.
By the Lions?

I don't understand. Is it Hanley's younger brother being rookied or Connor McKenna?
Mav is talking about Hanley Jr coming to the Lions.

The 'other' talk was about McKenna.

Captains County Mayo from what I can gather. Suffered a nasty knee injury yesterday from reports.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/football/2014/0824/639076-kerry-come-good-to-dethrone-champions/

Their chances were hit with a blow early on when centre-forward and captain Cian Hanley suffered what looked to be a season-ending knee injury.

He won a good ball, landed and turned before crumpling to the ground. He was patched up and let stay on the field, but was eventually carried off after 23 minutes.

That doesn't sound good at all, apparently went down three times before they carried him off. Hopefully he's OK.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back