2014 Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Just went and checked. At the Combine last year they were:

Gardiner - 193
McStay - 195
Cutler - 192
Interesting, thanks Quigley. Also checked the Lions website and the numbers I gave are the one's they quote. Do you know what they work off because I think the AFL yearbook is pretty much the same as the Lions.

Gary Ablett snr never won any of those awards yet is in the top 3 GOATs. Besides it's what he should strive for... can't believe Lion supporters are selling him short.

Agree. People need to be more realistic and set a benchmark that would put him in among the greatest few players of his generation.

The rest of you should be ashamed.

Actually, my nana & pop had a goat that was a better goat than Gary Ablett Snr.
Especially on key measurements of Milk produced and Grass eaten. GA was terrible at both.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Especially on key measurements of Milk produced and Grass eaten. GA was terrible at both.

From what I have heard though, they would break even on "living in the back of a pick-up truck".

E_3_Goats.jpg

Can someone remember who were the other pre-selected rookies we passed over? Ubergang was one yeah?

Can someone remember who were the other pre-selected rookies we passed over? Ubergang was one yeah?
Just as a reminder, these were our academy nominees this year:

Harris Andrews (Aspley Hornets/Wilston Grange)
Darcy Cameron-Reeves (Redlands/Morningside)
Liam Dawson (Aspley Hornets/Wilston Grange)
Matthew Hammelmann (Redlands/Morningside)
Daniel Henderson (Maroochydore)
William Kristelly (Maroochydore)
Cameron Stevenson (Aspley/ University of Queensland)
Matthew Ubergang (Redlands/ Western Magpies)

Beasley would've played with Cutler at Oakleigh last year, and McGrath and Evans were both at Bendigo. So none of the rookie's are coming to the club completely not knowing anyone which is good.
And worth noting that Hugh Beasley #8 also played on Josh Clayton #12 in the 2014 TAC week 3 Preliminary Final – Chargers versus Dragons only a couple of months ago - so could also remember each other?

And one for the wtf? Too thin throw ‘em back school of thought. Nickname for pencil thin Hugh Beasley, HB? :p

[freddie foto]
XHSgWg0.png

Beasley was great for the Bulldogs but isn't he a bit old? Also wouldn't it be against club policy to have a bookmaker playing for us?

Thanks... I wonder what the Lions thought the others selected over had over Ubergang given there was so much hype for the Uber.

Just went and checked. At the Combine last year they were:

Gardiner - 193
McStay - 195
Cutler - 192

They stuffed up a lot of the combine results for height and weight last year though. My understanding is that McStay is 194cm, Cutler 190cm and Gardiner 191cm. They may have grown since that, but I'm pretty sure that's what their actually heights were at time they were drafted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back