Mega Thread 2014 Drafts complete

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so Collingwood get Moore with teir 7. We then have Melbourne sitting at 2 and 3, with GWS with a KPF habit sitting behind them at 4.

There are two KPFs at the top end.

Trading up fro #5 or #7 to Melbourne must be tempting for the Blues or Doggies.
I lol'ed - "just one more"

Nakia Cockatoo. I'm officially on the bandwagon; kid is a stud. 188cm with an elite burst of speed... Did I mention he scored 29/30 in the kicking tests? Came into the curtain raiser before grand final day having missed the bulk of the year with a foot injury... Wins best on ground.

I'd do everything we can to find another avenue to get Lumumba without trading Pick 22.

Nakia Cockatoo. I'm officially on the bandwagon; kid is a stud. 188cm with an elite burst of speed... Did I mention he scored 29/30 in the kicking tests? Came into the curtain raiser before grand final day having missed the bulk of the year with a foot injury... Wins best on ground.

I'd do everything we can to find another avenue to get Lumumba without trading Pick 22.

You have to remember that roosys philosophy is let's get someone who makes a difference now rather than might in 5 years

You have to remember that roosys philosophy is let's get someone who makes a difference now rather than might in 5 years

Still doesn't explain the rationale behind recruiting La Dolce Vita.

He's not going to be there at 22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the father/son stuff that's happening today? And when do we know for sure what pick it's going to take to secure Stretch?

All players have to be nominated today. On Monday morning they have a bidding meeting. After that the F/S and academy picks are locked in and trade period starts.

What's the father/son stuff that's happening today? And when do we know for sure what pick it's going to take to secure Stretch?
Got a feeling that today is just for clubs to nominate which players they want to get via F/S. e.g. MFC will nominate Stretch.

If I've read this correctly, Monday will be the day that other clubs bid their picks for the nominated players so we should know then what pick we need to use. Only Saints can force us to use our 2nd by bidding their 2nd, others would have to bid their 1st rounder.

GWS is sitting there at #4, and Wright or McCartin is sitting there.

Do you really think we're going to say 'nahh, we'll let someone else have the KPF that'll take a couple of years to grow up' ?

You guys are going to end up with a best 22 made up entirely of kpf's at some point.

I'm not sure where I rate Wright - but it's 4th at absolute best.

McCartin is a more natural footballer and he impacts the score board. He would also make a pretty good pairing with Hogan in my opinion, as he's more of a strong marking full forward and Hogan is your lead up CHF.

I also see less risk with McCartin.

I'm a little worried about McCartin having diabetes and that effecting his development. I don't know much about elite spots science but the Fitz has the D and he is rake thin still too.

Does anyone know if this disease might effect McCartin's ability to put on size? If we draft 2 kids I'd love us two not take risks at this point.

I'm a little worried about McCartin having diabetes and that effecting his development. I don't know much about elite spots science but the Fitz has the D and he is rake thin still too.

Does anyone know if this disease might effect McCartin's ability to put on size? If we draft 2 kids I'd love us two not take risks at this point.
He already weighs 95kg, he's not a skinny Fitz or Watts type, more of another man child like Hogan

McCartin needs too lose weight, not put it on!

The only knock on McCartin would be his height. 193cm is now considered a small key forward.

I didn't know he was a man child. That's good to know. I've seen none of the u18's this year so am basically going on here say and bf trends. Thanks lads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back