List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Discussion

Who would you like us to select with our first round pick right now? (Wright & Durdin excluded)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

And watch a s**t standard SA GF. Howard and Fuller came from there (choosing to conveniently overlook certain other SA players on our list)

VFL game will be much better
Don't forget panos!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

S
sorry mate bias aside the sanfl is a much better standard than the vfl
I wouldn't say much better, this isn't Queensland.

And I think a certain team that's playing in the VFL final tomorrow might be giving a bit of bias :p

KMs latest draft has us getting Wright at 5

Cheers - I didn't realise he was just updating his initial post. Worth noting that he expects us to get Wright with Melbourne only having one pick. I would say that's our only chance.
That and a player like Jake Lever going ahead

lets say they traded it to Sydney
I could see Sydney possibly going for Goddard or Lever though

pretty much have a set forward line :(

I've been crossing my fingers hoping that Wright falls to us at our pick. The play of Durdin lately has made me feel a little more at ease. I would be more than happy to draft one of Lever or Durdin. I have concerns about Wright, history shows those 200cm guys really struggle at the next level as a forward. I like what I've heard about Durdin, long arms, good vertical, reads the ball well and takes marks at the highest point. These are skills that transition well.

It seems he may have been hampered by his thumb early on. I've personally had thumb injuries in my younger days as a Basketballer. The ability to take clean possession and to handle the ball is severely diminished.

Also Durdins flexibility to fill a hole forward or back had him firming as my favourite.

Before I get too excited I will have to prepare for GWS taking him from under our nose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back