List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Discussion

Who would you like us to select with our first round pick right now? (Wright & Durdin excluded)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dav1d

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 31, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Age reports Kevin Sheehan saying that there are four worthy players for No 1 draft pick this year (Petracca,Brayshaw, Wright, McCartin).
Guess which pick we've got?
Lever, because no player Sheehan talks up ever plays to expectations, he (Lever) will be the star of the bunch :p

yeah there is a bit of everything in the draft, I just hope St Kilda do not get those 3 picks inside the top 20

a few spots on the rookie list to, we've had some good success with the rookie list in the past so the more picks we have there the better

Pick 1 and 21 at the moment. Be difficult to see who they'd shift in an uncomplicated trade to get another first round draft pick. Most of their good young players are from Vic so there shouldn't be any angst to leave just yet. Only realy Acres and Dunstan are realistic FR pick potentials, but trading them would defeat the purpose.

King Harold

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 23, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Cleveland Indians
Lever, because no player Sheehan talks up ever plays to expectations, he (Lever) will be the star of the bunch :p

Was hopping last year we went the Bont ,and fingers crossed for Lever this year. So I'm with you Dav1d :p

Hard working, attacking half backs that can play as a KPD in a pinch
:eek: I only wish I could change who I voted for at the top
because I voted McCartin
If Dalrymple can't change C.Howard you can't change McCartin... bwahahaha!

Is that now official?
I thought we still had pick 5 at this stage and the Frawley stuff was still all speculation.
It's not official, but you'd be a brave man to bet against it I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's basically going to come down to who's available out of Durdin & Lever should our pick get pushed to 6.
In no particular order but you'd expect McCartin, Petracca, Brayshaw, Wright and one of Lever/Durdin to be gone in the first five, so the choice will be who of those two haven't slipped, unless one of the other four slip.

Long way to go. Bont's was only really warming up his charge this time last year ;)

I think it's basically going to come down to who's available out of Durdin & Lever should our pick get pushed to 6.
In no particular order but you'd expect McCartin, Petracca, Brayshaw, Wright and one of Lever/Durdin to be gone in the first five, so the choice will be who of those two haven't slipped, unless one of the other four slip.

Long way to go. Bont's was only really warming up his charge this time last year ;)

I think we go Lever. His upside is massive.

With Lever at 194cm now and Bonts still growing i think our KPP are going ok.

Bonts is going to smash CHF next year and everyone will shut the * up.

I think we go Lever. His upside is massive.

With Lever at 194cm now and Bonts still growing i think our KPP are going ok.

Bonts is going to smash CHF next year and everyone will shut the **** up.
I totally agree with you. He's a good strong country lad, KP, has gone beyond what would have been required of him during his rehab to improve his leadership qualities, Captained Vic Metro as an under-ager the previous year. In short; he's got BMc's boxes ticked everywhere.

Dav1d

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 31, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I totally agree with you. He's a good strong country lad, KP, has gone beyond what would have been required of him during his rehab to improve his leadership qualities, Captained Vic Metro as an under-ager the previous year. In short; he's got BMc's boxes ticked everywhere.
Worked closely with Brad Johnson during the AIS trip because he was still in the squad and went over and would always be in the huddles and giving his team-mates advice
Even Peter Wright talks him up, whoever plays with him they seem to all love him

Dav1d

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 31, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Like the sound of this McKenna, and I'd guess were one of the few clubs left without a cat B rookie, free hit and he sounds the goods. Get it done doggies!
can see Collingwood getting it done, the greedy bastards
probably wouldn't end up playing him to, just prove that they can get anyone they want

:eek: would love an international rookie on the list
have wanted one for years!

Worked closely with Brad Johnson during the AIS trip because he was still in the squad and went over and would always be in the huddles and giving his team-mates advice
Even Peter Wright talks him up, whoever plays with him they seem to all love him
Yep. Has been the player who's always been in the back of my mind as our selection, given that he would be a stretch, as our draft position fluctuated up or down a few during the season.

To keep in mind, Durdin is an physically under-developed KP (currently like most his age) and is also from SA. Lever would be good for 10+ games in his first year. Durdin may take 12-18 months of VFL development before he plays semi regularly in any side.

This is a first round we must nail, with no foreseen/theorised circumstances popping up in the future.

Dav1d

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 31, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yep. Has been the player who's always been in the back of my mind as our selection, given that he would be a stretch, as our draft position fluctuated up or down a few during the season.

To keep in mind, Durdin is an physically under-developed KP (currently like most his age) and is also from SA. Lever would be good for 10+ games in his first year. Durdin may take 12-18 months of VFL development before he plays semi regularly in any side.

This is a first round we must nail, with no foreseen/theorised circumstances popping up in the future.
I think Lever would have his roles change as he develops as well
Where as Durdin probably stays set in the one, I would be happy with either and hope the supporters show them the patience they deserve

I think Adelaide would be stoked if Durdin finds his way to them to

10.14am: Collingwood, Essendon, West Coast and the Western Bulldogs are interested in Irish prospect Conor McKenna. AFL.com.au's Callum Twomey caught up with the Gaelic star at the NAB AFL Draft Combine.

VitalDread
Ya ya ya ya
Come on dal sign him up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back