List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Discussion

Who would you like us to select with our first round pick right now? (Wright & Durdin excluded)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the picks we have in this draft it looks as if we might go in with an extra rookie selection or two. Most likey two considering that if Tutt goes we have 3 selections (not including the Jong upgrade) after the Zaine Cordy selection.

Last edited:

Dannnnnnnnnn what do you think of the few players that are related to the blokes on our list? I really thought that someone would take Liam Hunt last year as a rookie but he dropped through and seems to have played a few VFL games (as the 23rd player I'd say) for the Northern Blues. I think if Tutt leaves then Joe Maishman would be a good rookie pick especially in the case of having an extra pick Both would add something just curious on your thoughts.

I am wondering how many live draft picks we should take to the
November draft as we have Tom Boyd and Zaine Cordy who are
relative babies and Shane Biggs who is a 91 birth year already
locked in.Also with four spots open on the rookie list should we
pick two mature types off the DFA list and two best remaining
talent types for development.I am drawn to James Polkinghorne
maybe cause he has a weird name or maybe for his 92 games
and age profile 89 birth year.Maybe we are better sticking with the
kids re Brisbane it's hard to know.
Hard to know until we have the final delistings and all that (We are still hopeful of talking around Tutt, unsure on the futures of our other 3 rookies).
I definitely think the Rookie list should see the addition of a Polkinhorne or Petrenko type player. Perhaps two might be too many, but considering we are going to probably be light on experience, having players who will be able to just slot in in the worst case scenarios will be good.

Think it was C4 who said we were interested in Hammelman a while ago, and that we were considering putting in a bid.

Also wish we bid on Finlayson, reckon he would have been a good option to play alongside Boyd, surprised he slipped through!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I definitely think the Rookie list should see the addition of a Polkinhorne or Petrenko type player. Perhaps two might be too many, but considering we are going to probably be light on experience, having players who will be able to just slot in in the worst case scenarios will be good.

Not good for the board when Ernie and co get on the Lower, Goodes and Young train. We can't recruit for worst case. There must be some LT upside.

Not good for the board when Ernie and co get on the Lower, Goodes and Young train. We can't recruit for worst case. There must be some LT upside.
Ehhh, Young and Lower seemed both possible of having upside. Lower was arguably squeezed out by better players in his position. Young just too lackadaisical. Some players will always fail. Considering we will have at least 4 new rookies, It is dangerous to bring in 4 players who are considered outside the top 80 or so talents of their year.

Watching Viojo-Rainbow's highlights, I would jump on him if he's there by our first pick. Looks like a perfect player to complement our list. Could definitely see him being a damaging half back/winger at the next level and his kicking into our forwards would be to die for.

Reading about Oscar McDonald he is regarded as a "no frills defender" but watching his highlights he seems to be a good kicking and good overhead mark. Someone who could compliment Tom Boyd well.

Jeez, Cockatoo was impressive in the one game he played, looks like a Dustin Martin clone. Hope he gets to our pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back