List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Discussion

Who would you like us to select with our first round pick right now? (Wright & Durdin excluded)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance one of McDonald, Menadue or Keitel is there at 39? Think those 3 are perfect for us. Really should have held firm on the Boyd trade and got 23 tbh, will GWS even use it?

Keitel has everything you want in a 2nd tall fwd. think I've read he's very professional too so probably passed the attitude test

Any chance one of McDonald, Menadue or Keitel is there at 39? Think those 3 are perfect for us. Really should have held firm on the Boyd trade and got 23 tbh, will GWS even use it?

Keitel has everything you want in a 2nd tall fwd. think I've read he's very professional too so probably passed the attitude test
Here's a tricky one: if Keitel, Menadue and McDonald are available at our first two picks, which two do you go for?

If GWS pass with that pick, I'd be pretty annoyed to

Here's a tricky one: if Keitel, Menadue and McDonald are available at our first two picks, which two do you go for?
McDonald and Menadue

take the two Victorians first, more clubs to trade with if they wanted out
where as if Keitel wanted to head home, only have WCE & Freo to deal with

If Menadue and Mcdonald are available at 26 and 27 I would take those 2. Our lack of outside speed and ball use is still very problematic and I think our forward end is in slightly better shape than our defence. If we can't get Keitel at 39 then I'd look towards a Hammelman or Crisp. We need another KPD and McDonald is the one we could possibly get at that spot. He also showed a bit up forward too. I'd go for him most certainly.

We still have a number of holes across our list so hopefully it goes something like this.

26. Menadue
27. McDonald
39. Keitel/Hammelman/Crisp
45. McLean/Daniel
46. Drummond

Hmm tough but I'd probably go Menadue and McDonald, hope Keitel is there at 39 but even if not there's still a couple of options I don't mind around our later picks like Payne.

I think we go a KPP and a Midfielder/best available.

P26 - Cockatoo/Menadue/Ellis
P27 - McDonald/McKenzie

Would be happy with any 2 of those 5, get a second KPF to go with Boyd or another KPD to add to the stocks as well as a possible midfielder gun. I'd even take both Menadue and Cockatoo but I seriously doubt they will both be there.

It is possible. Don't know how many spots they'll have in both drafts though.
Currently have 36 on their main list and 2 on their rookie list (plus 2 cat B boys); so 4 main draft picks and 2 rookie picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given the perennial over-seller Mick Turner describes him as a "work-in-progress", probably not :p

I can see the Hawks picking him up as a rookie for sentimentality's sake. They like spinning that 'family club' crap. He could make something of himself in that system.

Im not interested in anyone who can run fast or kick long and accurately unless I see them run through traffic with the ball before doing it, or do it with someone hard on their hammer.

Having not gone through any of the vids, which players can do that consistently?
Great post bro.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ecruiters-sights/story-fngeflq8-1227080542994

Mick Turner says he think he would best taken as a rookie, as he'll likely take 2 years to develop his fitness & monitor his ankle

Every other player Mick Turner has coached is a shoo-in to win two Brownlows, a Norm Smith and three Colemans - all in his first year.

Mick Turner saying he should be a rookie is the equivalent of a Big Footy Liam-Jones-after-the-Melbourne-game-he-is-s**t level rant.

Menadue and McDonald.
Keitel is well behind the other two in performance. He may have a potentially higher ceiling as a KPF but McD has performed better as a KPF than keitel, although McD will probably be a better KPD than forward.

Would rather take McDonald and Menadue in the second and take Payne later to develop into an Athletic CHF to go with Boyd. Throw in elite skills at 39 and a bit more pace and we'd be doing alright.

Just looking through player that I like the look of for Rookie spots and found that Jesse Palmer has the same B'day as me (17 of October) only he is a year younger. He is a good size just wonder whether he can be developed to play midfield and rest forward.

Billy Frampton looks like a ruck/forward late selection. Nice skills and moves well.

http://bigpondvideo.com/AFL/696677/draft-prospect-billy-frampton/

Write-up from EQ:

Billy Frampton (South Fremantle)

Born 20.11.1996, 199cm, 85kg

AFL biography: Ruckman with very good athletic ability including natural leap and speed. Averaged 17.3 disposals and 5.3 marks in 13 Colts games in WAFL this year. At his best in both games against Vic Metro in the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships.

Raff Guadagnino, WAFL: "Billy's a ruckman who can kick goals. He has really good agility so he can move around the ground well and he's a fierce competitor who doesn't like to lose."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back