List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Discussion

Who would you like us to select with our first round pick right now? (Wright & Durdin excluded)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think he gets a crack dannnnnnn?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I really don't know to be honest. He looks to have the tools, has improved his game immensely, and his off-field concerns have apparently been more or less addressed. At AFL level though he was very average and off-field a concern so I imagine clubs will be wary. I'd say not at this stage, but it's hard to know for sure. Wouldn't be adverse to picking him up with a late rookie pick.

Damn right, Macrae was a lock for me i settled on Mayes for the other
pick as Stringers broken leg x-rays were horrible.
Dannnnnnnn had to eat his on face, on account of Plowman I believe
was that correct Dannnnnn? :eek:

I remember the fans verdict was, we were getting both Stringer and Plowman and I can't remember the midfielder
Also upon further thinking if we do go EVW and we think he's got a chance as a mid, we should be hitting up a skilful or running type for the back half with one of our other picks inside 40
Daniel McKenzie then so its EVW and McKenzie at 26 & 27?

I definitely think they're interesting types of players to be taking, if we do take them

Dannnnnnnn had to eat his on face, on account of Plowman I believe
was that correct Dannnnnn? :eek:

I remember the fans verdict was, we were getting both Stringer and Plowman and I can't remember the midfielder

Daniel McKenzie then so its EVW and McKenzie at 26 & 27?

I definitely think they're interesting types of players to be taking, if we do take them
Could think of worse. They both tick enough boxes and have some versatility/X factor

Interesting that we are considering VW as an extractor at 26 when Blakely is quite possibly still on the board.

Blakely just looks a natural in traffic.

I wonder if it is another character based call...
If Connor Blakely is still on the board after pick 20 i will be mortified the
things he does naturally around the stoppage cannot be taught easily.

If Connor Blakely is still on the board after pick 20 i will be mortified the
things he does naturally around the stoppage cannot be taught easily.
It seems as though most people think he will.

I haven't seen the kid play but his kicking looks a little scrappy in his highlights. Are there any knocks on him as far as you're concerned?

It seems as though most people think he will.

I haven't seen the kid play but his kicking looks a little scrappy in his highlights. Are there any knocks on him as far as you're concerned?
Just my opinion, but no knocks from me it is hard to compare an
inside/outside mid to some of the more flashy types who will go
in the top twenty.

are mods able to change to poll at the top to include names likely to be avavilable at 26? it'd be interesting to see who people rate now that P6 has morphed into our saviour of saviours...

Names such as?

What we need to remember when assessing the Fogarty rumour is just where he's going to be taken. It's likely a third rookie pick - pick #41. Given the picks likely to be used in the main draft, that means our third rookie will be the player tipped to be approximately the 121st best player in the draft. That's obscene and most players at this range have limited upside. Saying there are better options than him is a bit obscene unless you have a draft board going that far down.

Fogarty would be lucky to be in the top 121 state league player's going around, he wasn't picked in the VIC 40 man state league. He's currently 23 years, he's tough, good inside, very good tackler, a solid player and his kicking has a bit of penetration. But he's yet to dominate a VFL game of footy, he is a poor kick (kicking efficiency is only just above 50% this year), has limited upside and he's on the slow side.

I have no problems with us picking up a couple state league player's, in fact I welcome the idea. But I want player's who have at least dominate games of footy in their state leagues or had great years. Fogarty doesn't have performance on the board nor do I think he has the talent to make it.

The chances of there being better options are more then high I would have thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fogarty would be lucky to be in the top 121 state league player's going around, he wasn't picked in the VIC 40 man state league. He's currently 23 years, he's tough, good inside, very good tackler, a solid player and his kicking has a bit of penetration. But he's yet to dominate a VFL game of footy, he is a poor kick (kicking efficiency is only just above 50% this year), has limited upside and he's on the slow side.

I have no problems with us picking up a couple state league player's, in fact I welcome the idea. But I want player's who have at least dominate games of footy in their state leagues or had great years. Fogarty doesn't have performance on the board nor do I think he has the talent to make it.

The chances of there being better options are more then high I would have thought.
Fair enough, but I'd argue that Fogarty's finals were exceptional. A lot of his work is off the ball and he runs extremely hard both with and without the ball. Six of his 13 games featured ten or more tackles; in ten of them he had five or more. The guy loves defensive pressure and is a big body that makes those around him stand a little taller. Moreso than other state league players, we know his training habits and character inside-out, and we know how he gets along with the group.

All I'm saying is that very few players selected at that pick have much upside, and even fewer will make any reasonable contribution to a side at AFL level. If we think Fogarty can contribute and help a young group with a big body that runs hard both ways and does the team things, at pick 41 in the rookie draft we really can't go wrong.

spoke to our new coach Wednesday and asked who we would target in this draft he said straight speed speed speed and being a left footer will help.....

So whos that...McKenzie,Rainbow,and who else ,anyone?

wow. beautiful kick of the footy, and has the speed and side-step to give himself time to execute. Why not?
He's not a beautiful kick of the football. He's an improvement on say Clay Smith who butchers the ball but it somehow gets to the right spot. The grainy vision on the highlights hides this somewhat.

He's not a beautiful kick of the football. He's an improvement on say Clay Smith who butchers the ball but it somehow gets to the right spot. The grainy vision on the highlights hides this somewhat.

Could be worst kick in the world as far as I know , but every kick in that highlight reel hit the mark.
So not sure what your trying to say ?

Could be worst kick in the world as far as I know , but every kick in that highlight reel hit the mark.
So not sure what your trying to say ?

Stylistically he's not a great executor of the kick e.g. helicopter/floaters. Most hit the mark, but with an upgrade of pressure at AFL hopefully this isn't a chink

Stylistically he's not a great executor of the kick e.g. helicopter/floaters. Most hit the mark, but with an upgrade of pressure at AFL hopefully this isn't a chink

Ok , GSW , seems you have seen a fair bit of him ?
He does look to be an up grade on someone like Tutt , looks a little silkier with ball in hand ?

Blakely's speed is the biggest question mark - I've heard he ran a 3.19s 20m sprint which isn't good at all.
Blakely gets it out to the guys that run the 2.8's for the 20 mtrs. His
positioning and fluid motion at the stoppage and in traffic is
breathtaking, but your point is valid as we have a fairly
pedestrian midfield at the moment.

spoke to our new coach Wednesday and asked who we would target in this draft he said straight speed speed speed and being a left footer will help.....

So whos that...McKenzie,Rainbow,and who else ,anyone?

What happened to Sewell coming out of retirement to join Bev at the Dogs? :rolleyes:

Ok , GSW , seems you have seen a fair bit of him ?
He does look to be an up grade on someone like Tutt , looks a little silkier with ball in hand ?
Yes, his evasive skills, as shown in the highlights (something he's definitely improved on) are much better than Tutts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back