List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Discussion

Who would you like us to select with our first round pick right now? (Wright & Durdin excluded)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched more footage now

Josh Fox Wizard17 wasn't really convinced, with his ball handling; hope he can get some games as a pure KPF

Zaine going second round would be mental, I remember Cripps from WA smoked him in the first quarter and Goddard went to Cripps

if Viojo-Rainbow could just win more ball, he would be a star

Duggan isn't as exciting as I once thought, makes some 'safe' decisions with the ball

still Laverde is dangerous (kinda reckless) with the ball, but he just has it come off and is a skilled user, big and quick and a touch elusive

think Weller could be a good fit to...definitely would add a touch of class

Watched more footage now

Josh Fox Wizard17 wasn't really convinced, with his ball handling; hope he can get some games as a pure KPF

Zaine going second round would be mental, I remember Cripps from WA smoked him in the first quarter and Goddard went to Cripps

if Viojo-Rainbow could just win more ball, he would be a star

Duggan isn't as exciting as I once thought, makes some 'safe' decisions with the ball

still Laverde is dangerous (kinda reckless) with the ball, but he just has it come off and is a skilled user, big and quick and a touch elusive

think Weller could be a good fit to...definitely would add a touch of class
I think that's a good thing about Laverde, we need some more people that attempt the risky options. Fits exactly what we're building, id be rapt with him

So if we go KPP with our first pic( Say pick 5) what are our options? sounds like McCartin will go 1, Wright Top 3. Can any experienced draft guys tell me what our KPP options would be? Cheers in advance.

So if we go KPP with our first pic( Say pick 5) what are our options? sounds like McCartin will go 1, Wright Top 3. Can any experienced draft guys tell me what our KPP options would be? Cheers in advance.
I'd be happy with Durdin....

Well we definitely won't get the two that you mentioned, would be a big surprise if either fall. I think this draft will be about defence for us. Durdin and Lever will be good options, and Marchbank is one who has climbed up the boards fast lately

Well we definitely won't get the two that you mentioned, would be a big surprise if either fall. I think this draft will be about defence for us. Durdin and Lever will be good options, and Marchbank is one who has climbed up the boards fast lately
Cheers couple names to look into, thanks.

Brodie Grundy says hi
Grundy went out of his way to put teams off during interviews. Cant see Goddard doing that.

AFL needs to introduce a sliding rookie pay scale so kids get paid more the higher they are drafted. Puts the onus more on the agent to work the angles and get their kids taken as high as possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Durdin, Lever, Goddard, Marchbank, Keitel (maybe 2nd rounder) 1st Round
McKenzie, Fox, Conlon, Cripps 2nd Round & Beyond

Kinda meh on the KPPs, none have really done anything spectacular
except McKenzie with his 10 goals, hasn't backed it up yet though

Grundy went out of his way to put teams off during interviews. Cant see Goddard doing that.

AFL needs to introduce a sliding rookie pay scale so kids get paid more the higher they are drafted. Puts the onus more on the agent to work the angles and get their kids taken as high as possible.
How did he go out of his way?

I'm not sure if that is necessarily true or just speculation

every interview I saw with Scharenberg (and apologize for any lurking Collingwood supporters) and he seemed a massive d-bag
Of the interviews I saw, I got that impression too.

Loved Boyd, Kelly, Kolodjashnij, Aish and Bontempelli, found it a little hard to listen to Billings, and didn't like Scharenberg at all. Some of them really would be better off not opening their mouth, if they had the choice.

Of the interviews I saw, I got that impression too.

Loved Boyd, Kelly, Kolodjashnij, Aish and Bontempelli, found it a little hard to listen to Billings, and didn't like Scharenberg at all. Some of them really would be better off not opening their mouth, if they had the choice.
Billings slurred his words together a lot
don't think it will hurt him on the football field, remember seeing Grundy been grabbed when Grundy obviously wanted to deck an opposition player
so he probably has some attitude issues, but Collingwood obviously must back their development program
and why wouldn't they? they spend like 4 or 5 times more then what we do :eek:

Billings slurred his words together a lot
don't think it will hurt him on the football field, remember seeing Grundy been grabbed when Grundy obviously wanted to deck an opposition player
so he probably has some attitude issues, but Collingwood obviously must back their development program
and why wouldn't they? they spend like 4 or 5 times more then what we do :eek:
Billings comes off as a 'lights are on but nobody's home' type in every interview I've seen. He's going to be a terrific player though, love that he's good on both feet. I'm not sure I'd have gone for him if he was available at our pick, I guess we'll see how he goes.

The rumours seem to be that Grundy is intelligent and well grounded off the field but he does get into a bit of strife on the field at times. They took Taylor Adams, so I guess they don't worry too much about the off field stuff, they just back themselves, as you said.

I'm not sure if that is necessarily true or just speculation

every interview I saw with Scharenberg (and apologize for any lurking Collingwood supporters) and he seemed a massive d-bag
Grundy seems like a flog on the footy field too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back