List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Discussion

Who would you like us to select with our first round pick right now? (Wright & Durdin excluded)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how Dannnnnn puts in so much effort into his posts just to get this in return. :p
thing is, we're rating players based on how they'd suit us
and not so much other clubs

Ellis and Duggan will very likely go high though, for all anyone knows on here
the players may have been told to work on elements of their game that were keeping them from been a complete player
which is exactly what clubs want from a young player; proves they're easily coachable and etc

Not really in my case, if I'm asked to comment on a player I give my thoughts on them as a player, not necessarily just for us.
maybe so, but I was generalizing what the majority do

each year, there a lot of posters which react with the response or similar
'You're crazy, that player has done nothing all year!' when Brett Anderson says a certain player will be going in the first round
and he'd know

Anderson at the start of the year tipped Duggan to go about pick 20; will be interesting to see if he has gone up or down when he does his next phantom draft

I remember that
Marsh really didn't have a high endurance, would fade from games pretty badly
so it makes sense
Jack Leslie was bit of a surprise, but still the biggest one was Darcy Lang to Geelong for their first
Geelong LOVE lang. Think he is a genuine future A grader.

Geelong LOVE lang. Think he is a genuine future A grader.
was probably BOG or close to in the first two games against the Div. 2 sides

burst midfielder with a reliable enough of a kick, I remember we were supposed to be quite interested...apparently
same with Karl Amon that Port Adelaide took, got similar attributes
wonder if we'll be after a player like that again...Goodyear is one that comes to mind & Drummond another, but neither real solid kicks

Tyler Keitel?

one of Reece McKenzie or Tyler Keitel would be my choice
probably Keitel if you have the option, because he has the versatility to play as a key defender
Interesting; they're probably the two standout key position players at that pick but probably not the best-performed players available. It's an interesting debate in this situation, especially if we don't manage to grab a KPP with our first pick (as I haven't).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting; they're probably the two standout key position players at that pick but probably not the best-performed players available. It's an interesting debate in this situation, especially if we don't manage to grab a KPP with our first pick (as I haven't).
nothing wrong with picking another midfielder at the second pick
but I'd assume if Cripps was going that high, there probably won't be any (if any) KPPs available in the 3rd

Duggan or v-rainbow
I'd love for us to get VR

fast, strong overhead, great kick off his left, think hes about 186cm (so tall midfielder?)

poor defensively though, not a high accumulator

Quick question for you guys. Do you still have the same recruiter that picked Howard and Tutt? Was just thinking it's pretty amazing what he's done the last 2 drafts if it is.
Yeah, same guy. Howard and Tutty were selected in 2009, Dalrymple's first year.

He couldn't go wrong with Libba and Wallis in 2010 but found a ripper in Dahlhaus (#22, rookie draft) and before he sooked it up and went home, Schofield looked alright too.

It's improved out of sight since McCartney walked into the club with a 'system'. Clay Smith, Michael Talia, Tory Dickson, Jake Stringer, Jack Macrae, Nathan Hrovat, Lachie Hunter, Marcus Bontempelli and Mitch Honeychurch all look the goods so far, and only injury has kept Daniel Pearce and Josh Prudden from making some sort of an impact. Fletcher Roberts (#11 PSD, 2011) will be a good player too.

I think in 2009, Dalrymple was spooked into picking Howard at #15 because he knew he wouldn't be there at our next pick, if Adelaide weren't bluffing. Unfortunately the selection practically had other recruiters in fits of laughter.

That's a fair improvement. I remember at the time a recruiter telling me he thought he was on the grog before picking Howard. Now the guy is nailing the stars.
I'm keen to see who he takes in this draft

I think a lot of the supporters are dying for another KPP
don't think this means we'll necessarily take one at our first pick though

I think Dalrymple has learned his lesson :D

If he is still available Duggan if not one of Viojo-Rainbow or Langford simply the highest ceilings in that group. Need to fit someone to do the attacking halfback role ala Murphy and those three could very well do it. I think one of my KPP options will be available in the third round.

Just noticed Kietel is still on the board.... oh dear.... that makes it a little harder.

Next pick coming up soon. Any predictions?

If he is still available Duggan if not one of Viojo-Rainbow or Langford simply the highest ceilings in that group. Need to fit someone to do the attacking halfback role ala Murphy and those three could very well do it. I think one of my KPP options will be available in the third round.

Just noticed Kietel is still on the board.... oh dear.... that makes it a little harder.
remember that he also picked Laverde with his first

I'd hold onto hope that VR was there a little later
Keitel, Nelson, Duggan, Ellis are all still available I think; so not bad
someone took Cripps early
:eek: though won't happen in the real thing...you'd imagine :rolleyes:

Darley- Roughead- Wood
Langford/Duggan/VR/Ellis - ??? - JJ

Bonti- Wallis- Laverde
Campbell- Libba- Macrae

Stringer- ???- Dahl
Honey - Jones- Crameri

Int- Smith, Stevens, Grant sub: Hrovat

(Depending on playing a side with two talls if not Roberts or Talia playing)

Still would need a Chf and a CHB

McLaren is more my type KPD way 197cm big body, as opposed to our 3rd talls all playing as CHBs....

Payne is my favorite as a CHF works really well as a high forward kicks at goal really well too.

I actually forgot that Ellis was there makes things really hard for Dannnnnnnnnn
Go Keitel, can fill both spots

and hope one of VR, McKenzie, Cripps, etc are there at our 3rd in the real thing

No love for Ellis is shocking, guy is a Dal Santo clone
:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back