2014 Draft outcome discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

And is a first round draft pick??? Geez I should have put my hand up for the blues!
Had a quick look over at the Blues forum for a laugh and they are all trying to convince themselves that his "highlights" package looked better than Laverde's. One poster asked the very relevant question "If we wanted him, surely we could have just used a later pick to secure him"? Nobody has bothered to respond to that one.......

I like Johansen, height might be an issue though at just 170cm, I think he can play but after taking Lonie (174cm) I don't want to take too many shorter blokes personally. Wouldn't mind at our second rookie pick though.

great call. ive been a massive wrap for capiron. hope we get him pick 1 rookie draft

I guess I need to go and make myself a new avatar, replace these old blokes ( :D ) in Dunstan, Billings and Acres and replace them with McCartin, Goddard, McKenzie and Lonie. Four players instead of three this time, let's see if I can fit them into the avatar... it's ok, Lonie doesn't take up much space :D

Forgot to put in Jason Castagna, love his dash, looked pretty quick when I watched him. HBFer though.

And Keenan Ramsey, could be an option to shore up KPD stocks.

Haha yeah it always happens hey! Its pretty exciting, still have to be patient but I love this part of watching all these young guys develop together and hopefully have a crack at finals soon!
The best thing is that, Roo Joey and Dempster aside, they're all young enough to be around for a long time together to build something really special

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big call, and maybe this is a bit of post draft euphoria but I think either Goddard or Laverde is the steal of the draft. Personally, I would prefer Goddard over both Marchbank & Durdin. Lever is a bit harder to call. Goddard absolutely towers over Marchbank in the video posted above, he is a big athletic unit.

Most importantly, has a sweet sweet left boot on him. In today's footy you can't carry too much blokes that are a bit suspect by foot in the backline. Goddard is just what we need.

If everyone is fit for Round 1 next season, what do you think our best 22 would be against GWS?
I think it's still the old guard for awhile

Geary Delaney Dempster
Wright Fisher Gilbert
Montagna Armitage Newnes
Billings Riewoldt Acres
Schneider McCartin Bruce

Foll Hickey Dunstan Steven

Int Ray, Savage, Weller

Sub: Markworth :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back