Opinion 2014 Draft Prospects / Strategy

Remove this Banner Ad

Well if you want an injury prone ruckman you can have renouf

For free

Please take him

Ah, think I might pass.

Btw good luck today. Love to see you guys get up and I reckon you are a real chance. Love the style of game Hinkley has got your team playing. Reminds me of some other team of a few years ago....

I reckon this is the smallest thing on everbody's mind at the moment but I think we could now be a possible lock for blakely given we don't trade our first round away

If we do trade in a quality big man and a support ruck, grab the best midfielder available - there are guys here with a good idea of who that will be at pick 19 or whatever. :D Another gun mid in the team would be frightening. A tallish Fyfe type would be nice. :p

Then grab a KPP and ruck, speculative mid, then another mature age ruck for the rookie list.

If we do trade in a quality big man and a support ruck, grab the best midfielder available - there are guys here with a good idea of who that will be at pick 19 or whatever. :D Another gun mid in the team would be frightening. A tallish Fyfe type would be nice. :p

Then grab a KPP and ruck, speculative mid, then another mature age ruck for the rookie list.

I reckon if we get Lowden we'll trade for second maybe third round. Midfielders: Blakely, Duggan, De Goey, Laverde For the fyfe type Tom Lamb might be similar 192cm not a kpp more of a winger/utility type with a good but inconsistent kick but he has really bad attitude not as bad as Garlett but he seems the type that wouldn't want to move interstate. Laverde x factor written all over him. De Goey is also pretty close to a fyfe type good overhead and cannot really be compared to any current player similar to wingard. Not playing style just how they are their own player only thing is himself and laverde most likely will be taken before our pick unless one slides. Blakely has impressive agility and movement but is rated as a second round prospect and duggan has a good leg and can play halfback but seems a ben Jacobs type.

I reckon if we get Lowden we'll trade for second maybe third round. Midfielders: Blakely, Duggan, De Goey, Laverde For the fyfe type Tom Lamb might be similar 192cm not a kpp more of a winger/utility type with a good but inconsistent kick but he has really bad attitude not as bad as Garlett but he seems the type that wouldn't want to move interstate. Laverde x factor written all over him. De Goey is also pretty close to a fyfe type good overhead and cannot really be compared to any current player similar to wingard. Not playing style just how they are their own player only thing is himself and laverde most likely will be taken before our pick unless one slides. Blakely has impressive agility and movement but is rated as a second round prospect and duggan has a good leg and can play halfback but seems a ben Jacobs type.

I really start checking out draftees when our season is over. So in the true Port Adelaide tradition, two weeks? :D

I think we can probably cross Weller off the wishlist.

With Gold Coast having a compo pick tied to Geelong's finishing position they'll now have two picks before our first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still want Josh Glenn with our 1st pick. Trying to make cases for others but it's just not the same.

THE AFL has announced the sixth group of players that will attend the 2014 NAB AFL Draft Combine in October at Etihad Stadium in Melbourne.

The Medium Defenders group comprises of 14 players including two players who have won All-Australian honours and one International from Ireland who starred earlier this year for the European Legion against the Australian Under-18 team in London.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-15/medium-defenders-named-for-combine

our group of running small/ medium defenders is probably in the top 2 or 3 in the comp to be honest. they are also young and improving.

broadbent , pittard , oshea , impey and colquhoon.

im not saying i wouldnt add josh glenn to that group if he is too much value to pass up at a certain pick.

but i would not jump on him as we are strong in that area , and have certain weaknesses that should be addressed first. unless josh glenn is >>>>>>> above the next guy meh. he is only 179cm , thats fairly small as well , but he seems to have proven he has skills to make an impact , but i have questions when people reckon he could become a good midfielder , i dont see him edging out moore , newton , young who are all on the edge at the moment , when we particularly need inside clearance winners to put next to wines.

our group of running small/ medium defenders is probably in the top 2 or 3 in the comp to be honest. they are also young and improving.

broadbent , pittard , oshea , impey and colquhoon.

im not saying i wouldnt add josh glenn to that group if he is too much value to pass up at a certain pick.

but i would not jump on him as we are strong in that area , and have certain weaknesses that should be addressed first. unless josh glenn is >>>>>>> above the next guy meh. he is only 179cm , thats fairly small as well , but he seems to have proven he has skills to make an impact , but i have questions when people reckon he could become a good midfielder , i dont see him edging out moore , newton , young who are all on the edge at the moment , when we particularly need inside clearance winners to put next to wines.

Agreed.

Our priority is ruckman, key defender, key forward.

Either by trade or draft.

What happened to Darcy Hourigan

Only managed 12 games this year across the two leagues. Good reserves form, questionable seniors form. He's missed the boat.

Hmm tall kpp defenders as in 195+ that attracts the most interest; sean McLaren 197 91 jacko type who can pinch hit in ruck or Oscar McDonald brother of melbournes tom 196cm 88kg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back