List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Prospects

Who do you want with our first selection in the National draft?

• Peter Wright

Votes: 47 41.6%
  • Patrick McCartin

Votes: 33 29.2%
  • Sam Durdin

Votes: 14 12.4%
  • Other

Votes: 19 16.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My old man rejoices in telling me he kicked 1.14 in a country semi final one year.

Most impressive thing about it was that he kicked 1.11 from CHF by half time and the other three points cam after the break when he was playing CHB.

They lost - his coach was not pleased
:D

That's the best laugh I've had in quite a while.

Hats off to you sir.

From memory future Collingwood full back Peter McCormack (then a gun school boy full forward) kicked 23 goals, 22 behinds against Yarra Valley in an early season match in 1975 for Assumption College. Future Fitzroy player Laurie Serafini kicked 8 from full forward in that same match for Assumption College. It seems that Yarra Valley has not improved a lot over the years.

I think give Tom Lamb a miss....

Saw him play today, against an inferior team I was coaching. He lined up at FF on a kid who has never played an AFL game.

Tom looks a good athlete, moves and jumps well... And was attempting a number of hangers...

But he was unimpressive... He got his hands to about 6 contested marks without clutching one... And was spoilt easily... He never kicked a goal (and his team won by 10 goals) and whilst he wasn't probably giving 100% but he looked to have poor hands and average disposal.

He was caught HTB and was out marked once by our extra defender (183cm)

He looks a good mover... Blessed with natural physical and athletic assets... But far from silky

Like the anti-Siposs

I think give Tom Lamb a miss....

Saw him play today, against an inferior team I was coaching. He lined up at FF on a kid who has never played an AFL game.

Tom looks a good athlete, moves and jumps well... And was attempting a number of hangers...

But he was unimpressive... He got his hands to about 6 contested marks without clutching one... And was spoilt easily... He never kicked a goal (and his team won by 10 goals) and whilst he wasn't probably giving 100% but he looked to have poor hands and average disposal.

He was caught HTB and was out marked once by our extra defender (183cm)

He looks a good mover... Blessed with natural physical and athletic assets... But far from silky

Like the anti-Siposs
Thanks for the write up, BM. Did you see anything about his character, either on or off the field? Being a douche, etc? Or vice versa, being a positive influence on his players, etc? That's been one of the big slights on him.

He looked to enjoy the attention of those around him... A fair bit of head wobble...

He came across as a bit of a lad, definitely a jock .....

On another note
Also Watched Milney's boy in Year 7 have a run around in the Fwd line. I knew Stephey as a boy... And he was a freak... His son, not quite the same level at the same age. He was no donkey, but was just a good run of the mill young player, whereas his dad was two levels above... Both small.
What was disappointing, he took a nice mark forward and was put on an acute angle. He tried a straight fwd drop punt, and missed. Clearly a son of Milney, should have ran around and snapped one across his body through the middle... Eyes closed!

He looked to enjoy the attention of those around him... A fair bit of head wobble...

He came across as a bit of a lad, definitely a jock .....

On another note
Also Watched Milney's boy in Year 7 have a run around in the Fwd line. I knew Stephey as a boy... And he was a freak... His son, not quite the same level at the same age. He was no donkey, but was just a good run of the mill young player, whereas his dad was two levels above... Both small.
What was disappointing, he took a nice mark forward and was put on an acute angle. He tried a straight fwd drop punt, and missed. Clearly a son of Milney, should have ran around and snapped one across his body through the middle... Eyes closed!
And then a fist right up at the opposition cheer squad! :D

Oh, OK, didn't really think about whether he only played down back or not. As far as you're aware, do either of those two play on the wing at all, or have the attributes to be able to do so easily enough, or do they play pretty much exclusively down back and only look suited back there?
DVR has played Wing in TAC of 2013 and now seems to slot Into mid too at times . He is an outside receiver so could do damage working between the arcs . He has gone back and seems very comfortable there but could win more contested ball as a back ,something clubs can work on easily

I don't agree as far as the Archer comparison, mainly because of the basketball factor. Arch was as slow as a wet week on a good day, and worse in the wet - something that has not far been said about Reece... but I take your point.

Have you actually seen McKenzie in the flesh, because you talk as if you have; not a shot at you, but I'm interested to get your impressions if you have.

Only once but I know a few people who work at the Knights. Once again, I wasn't potting McK, I always hope that young kids make a real go of their chosen career, so whether he ends up with us or anyone else hopefully he'll have a long & distinguished career.

Certainly not having a crack at you either Barrels! Was purely just querying what the oppo was like!

Only once but I know a few people who work at the Knights. Once again, I wasn't potting McK, I always hope that young kids make a real go of their chosen career, so whether he ends up with us or anyone else hopefully he'll have a long & distinguished career.

Certainly not having a crack at you either Barrels! Was purely just querying what the oppo was like!
Didn't think you were chief... Should I be worried?! :p

Didn't think you were chief... Should I be worried?! :p

Warren McKenzie was on SEN this morning, talking up your boy Reece. A lot to like about him IMO.

If i remember correctly, there was another Full Forward who dominated in his junior days (playing Seniors as a 16 y.o.), came to AFL as a man-child and promptly kicked 1360 goals...different era, i know.

Warren McKenzie was on SEN this morning, talking up your boy Reece. A lot to like about him IMO.

If i remember correctly, there was another Full Forward who dominated in his junior days (playing Seniors as a 16 y.o.), came to AFL as a man-child and promptly kicked 1360 goals...different era, i know.
You'd expect his old man to do that though I suppose.

Carlton could do with him too...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's been raised in the Suns game thread (and this is going into the other draft thread too) that, if we win both of the next two games, we may end up with Pick #4 rather than one of the first two; if that happens, and we assume that GWS takes Petracca, Melbourne Wright and Brisbane Paddy, who do we want?

Brayshaw or Laverde for me.

I still can't figure out if I want Petracca or McCartin and now you are asking me to pick another player instead. Why must you demand so much from us Barrels? :cry:

I still can't figure out if I want Petracca or McCartin and now you are asking me to pick another player instead. Why must you demand so much from us Barrels? :cry:
Oh put a sock in it :p

Duggan is also a decent shout... So are Pickett, Ahern and De Goey. Durdin, Lever and Goddard are the next best KPPs.

Last edited:
Easy way to skip his posts so you don't gotta decide is put him on ignore. :D

:p

Easy way to skip his posts so you don't gotta decide is put him on ignore. :D

:p
a3a0578eee409a989a1d1ca35eee181b.jpg

It's been raised in the Suns game thread (and this is going into the other draft thread too) that, if we win both of the next two games, we may end up with Pick #4 rather than one of the first two; if that happens, and we assume that GWS takes Petracca, Melbourne Wright and Brisbane Paddy, who do we want?

Brayshaw or Laverde for me.
Pick 4 without Wright or McCartin is a disaster.

Bah - it's all hearsay and I doubt we will win that many games - we are a chance against the doggies again cos of the Lenny factor, (and I hope we do as last week was fantastic to watch).

I can't see us doing this 2 weeks in a row....happy to be proven wrong but one good performance after 11 crappy games doesn't mean we're suddenly gonna end up with pick 4 and win another two games!!

If we do it again this week against GC then I'm happy to eat humble pie......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back