Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stylo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 17, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Knightmare was saying Ahern is class like Edwards and Ellis (the draftee) isn't AFL talent. :p

Yeah that's how I read it! Didn't understand what the fuss was about haha. Was complimenting Ahern, I think.

Damn, I really wanted Weller or Laverde, won't happen now :(

Jan 13, 2005
The Hospital
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Golden State, Daniel Rioli
I think we could use a guy with a huge tank like that.

Isn't his name Brandon Ellis??

Where is Cavka rated? He was very good against WA in the game i saw and would love to have him on a wing opposite Brando and then make Vlas and Lennon follow them around all summer.

Richo83

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
This is what I'd do: Delist Edwards, King, O'Hanlon and Helbig. O'Hanlon is a third tall but he's never going to get a game ahead of Lennon. Helbig is supposed to be an inside midfielder but Miles is much better, ditto Arnot. That leaves at least 3 national draft spots, I'm counting four (although Miles' upgrade may throw up some issues. King is done and so is Edwards. Delist Stephenson and Thomas, they add nothing to the side, are replaceable and should never play,

Assuming there's four something like:

12. Laverde
30. Miller/Cunico
48. Fitzgerald
64. Menadue

Then use two rookie picks to hawk over the expansion sides Miles style. That or Clay McCartney. It's all pace and skill, my reasoning is that there are key forwards and key backmen who could be getting a game (Astbury, Vickery) who aren't, so it makes no sense to add to the KPP pile. There are outside midfielders who are getting a game who shouldn't be (Grigg). The inside midfield setup is decent, and if Richmond wants a third ruck they should search the state leagues or look for any delisted ruckman. It's a risky draft but it could set the side up for an exciting past. And I'm kinda sick of drafting vanilla midfielders, there's a middle ground between vanilla and Tambling, it exists dammit!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 22, 2009
In My House :)
AFL Club
Richmond
God no. Error prone undersized backman who gets beaten like a red headed step child if he plays on anyone good or tall. He's a poor man's Lumumba trying to play as a KPD.
Don't play him as a KPD. Keep him as a backup if Houli, Grimes or Batch go down. Develop him as a Houli type player. Run and carry instead of a Chaplin/Rance.

Richo83

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Don't play him as a KPD. Keep him as a backup if Houli, Grimes or Batch go down. Develop him as a Houli type player. Run and carry instead of a Chaplin/Rance.

Houli is pretty hardy. It's not that hard to find 3rd KPDs in the draft. He also can't play Houli's role because he's not a good kick.

FB: Newman Chaplin Morris
CHB: Houli Rance Grimes

Then you've got guys like Astbury, Batchelor, Dea and others who can fit in. At 28 years of age, it would be a really odd pick. Good 28 year olds don't get delisted from the wooden spooners. That's a massive red flag right there.

copthat

Premiership Player
Jul 6, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Would we rookie Gwilt purely as a back up? Probably too much of a meh player to be rookied. Pretty old, no stand out traits.

Oct 14, 2012
Goldfingers
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Anything involving CROATIA & M.City
Would we rookie Gwilt purely as a back up? Probably too much of a meh player to be rookied. Pretty old, no stand out traits.
LOL im glad someone captured that vision of the ump shitting himself as Dusty screams in his face. Didn't think anyone else noticed that.

Oct 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Heat
Isn't his name Brandon Ellis??

Where is Cavka rated? He was very good against WA in the game i saw and would love to have him on a wing opposite Brando and then make Vlas and Lennon follow them around all summer.
Yes, yes it is. :D

But we've seen what an impact a guy like that can have. Let's get another. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back