List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Discussion Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon it's a pretty good draft. Better if we can get a small forward instead of Webb. There are some good ones in her 3rd round. Anderson and McLean and I reckon Drummond would last till our 4th. Would be a good draft
Aiden Anderson would be a ridiculous bargain in the third round. Reminds me of Robbie Gray.

Drummond will be there in the rookie draft I reckon. Didn't impress me the couple of times I saw him.

If our first pick is not used to get Shiel or Tomlinson, I still favour Laverde if Lever is gone. Garlett and Anderson with our next two and I'll be rapt.

After doing some reading the last 24 hours here is my current wish list for the draft:
11. Lachie Weller 181cm 71kg Midfielder
I can see the reaction from some people as they look at Wellers height and weight and Oh God not back to the skinny midfielders. But as they say don't judge a book by its cover, and Weller is exactly that. Once you get down to looking at what Weller can deliver he just screams out class. He wins disposals lays tackles kick goals has speed and uses the ball superbly. In our midfield he would be a weapon especially with the ball being fed out to him so he could use his speed.

31. Connor Blakely 187cm 81kg Midfielder
Given our desire to play a hard tough contested brand of footy Blakely is a logical choice with our second pick. Blakely has been playing against men already and has shown that he can mix it with them, so would have no trouble stepping up the AFL level IMO. The bonus with Blakely is not only is he strong around the contest but he is also capable when he gets out in space.

48. Aidan Anderson 182cm 83kg Forward
Having addressed the midfield with the first 2 picks it's time to find us a small forward who can create some havoc while zipping around at the feet of Jack and Griffiths. A lot of the talk about Anderson is that he has the marking ability of Jamie Elliott but can also do damage at ground level with his speed. Adding him to the forward set up would really mix things up for us as we'd finally have a small forward that isn't just there for defensive pressure but there to be a goal kicking threat as well.

67. Daniel Neilson 193cm 90kg KPD
Some will look at this pick and think WTF we need midfielders or small forwards/defenders. However when I looked at the list after the delistings the thing that stood out to me is that we don't really have much in the way of a young developing KPD. At the moment Elton is the only one left and even he is a KPF that has been turned into a defender and he has lots to learn. Neilson would give us someone we could develop in the VFL for a couple of years so that when Chaplin moves on we have his replacement already to go.

85. Anthony Miles rookie elevation.

How so? Probably has a B-Grade ceiling but a solid all rounder IMO, just the kind of quality depth our midfield could use.
Untidy player from what I've seen.

Very unlikely to last to our second pick.
No less likely than Anderson getting to our third.

Blakely reminds me of Ward and Sloane in terms of style. Though I never saw them in their draft years so I can't comment on whether he could develop to their level once he makes the AFL.

No less likely than Anderson getting to our third.
In all the phantoms I've read Garlett goes inside the top 25, at the same time Anderson barely features in the late rounds. Who knows how the actual recruiters rate them, but for now that is my wishlist.

In all the phantoms I've read Garlett goes inside the top 25, at the same time Anderson barely features in the late rounds. Who knows how the actual recruiters rate them, but for now that is my wishlist.
So you masturbate over things other people write, while I do it over what I've seen.

You're like a woman reading 50 Shades of Grey, and I'm tossing to the girls from the gym.

So you masturbate over things other people write, while I do it over what I've seen.

You're like a woman reading 50 Shades of Grey, and I'm tossing to the girls from the gym.
Sorry didn't know it was a competition and that only certain people were allowed to have an opinion. Please oh wise master continue to share your wisdom with us. :rolleyes:

While I may base my opinion of what others write I've seen over the years that invariably the players that I take a shine to based on what I read end up in the system. Unlike some I don't just base my opinion on reading 1-2 phantoms, I read everything I can about the kids so that I get as much information as possible before I form a firm opinion on the kids.

TAC Cup Future Stars draft
1. Christian Petracca - St. Kilda
2. Angus Brayshaw - Melbourne
3. Peter Wright - GWS
4. Patrick McCartin - Brisbane
5. Jake Lever - Bulldogs
6. Jayden Laverde - Carlton
7. Paul Ahern - Gold Coast
8. Darcy Moore - Collingwood F/S
9. Sam Durdin - Adelaide
10. Jarrod Pickett - WCE
11. Liam Duggan - Richmond
12. Kyle Langford - Fremantle
13. Caleb Marchbank - Geelong
14. Lachie Weller - Gold Coast
15. Ed Vickers-Willis - North
16. Hugh Goddard - Port
17. Tom Lamb - Hawthorn
18. Issac Heeney - Sydney
19. Clem Smith - Essendon
20. Corey Ellis - GWS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TAC Cup Future Stars draft
1. Christian Petracca - St. Kilda
2. Angus Brayshaw - Melbourne
3. Peter Wright - GWS
4. Patrick McCartin - Brisbane
5. Jake Lever - Bulldogs
6. Jayden Laverde - Carlton
7. Paul Ahern - Gold Coast
8. Darcy Moore - Collingwood F/S
9. Sam Durdin - Adelaide
10. Jarrod Pickett - WCE
11. Liam Duggan - Richmond
12. Kyle Langford - Fremantle
13. Caleb Marchbank - Geelong
14. Lachie Weller - Gold Coast
15. Ed Vickers-Willis - North
16. Hugh Goddard - Port
17. Tom Lamb - Hawthorn
18. Issac Heeney - Sydney
19. Clem Smith - Essendon
20. Corey Ellis - GWS
Was just about to post this. Still some quality in the 2nd round.

Was just about to post this. Still some quality in the 2nd round.
Had Duggan down around the early second round, but with him getting to us on that phantom, I'm torn between him and Weller at our pick. Both give us the speed that we're looking for but with Duggan being a bit bigger size wise I'd rather him if he is rated that highly. Would be ideal starting off on a HBF opposite Houli to start and then moving into the midfield in a year or 2.

Had Duggan down around the early second round, but with him getting to us on that phantom, I'm torn between him and Weller at our pick. Both give us the speed that we're looking for but with Duggan being a bit bigger size wise I'd rather him if he is rated that highly. Would be ideal starting off on a HBF opposite Houli to start and then moving into the midfield in a year or 2.
I prefer Weller but wouldn't be disappointed. Duggan can play.

I prefer Weller but wouldn't be disappointed. Duggan can play.
Agree both can play, but for mine I want the kid who is more solidly built rather than a skinny 71kg. Granted Weller has shown that he can play against men, but AFL is a different level to playing NEAFL seniors and I'm just concerned that with us he'd take too long to develop the size he would need to be to become a weapon at AFL.

Sorry didn't know it was a competition and that only certain people were allowed to have an opinion. Please oh wise master continue to share your wisdom with us. :rolleyes:

While I may base my opinion of what others write I've seen over the years that invariably the players that I take a shine to based on what I read end up in the system. Unlike some I don't just base my opinion on reading 1-2 phantoms, I read everything I can about the kids so that I get as much information as possible before I form a firm opinion on the kids.
Calm down.

Still makes you both wankkers.....

:cool:
What he said.

After doing some reading the last 24 hours here is my current wish list for the draft:
11. Lachie Weller 181cm 71kg Midfielder
I can see the reaction from some people as they look at Wellers height and weight and Oh God not back to the skinny midfielders. But as they say don't judge a book by its cover, and Weller is exactly that. Once you get down to looking at what Weller can deliver he just screams out class. He wins disposals lays tackles kick goals has speed and uses the ball superbly. In our midfield he would be a weapon especially with the ball being fed out to him so he could use his speed.

31. Connor Blakely 187cm 81kg Midfielder
Given our desire to play a hard tough contested brand of footy Blakely is a logical choice with our second pick. Blakely has been playing against men already and has shown that he can mix it with them, so would have no trouble stepping up the AFL level IMO. The bonus with Blakely is not only is he strong around the contest but he is also capable when he gets out in space.

48. Aidan Anderson 182cm 83kg Forward
Having addressed the midfield with the first 2 picks it's time to find us a small forward who can create some havoc while zipping around at the feet of Jack and Griffiths. A lot of the talk about Anderson is that he has the marking ability of Jamie Elliott but can also do damage at ground level with his speed. Adding him to the forward set up would really mix things up for us as we'd finally have a small forward that isn't just there for defensive pressure but there to be a goal kicking threat as well.

67. Daniel Neilson 193cm 90kg KPD
Some will look at this pick and think WTF we need midfielders or small forwards/defenders. However when I looked at the list after the delistings the thing that stood out to me is that we don't really have much in the way of a young developing KPD. At the moment Elton is the only one left and even he is a KPF that has been turned into a defender and he has lots to learn. Neilson would give us someone we could develop in the VFL for a couple of years so that when Chaplin moves on we have his replacement already to go.

85. Anthony Miles rookie elevation.
I like it apart from Nielsen. Whenever I've seen him he hasn't really provided any rebound. I think if we go tall we need someone who can actually play offensively. We have Astbury to play that big shut down role. Elton developing into a similar type. Batchelor and Grimes also don't provide much offensively and neither does Morris.

Agree both can play, but for mine I want the kid who is more solidly built rather than a skinny 71kg. Granted Weller has shown that he can play against men, but AFL is a different level to playing NEAFL seniors and I'm just concerned that with us he'd take too long to develop the size he would need to be to become a weapon at AFL.
I'd be shocked if he weighs in at 71kg come combine. He really doesn't look that small.

Would anybody like Tom Lamb with our 2nd selection, Think he might just slide slightly to make it to #30-#32
I like it apart from Nielsen. Whenever I've seen him he hasn't really provided any rebound. I think if we go tall we need someone who can actually play offensively. We have Astbury to play that big shut down role. Elton developing into a similar type. Batchelor and Grimes also don't provide much offensively and neither does Morris.
Batchelor,Grimes,Dea

We will need to trade 1 out, 3 players playing the same role but after 3-4 years none have really made it their own in grimes case due to injury Batchelor stalled and Dea never started

Hoping Dea is the one traded but Grimes probably the player that has most currency

Would anybody like Tom Lamb with our 2nd selection, Think he might just slide slightly to make it to #30-#32

Batchelor,Grimes,Dea

We will need to trade 1 out, 3 players playing the same role but after 3-4 years none have really made it their own in grimes case due to injury Batchelor stalled and Dea never started

Hoping Dea is the one traded but Grimes probably the player that has most currency
I'd go Batch. We need Grimes with his speed he can play small. Dea would fetch nothing. Batch having played best 22 during the winning streak might attract some interest.

When I was going through the lists there wasn't really one around, so I went with the kid that comes across as the best option. I'm not even sure we'll go down that path as it would appear we're quite comfortable with our KPP mix at the moment. With 4 live picks available at the moment I wouldn't be surprised to see us load up on midfield/flanker/pockets types to being in that injection of speed that we all believe we need.

I'd be shocked if he weighs in at 71kg come combine. He really doesn't look that small.
At first I thought it was a misprint and they meant to write 81kg, but then it kept appearing in the write ups. Even now on the AFL site they list him as 71kg. If he has packed on some weight come combine he'd probably jump back ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back