List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Discussion Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

runs a 16.8 beep test too. Would love him on a wing opposite Ellis, but probably pushing himself into late first, early 2nd round contention with these efforts. Hawks i reckon will swoop as they are building a super fit side with Hill, Hartung and Smith all have phenomenal beep tests as well.

stupid Freo. Looks like Melbourne will be getting pick 3 for Frawley.

AFL needs to scrap compo, even if we end up getting screwed over by it at some point.

If the dees get pick 3 for that spud i will spew

On this years form Frawley would only be worth a late 2nd round pick.
No way has his form this year been worth #3.
It is Melbourne so who ever they pick will most likely end up being a spud.

On this years form Frawley would only be worth a late 2nd round pick.
No way has his form this year been worth #3.
It is Melbourne so who ever they pick will most likely end up being a spud.
it goes on contract size etc instead of form, i agree with above, scrap the compo as a spot on the list & cap space is compo enough, over a 5-10 year period it will even itself out

it goes on contract size etc instead of form, i agree with above, scrap the compo as a spot on the list & cap space is compo enough, over a 5-10 year period it will even itself out

can't because compo has already started. Same argument is keep it because over time it will even itself out!

Last edited:

runs a 16.8 beep test too. Would love him on a wing opposite Ellis, but probably pushing himself into late first, early 2nd round contention with these efforts. Hawks i reckon will swoop as they are building a super fit side with Hill, Hartung and Smith all have phenomenal beep tests as well.

Is he left footed?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trengrove is the only one id be happy with, just for his pace. Trading for players from melbourne is playing with fire though...very risky. Richmond can't afford to make any more mistakes with draft and trade period.

Thought I'd give the Champs stats for a few guys that might be on the radar for later picks:

Second round pick:
Jarrod Garlett 177cm 72kg Utility South Fremantle/WA
3 games Averages 15 disposals (11k/4hb) 1 goal 3 marks 2 tackles 68.18% DE

Connor Menadue 188cm 69kg Midfielder/Forward Western Jets/Vic Metro
3 games Averages 9 disposals (5k/4hb) 4 marks 5 tackles 82.14% DE

Tom Lamb 192cm 83kg Midfielder/Forward Dandenong Stingrays/Vic Country
5 games Averages 15 disposals (9k/6hb) 1 goal 3 marks 1 tackle 1 clearance 56.76% DE

Harrison Wigg 179cm 74kg Small Defender/Midfielder North Adelaide/SA
6 games Averages 19 disposals (13k/6hb) 3 marks 2 tackles 1 clearance 79.28% DE

Touk Miller 177cm 80kg Midfielder Calder Cannons/Vic Metro
4 games Averages 17 disposals (8k/9hb) 1 goal 2 marks 4 tackles 4 clearances 77.94% DE

Connor Blakely 187cm 81kg Midfielder Swan Districts/WA
4 games Averages 21 disposals (10k/11hb) 3 marks 6 tackles 7 clearances 78.57% DE

Josh Glenn 179cm 78kg Defender/Midfielder Central Districts
Didn't play rep footy this year but averaged 22 disposals a game in the SANFL winning the Rising Star award along the way.

Dillon Viojo-Rainbow 185cm 80kg Defender/Midfielder Western Jets/Vic Metro
5 games Averages 12 disposals (9k/3hb) 5 marks 1 tackle 1 clearance 73.02% DE

Clem Smith 177cm 74kg Utility Perth/WA
6 games Averages 17 disposals (11k/6hb) 3 marks 2 tackles 2 clearances 61.76% DE

Third Round:
Damian Cavka 184cm 79kg Midfielder Calder Cannons/Vic Metro
4 games Averages 17 disposals (11k/6hb) 1 goal 5 marks 7 tackles 3 clearances 70% DE

Nathan Drummond 181cm 85kg Utility Murray Bushrangers/Vic Country
2 games Averages 15 disposals (9k/6hb) 1 goal 4 marks 5 tackles 2 clearances 52%DE

Toby McLean 179cm 70kg Small Forward Oakleigh Chargers
No representitive football stats

Daniel Capiron 189cm 80kg Dandenong Stingrays/Vic Country
6 games Averages 17 disposals (9k/8hb) 5 marks 1 tackle 1 clearance 81.44% DE

Aidan Anderson 182cm 83kg Swan Districts/WA
5 games Averages 10 disposals (7k/3hb) 1 goal 4 marks 3 tackles 55.77% DE

Daniel Neilson 193cm 90kg KPD Eastern Ranges/Vic Metro
4 games Averages 8 disposals (4k/4hb) 1 mark 2 tackles 1 clearance 62.07% DE

Fourth Round:
Ryan Lim 186cm 75kg Defender Claremont/WA
5 games Averages 17 disposals (7k/10hb) 3 marks 3 tackles 1 clearance 75.86%DE

Keenan Ramsey 193cm 86kg KPD Port Adelaide/SA
6 games Averages 10 disposals (6k/4hb) 3 marks 3 tackles 72.41% DE

Tom Wilkinson 182cm 78kg Midfielder Sandringham Dragons/Vic Metro
2 games Averages 21 disposals (12k/9hb) 1 goal 4 marks 2 tackles 1 clearance 50% DE

Taylor Grace 184cm 77kg Utility Sandringham Dragons
No Rep Footy: Averages 32.6 disposals 6.6 marks & 3.8 tackles in TAC Cup as an overaged player.

Jason Castagna 182cm 86kg Defender/Midfielder Northern Knights/Vic Metro
5 games Averages 14 disposals (7k/7hb) 3 marks 1 tackle 75.71% DE

Lucas Webb 186cm 83kg Midfielder Gippsland Power/Vic Country
5 games Averages 15 disposals (8k/7hb) 2 goals 3 marks 1 tackle 2 clearances 72.37% DE

Declan Hamilton 183cm 68kg Forward/Midfielder Port Adelaide/SA
6 games Averages 17 disposals (7k/10hb) 3 marks 2 tackles 2 clearances 76.04% DE

Daniel Butler 181cm 79kg Midfielder North Ballarat Rebels/Vic Country
6 games Averages 12 disposals (7k/5hb) 1 goal 2 marks 4 tackles 1 clearance 67.61% DE

Hope these names help a few people with working out who might be available at our picks. I have no inside info that any of these guys are on our radar so please don't read too much into who I've mentioned, just feel free to use it if you want to read up about the players.

Last edited:
This is totally biased but I'd love to see us get Toby McLean.

Know him personally and he is a great kid.

Watched his Grand Final last year in Under 17's and he dominated. Just popped up with goals all the time. was basically impossible to tag.

Has had a brilliant last half of the year for the chargers, think he was averaging around the 25-30 disposal mark, and around 2 goals a game roughly. Finished top 5 in the TAC league goal kickers as a small forward. great goal sense, and loves to take a screamer (as im sure most would of seen his video doing the rounds on social media)

He is very fit and has good speed and agility. Not that cricket is in any way a great comparison to footy, but he was the wicket keeper in our cricket side and he was always quick enough on his feet to cover the normal keeping spot, but he also covered virtually 1st slip and the left side of 2nd slip with his agility. so our first slip stood at 2nd basically.

anyway, could be the small pacy forward we are looking forward. Jamie Elliot like.

This is totally biased but I'd love to see us get Toby McLean.

Know him personally and he is a great kid.

Watched his Grand Final last year in Under 17's and he dominated. Just popped up with goals all the time. was basically impossible to tag.

Has had a brilliant last half of the year for the chargers, think he was averaging around the 25-30 disposal mark, and around 2 goals a game roughly. Finished top 5 in the TAC league goal kickers as a small forward. great goal sense, and loves to take a screamer (as im sure most would of seen his video doing the rounds on social media)

He is very fit and has good speed and agility. Not that cricket is in any way a great comparison to footy, but he was the wicket keeper in our cricket side and he was always quick enough on his feet to cover the normal keeping spot, but he also covered virtually 1st slip and the left side of 2nd slip with his agility. so our first slip stood at 2nd basically.

anyway, could be the small pacy forward we are looking forward. Jamie Elliot like.

I mentioned him in another post. I know nothing about him except reading a phantom commentary.

Some here are banging on about us needing to get a small forward which I do not agree with.

But I always agree with getting best available particularly if good enough ticking various boxes etc.., After reading the commentary he could be best available at one of our picks. So on that basis alone he could be best available to pick up, but as I said I know nothing about him but I hope he is good because if so he could be a good get for the Tigers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back