List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Discussion Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nobody puts Mr Magic in a corner.

nobody-puts-baby-in-a-corner.jpg

Have had Magic on the ignore list since this time last year and my god what a great decision it has been. Sadly whenever I use my phone to access BF I am bombarded with his dribble.

Glad its worked out. I have at least a dozen or so on my list. Quite a few for years! Every now and then I feel inclined to bring the odd one back.

You have not been put on my ignore list but it has seemed to have worked out so that's great!

I think the ignore facility works well though.

I guess I could just assume they are talking about Magic and move on.
That's what I do. Those who constantly respond are putting their names forward as well, as the circular arguments are tedious and add nothing to the forum. Comes a point when you conclude that people continually bashing their heads against a brick wall are not worth listening to either.

I dunno about the whole indigenous thing, but I think my faith in FJ copped a bit of a blow with the Conca selection. I just could never see in him what caused FJ to fall head over heels.

I know there are a lot of fans that do see the goods in Conca, but I reckon that selection may be playing a role in the safe v talent concept. A bit of a polarising pick. What do you think?

I'd like to see a bit more obvious talent in our side, and I'd like to see some indigenous dazzlement as well, but you should always take the best player available. Well, almost always.

Please note that I do like some of our more trustworthy, solid types (see Vlaustin).

Hawks have
Jed Anderson, Cyril Rioli , Shaun Burgoyne , Bradley Hill , Derick Wanganeen on their list and all these boys are doing extremely well

Swans have
Franklin , Jetta , Goodes also 2 are Chamions/Legends and Jetta whilst disappointing yesterday is a very very good footballer not to mention players like O'Loughlan who has contributed to the culture of the swans and is becoming a very respected coach

Whilst you are always going to have your Troy Taylor's occasionally But you Cant go missing out on players like Franklin,Rioli,Goodes etc because they are from west of broome or have 2 parents that are Indigenous

If they can play football and the Psyc.Character test goes well - You take them
But if you recruit players like JON and dont know if they can read until 4 years after you recruit them - What does that tell you about our recruiting
(Francis Jackson started at Richmond in 2005, JON was recruited in his 1st year and was at the club during JON time)
That story about us not understanding JON had learning or reading difficulties was shown as a load of bollox. The flea certainly stated we were aware of his issue and had personnel tutoring to help him.

You can also add clayton collard and Cam Petersen. But thats not the point your blaming FJ for something that no.1 is not coming from him and 2 its a chance of circumstances. If we had the picks i doubt we would have ignored Rioli, Yarran, Bennell, Martin ect...
Every recruiter rates players roughly around each round of the draft. So if we didn't pick a player at a certainly round, does it mean we don't rate the player, or don't rate him at the pick we had? Either way none of us, unless we are in the conversation truly know for sure and imo we are are just making wild accusations without foundation.

FJ makes the call based on the conditions set out by Dimma and Blair. They don't rate pace very highly, I disagree with that assumption personally but they are the guys setting the conditions for FJ to pick in.

You can't say why didn't we pick S.Hill or Jetta or Rioli or Bennell or whoever and not consider where our pick was and who we took. Simple put the players you want are not their at our pick or we are reaching for them. There are two players since 08 where we went wrong with the traits you (and me too) want. Brad Hill and Stephen Motlop.

But complaining about not spending high end picks on them is like whinging why didn't we get Dom Tyson last year. If you don't have the picks you cannot always make it happen the way you want.
I think we love pace but it cant be the only skill set you have. I still think we need the pace but also another contested beast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How can you pass on such a player like Heppell, Everybody on this site, All the commentators were all shocked when it happened
The rumour went around a few days before but none of us wanted it to be true - Then Bang it happened

How good would Heppell be in our side now .....................But FJ didnt rate him

Sorry mate, I thought it was relevant to the discussion re perception of FJ's recruiting philosophies and talent eye. I normally just read, but thought I'd add a different perspective. I'll go back to reading if that's the attitude.
I wasn't responding to your post but you're not reading too well if you thought questioning the Conca selection was adding a different perspective.

I agree with that. Don't think Garlett makes our 2nd pick but Clem Smith might. Hopefully Cockatoo didn't increase his draft stocks too much on the weekend.
ATM - MY Wish list
1st pick -Laverde,Ahern,Pickett,Weller,Duggan
2nd pick- Garlett,Steele,Cockatoo, Menadue (need to bid for steele)
3rd pick - keitel,DVR,Cavka

I wasn't responding to your post but you're not reading too well if you thought questioning the Conca selection was adding a different perspective.

Fair enough about not responding to mine, thought that you were. Re different perspective, I meant to the current discussion, which was about the perception of FJ being risk averse and anti-indigenous amongst Tiger supporters. I'm a Tiger supporter, and I feel that the Conca scenario plays a part in the overall lack of faith in him, as well as the perception of him being somewhat of a coward. Whatever the issue, it's late, and none of this matters, so I'm off to bed.

Stay savoury.

ATM - MY Wish list
1st pick -Laverde,Ahern,Pickett,Weller,Duggan
2nd pick- Garlett,Steele,Cockatoo, Menadue (need to bid for steele)
3rd pick - keitel,DVR,Cavka
One thing that gives me hope that we will consider Cockatoo is that whilst he is quick which has been a turn off to Dimma he is a very good ball winner which he loves. Maybe, just maybe he might be the injection of speed we need.

One thing that gives me hope that we will consider Cockatoo is that whilst he is quick which has been a turn off to Dimma he is a very good ball winner which he loves. Maybe, just maybe he might be the injection of speed we need.
Also he has very good skills which was supposed to be the mantra when dimma first got appointed, I like his speed,skill,size and mostly his ability to read the play.

What do you think of Jack Steele Tigs, I would love the tigers to really see if we can get him
also which players are you hoping to fall to our picks atm

I would put Mr Magic on my ignore list, except the amount of people that reply to him means there are pages of random posts with no quotes in them like "Wtf are you talking about?" and "What are you smoking?".

I guess I could just assume they are talking about Magic and move on.
He's on my ignore list. You can see that he's posted and there is a "Show Content" button if you ever want to go back and see what people are referring to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back