List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Watch Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Terry Wallace phantom draft on the TAC future stars TV show.

20- GWS -Corey Ellis
19- Essendon -Clem Smith
18- Sydney - Isaac Heeney
17- Hawthorn - Tom Lamb
16- Port Adelaide -Hugh Goddard
15- North Melbourne -Ed Vickers-Willis
14- GOLD COAST SUNS - LACHIE WELLER
13- Geelong - Caleb Marchbank
12- Fremantle - Kyle Langford
11- Richmond - Liam Duggan
10- West Coast - Jarrod Pickett
9- Adelaide - Sam Durdin
8- Collingwood - Darcy Moore
7- GOLD COAST SUNS - Paul Ahern
6- Carlton - Jayden Laverde
5- western bulldogs - jake lever
4- Brisbane - Patrick McCartin
3- GWS - Peter wright <-- doubtful the GWS need another 2m full forward
2- Melbourne Angus Brayshaw
1 - St Kilda - Christian Petracca

Last edited:

Not real keen on getting both Ahern and Weller. I want someone a bit more dynamic with our first pick. Not real keen on a flakey outside player like Ahern albeit him being very good.

Did anyone listen to the draft podcast with Lachie Weller about a month ago (I think)?

In all honesty it did not sound like he was that bothered about coming to us when asked whether he would prefer to. I have a gut feeling he may not be keen on us after we dumped Mav. Pure speculation going off a hunch but if true we may be well served to pass on him.

Did anyone listen to the draft podcast with Lachie Weller about a month ago (I think)?

In all honesty it did not sound like he was that bothered about coming to us when asked whether he would prefer to. I have a gut feeling he may not be keen on us after we dumped Mav. Pure speculation going off a hunch but if true we may be well served to pass on him.
I always had that in the back of my mind when considering Lachie. I wonder if it'll have that much of an impact on whether GC drafts him.

Surely he'd be telling other clubs' recruiters that, too? If that were the case, that is.

We shouldnt listen to draftees who try to manipulate clubs into not picking them. Pavlich made it quite clear to Fremantle that he didnt want to be drafted by us, so he retaliates by playing 300+ games for us. Likewise Wingard told GWS he didnt want to go there, and they're probably kicking themselves that they got scared off by him. Once they're in that club environment they're attitudes will change, or at least we have to trust that the staff and other players will change their attitudes. If they still want to walk, then at least we can demand good compensation for them in a trade.

TJB
Not sure Lachie is quite ready for the Suns yet - He won't walk into your senior side and he did not set the world on fire with his form for Southport in the NEAFL or against his peers at the Nationals this year - With his perceived non bothered attitude above, he might be thinking it would be better to get picked up by club that can improve him, rather than based on this years performance, a club who will stick him in a side and competition that the ressies looked outclassed in, week in and week out.

I know that one of the 3 finalists on the show The Recruit had been trying to play with your ressies each week toward the latter part of the season - I don't think the club's answer is there either, Rugby players and reality TV Show - Show Pony's are far from stiffening up your senior list. Football players win flags not first time circus performers.

I'd be very keen to see Johann Wagner up here on the Coast to be honest - he's The Recruit's best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gorringe to Adelaide & our picks 15, 44 in exchange for their picks 9 & 29. Would leave us with 7,9,27,29 and help stagger the age bracket going forward too.
I would rather get more senior players between 24-29 then draft more young players, the only way we should trade Gorringe if it's for another mature age player.

I would rather get more senior players between 24-29 then draft more young players, the only way we should trade Gorringe if it's for another mature age player.
That's what free agency is for or the pre season draft. You can never have enough elite young talent coming through the door.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back