List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Watch Thread

TheJaegerBomb

Cancelled
Aug 22, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco Lions, GS Warriors
I can't really criticise Christensen cos I wanted him but the whole trio. Jee wiz.

Experimental

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Definitely. Where do you draw the line though?
Personally, off-field antics don't bother me too much. In fact, not much bothers me when it comes to a player except for on-field performance. I know that it impacts on club culture pretty heavily when you've got someone with poor history on your side, but it doesn't concern me all that much.

BUT, having seen what sort of fans we have on the Suns facebook page, it's pretty obvious that even the slightest off-field issues would give those campaigners a burst aneurysm. And it's hard to grow a fanbase when they're cracking the shits haha.

everythings coming up brisbane!
r701816_5389838.jpg

for once it's not the water

stuyd1

Premiership Player
Jul 9, 2011
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
yes, Beams in particular will be a huge gain for the Lions, and Christenen will also add to their midfield, Don't forget Rich returns as well. So the traditional Q clash should be great games,

Experimental

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
yes, Beams in particular will be a huge gain for the Lions, and Christenen will also add to their midfield, Don't forget Rich returns as well. So the traditional Q clash should be great games,
Last game was the highest attendance of all @ 27k, and that was with the Suns doing okay at the bottom of the 8, and the Lions doing pretty poorly. With both teams having great lineups and hopefully doing well for themselves in the rounds prior to QClash, it'll easily break 30k pending the weather at the Gabba.

As for Metricon, it'd hopefully sell out, but would realistically pull 22k minimum.

QClash is seriously my highlight for next year.

thurls64

Premiership Player
Sep 17, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
you can't help but think maybe Leppa can turn them into a disciplined unit and corral the off field stuff. The odds are though he wont be able to keep the genie in the bottle and they become a liability

TheJaegerBomb

Cancelled
Aug 22, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Wouldn't be adverse to picking up Hugh Goddard if he slips to our pick 15. He can play forward or back. Looks good as a backman. Extrovert personality with good leadership skills. Can never have enough of that and he could be really good for the morale of our NEAFL team in his first couple years while he develops.

TheJaegerBomb

Cancelled
Aug 22, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
If he's not getting a gig at St Kilda then I shouldn't have to answer that.

stuyd1

Premiership Player
Jul 9, 2011
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
come on we know that sometimes, not always, a new club and coach can give a mature player new life
Jones played the majority of his AFL as a tagger. That's about it. Hes now 30 years of age and cant keep up the tagging role.His skills are subordinate at AFL level, thus theres no way a club is going to want him. ( as proven in the recently completed free agency draft) Time for Jones to move on to suburban or country footy comps.

thurls64

Premiership Player
Sep 17, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Jones played the majority of his AFL as a tagger. That's about it. Hes now 30 years of age and cant keep up the tagging role.His skills are subordinate at AFL level, thus theres no way a club is going to want him. ( as proven in the recently completed free agency draft) Time for Jones to move on to suburban or country footy comps.
fair enough

stuyd1

Premiership Player
Jul 9, 2011
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
fair enough

Jones would be a handy pick up for our ressies side,,,, his experience would be invaluable at this level and still leave the door open for him to play seniors if he is performing very well and we have a lot of injuries to senior level players.But that's about the only way he would get a run in the seniors.

Back