List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Watch Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi guys -

The Sandringham Dragons were kind enough to allow my Youtube show - Beyond the Boundary - to interview highly rated inside midfielder and potential top-10 draft pick Angus Brayshaw this week.

We spoke to Angus about the challenges and pressure of being a highly rated youngster, his future goals both in and outside of football, his strengths and weaknesses as a player, and much more.

It's a great watch - I'd love for you to check it out!

Awesome mate you guys are working hard well done. Reaping the rewards :)

Also says Darcy Trask was in the best. Believe he is a 190+cm 18 year old who has played a few games for the suns reserves. Potential academy pickup?

Don't forget guys, live today on Foxfooty, Under 18's championships.

3pm QLD v NSW/ACT, 5pm WA v Vic Country

Lots of draft prospects running around including Lachie Weller.

Ben Keays outperformed Weller in the 1st half. Kid looks good. Morningside lad.

Hammelman as a KPF moving well. Tall lanky bugger, but nice grab overhead.

Ben Keays outperformed Weller in the 1st half. Kid looks good. Morningside lad.

Hammelman as a KPF moving well. Tall lanky bugger, but nice grab overhead.

Ha! Think both these guys are Lions academy players! That sux nuts...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also says Darcy Trask was in the best. Believe he is a 190+cm 18 year old who has played a few games for the suns reserves. Potential academy pickup?

I've been banging on about Darcy for the past two seasons....good to see his stocks rising too....

First time I've seen Weller play I can definitely see why people are excited. Kid has a beautiful kick on him and that leap and mark Suns mentioned earlier was a beauty. He is a genuine goal kicking midfielder.

I wonder if he sees himself as a "Queenslander" now that he and the parentals are living on the Goldy, or whether he would rather be in Melbourne closer to the brother?

Looking at picks 10 and 16 at the moment.. With pick 16 linked to geelongs finishing position.
Damn geelong playing so well at the moments spoiling our draft party!!
A standered 2nd round pick
And we have a round 3 after collingwoods pick.. But who cares only fringe players back that late
Let's prey geelong lose the first game of finals n finish 6-8th so we'd get 2 picks between 8-12

Anyone know much about PBC lad Brad Scheer? Won the Maclean Medal as Best Player in the U16s Div2. Sounds like a gun and is in the Suns Academy apparently. Kicked 5 goals on debut for PBC seniors. A midfielder/fwd from what I can gather.

Looking at picks 10 and 16 at the moment.. With pick 16 linked to geelongs finishing position.
Damn geelong playing so well at the moments spoiling our draft party!!
A standered 2nd round pick
And we have a round 3 after collingwoods pick.. But who cares only fringe players back that late
Let's prey geelong lose the first game of finals n finish 6-8th so we'd get 2 picks between 8-12

I think your about right with the 10 and 16, I would prefer that we try and bundle the 2 of them to try and get a pick 7-8, I think a few clubs would be interested in a couple of first round picks (Saints, Dogs, West Coast etc).

Alternatively look at trading 16 along with Hall, Gorringe or Hutchins (guys that have some trade value) for a top 10 pick

Cant really be trading 2 picks for 1 in the top 20.. Were needing foot soldiers... Were very light on in the 2nds...
Hope clayton has a special plan for this yrs draft
Wouldnt mind trading 16 n a player like u said to get inside the 10

Wont mean any less players it just stops us having to delist 1 of the 4 we need to at the end of the year

This has been posted on our board, and it's more of an 'outside the box' idea ...

Given that you need to downsize your list, do you think you guys would be keen on the idea of Swapping Picks #10 and #16 (for arguments sake) for our Pick #6?

Get's you close to an elite talent at the pointy end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back