Status
Not open for further replies.

MileHigh

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
I am interested to start this thread for one big reason - its a huge key position draft. Having a quick look at Knightmares Phantom draft hes got 6 KPP's going at the start of the draft. The only blemish being Waterman as a F/S selection. I know its early times but I dont think we have ever seen a draft shape up like this. Off the top of my head you have the 2000 Riewoldt/Kochitszke draft, but i dont know if we have ever seen potentially 6 KPPs going in the top 10 (to be conservative on Knightmares early predictions).

Really two things here - either we end up having a season that sees us in the bottom half a dozen sides and we pick up one of these players, or surely there may be some sliders due to the fact teams like GWS has too many KPPs and some of them make it to us. The other thing to consider is that GWS may be willing to talk trades and upgrade their current KPPs by moving someone on to pick up someone in this draft.

I think we can talk about this now as we are in a very good position at the end of this year to find that one player that we have been waiting for (less face it, since Fev) that really balances our side out by giving us another option up forward. Waites gone soon and we cant get half a season out of him. Henderson needs help and we arent sure whats going to happen with Casboult, but at the moment us a 3rd option and depth at best and needs more time.

Sticks came out and said it, that people ask him where are our KPP are and he said they have all gone to GWS and GCS. he didnt shy away from it, we need one. This really is the draft where it seems inevitable we will finally get one.

Yes it's tragic , but a very obvious and desperate teamrequirement
Durdin & MacMartin or Lamb would be amazing acquisitions and whilst we're at it a skilled inside or outside midfielder too
Hopefully all selections are able to kick a ball , skillful with very good endurance.
Ciao

Last edited:
Interesting that Knightmare has us taking midfielders with our first 2 picks. I thought we did not have any KPP!!o_O
Brayshaw reads like a future champion, so would not be dissatisfied with that selection but would be looking to use whatever we have to prise a KPP off GWS or GC.

Yes it's tragic , but a very obvious and desperate teamrequirement
Durdin & MacMartin or Lamb would be amazing acquisitions and whilst we're at it a skilled inside or outside midfielder too
Hopefully all selections are able to kick a ball , skillful with very good endurance.
Ciao
Just like that 2006 super draft and our 2010 talls who were rated by BF's "experts"...

Hate blanket pronouncements based on what unproven scouts and journalists post.

Group think lives here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see us finishing bottom 6, so we let Gibbs leave and take two of them. Harsh on Bryce but we need to look to the future and players like him can be taken around pick 20-30, even 40s. KPF not so much.

I see us finishing bottom 6, so we let Gibbs leave and take two of them. Harsh on Bryce but we need to look to the future and players like him can be taken around pick 20-30, even 40s. KPF not so much.
You're really underestimating how important a good midfield is. Gibbs needs more quality around him...we have to build around he, Daisy and Capitano Murph for the next 5 or so years.

You're really underestimating how important a good midfield is. Gibbs needs more quality around him...we have to build around he, Daisy and Capitano Murph for the next 5 or so years.

I know a lot can change in such a short space, but I just don't see any of them playing in our next flag, especially with GC and GWS starting to hit their prime in the next 3 or so years.

I think Crippsy, Menz, Graham, Docherty etc. are the guys we need to start talking about. Murph is 27 in July!!! Can we really see him in a premiership side within 4-5 years. I'm not so sure.

Last edited:
There was a bit of concern about the go-home factor at the time from memory. Disappointing for the Giants as it cuts their potential AA stars to 15.:(

If they were worried about go home factor they couldnt have drafted anyone.

Well 3/4 of their list are Vics, so I think they backed their system in to retain a high percentage of them. I think Wingard was classed as a 'flight risk' though.

I can't see Western Sydney paying off for the AFL in terms of keeping the non-western Sydney kids.

I imagine they wouldn't live on that side of town anyway.

I can't see Western Sydney paying off for the AFL in terms of keeping the non-western Sydney kids.

I imagine they wouldn't live on that side of town anyway.

I think the AFL will have created its own Frankenstein, if GWS and GC continue to gain contract renewal signatures en masse. Heck I don't live in Sydney, but if I did I'd show up a few times a year to see the progression of their side. For an organisation that spent so much time raising the 'equality' banner, the game will soon be steeped in ridiculous inequality. Crazy

I think the AFL will have created its own Frankenstein, if GWS and GC continue to gain contract renewal signatures en masse. Heck I don't live in Sydney, but if I did I'd show up a few times a year to see the progression of their side. For an organisation that spent so much time raising the 'equality' banner, the game will soon be steeped in ridiculous inequality. Crazy

I imagine GC will have better luck retaining its stars than GWS.

Well 3/4 of their list are Vics, so I think they backed their system in to retain a high percentage of them. I think Wingard was classed as a 'flight risk' though.
Did they ask him to surrender his passport?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back