Opinion 2014 Draft ( Live discussion ) Mod notice post #6629

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should only be looking at mids with our first two picks, then Saad then whoever they want. Our KPP are solid, outside mids, well we don't have any.

Would you rate Gibbs and Murphy inside or outside mids?

Outside is where they'll do their best work isn't it? Murphy has been beaten enough already.

Carrazzo can take on another year in the guts and get we the Cripps, Whiley and co to start doing the dirty work. Bell is not an inside mid.

Outside is where they'll do their best work isn't it? Murphy has been beaten enough already.

Carrazzo can take on another year in the guts and get we the Cripps, Whiley and co to start doing the dirty work. Bell is not an inside mid.

I think they would both be better off as outside mids. Murphy has suffered enough with his lighter frame, and Gibbs was always questionable with his under the pack work. Seems better suited to outside.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think they would both be better off as outside mids. Murphy has suffered enough with his lighter frame, and Gibbs was always questionable with his under the pack work. Seems better suited to outside.

The second possession is often the one that really gets things heading in the right direction and if.........I mean when........the bigger bodies push the ball anywhere near Gibbs or Murphy, there will be a pretty good chance of success heading goal-wards.

Next year and some pressure starts coming onto Cripps and I reckon he's up for it.

When I watch Corey Ellis' highlights, his set shots just reminds me a bit of Luke Hodge, or maybe it's just the left foot.

Like the look of this fella, good mix of strength, speed and skill.
What sort of draft position are we looking at?
You'd think second round to late first round range. He didn't play any games this year with injury except that last game there against the rep team. He then went to dominate the combine. Depends what recruiters saw of him in his juniors and how he interviewed. Was an AIS squad member so he's not an unknown quantity.

I'm 100% on the Menadue bandwagon now. He moves so well through traffic and just seems to have special traits.. Most phantom drafts have him going just before our 2nd pick so we might have to use 19 on him, but it could be worth it. Looks a star in the making.

What are the knocks on Menandue, because that video is super super impressive, lightning quick, elite skills, good eye for goal and just looked like he had footy smarts.

Those other draft watchers out there, I've done a rough rankings list and would not mind some input into the list.
A few names may be lower/higher due to seeing them on a good/off day or not enough vision.

EDIT: This is NOT a phantom draft, just a rankings list.
  1. Petracca

2. McCartin

3. Brayshaw

4. Wright

5. Ahern

6. Laverde

7. Durdin

8. Langford

9. De Goey

10. Ellis

11. Blakely

12. Lamb

13. Lever

14. Goddard

15. Duggan

16. Weller

17. Marchbank

18. Pickett

19. Vickers-Willis

20. McKenzie

21. Cavka

22. Miller

23. Gore

24. McLean

25. Menadue

26. Cockatoo

27. Garlett

28. Nelson

29. Wilkinson

30. Evans

Last edited:
I'm not so sure about your picks #2 & #3 LemmingMaster
I think they may be flipped around :)

Can't see us taking Vickers-Willis and pretty sure we won't.
Adelaide couldn't possibly take Goddard, could they?
Langford higher than Lever? Don't see it myself.

Jets boys are being favoured pretty heavily there. All four of the key lads do look as though they'll go top 30.

Liking Wilkinson also but can't stop thinking of another Wilkinson that hasn't fared quite as well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back