Opinion 2014 Draft ( Live discussion ) Mod notice post #6629

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The DFA period starts tomorrow and I can't see much reason for clubs or players to procrastinate too much.

If Dick is to come to us (and he should) then we'd expect that info forthcoming pretty soon.
How does DFA work ??? Do clubs have to queue up like they do in the draft, or do you just convince a player to sign for your particular club and then put the paper work in to the AFL:confused:

It's essentially free agency for any player who had their contract broken BY THEIR CLUB. Any player who is leaving a club but is the on breaking their contract is not eligible.

Delisted Free Agents are essentially the delisted

The DFA period starts tomorrow and I can't see much reason for clubs or players to procrastinate too much.

If Dick is to come to us (and he should) then we'd expect that info forthcoming pretty soon.

Wonder what his nick name will be? Clever, Stiffy?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What will the headline read?

Carlton get Dick?
Dick in Demand?
Carlton love Dick?
Matthew's Dick chooses it's home?

I'll see myself out. But also, don't think I'm far off.

Dick a long shot, but Carlton takes him in.
We must love his pace and tempo.

With the likely additions of Tutt and Dick and hopefully Menadue in the draft, we have a clear strategy of bringing in pace and me likey.

It's essentially free agency for any player who had their contract broken BY THEIR CLUB. Any player who is leaving a club but is the on breaking their contract is not eligible.

Delisted Free Agents are essentially the delisted
my point was about the acquiring of them. can another club pick Dick before us..........as in....is there any order of picks (like in the national draft), or do you just get the free player to sign on the dotted line, and then send off the paper work to the AFL ???

my point was about the acquiring of them. can another club pick Dick before us..........as in....is there any order of picks (like in the national draft), or do you just get the free player to sign on the dotted line, and then send off the paper work to the AFL ???
It is basically a free for all. DFA's get the opportunity to go to whichever club they want to go to. There is no order of picks. Hence if we make an offer to Dick & he chooses to accept the offer, he becomes a Carlton player.

Last edited:
It is basically a free for all. DFA's get the opportunity to go to whichever club they want to go to. There is no order of picks. Hence is we make an offer to Dick & he chooses to accept the offer, he becomes a Carlton player.
First real answer. If medium keeps posting like this we will have to supersize you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back