Opinion 2014 Draft ( Live discussion ) Mod notice post #6629

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I highly doubt Rogers is going to change his 'power rankings' due to a couple of 'experts' have given their public opinion...

I highly think you're right.

Rogers and co have conducted 170+ interviews whilst the Pelican man has only a form guide in hand..............love this guy.

Just got to thinking that we'll no doubt hear recruiters say "I didn't expect him to drop to our pick" but when you think about it, most players will at worst fall to where a recruiter has them on his list and every chance that a better player will be available.

There will be no club that can say that they had lost out in the way they'd ranked players. Can't happen :)

Just got to thinking that we'll no doubt hear recruiters say "I didn't expect him to drop to our pick" but when you think about it, most players will at worst fall to where a recruiter has them on his list and every chance that a better player will be available.

There will be no club that can say that they had lost out in the way they'd ranked players. Can't happen :)

True that look at Dunstan and Lewis Taylor 2 guns at every level of TAC Cup, SANFL and Championships being overlooked by most teams and dropping for ridiculous reasons and my opinion standouts of the 2014 season amongst the rookies with Aish & Bontempelli

That's what I'm hoping for
19 pickup a hard gun player
28 lucky number last year get another gun

I rate him too, but talk of him at 28 is lunacy, every chance he's still there at 65. We've been sucked in too many times by donkeys like Pelchen and reached to early for players.

How much have you seen of Boekhorst and the other players in this draft pool?

True that look at Dunstan and Lewis Taylor 2 guns at every level of TAC Cup, SANFL and Championships being overlooked by most teams and dropping for ridiculous reasons and my opinion standouts of the 2014 season amongst the rookies with Aish & Bontempelli

That's what I'm hoping for
19 pickup a hard gun player
28 lucky number last year get another gun

Based on this thinking, Caleb Daniel is probably the best performed player of any of the draftees so at what pick would you be happy to use to get him... 28 will be seen as giving up too much but I suspect he will be gone by 61, he could easily make every club look stupid who overlooks him by becoming the best player in the draft.

Landsberger of HS says we're keen on him. I asked him specifically whether he's sure we'd take Boekhorst at 28 and he was confident we would. Again only his interpretation but it's a strongish indication.

Landsberger of HS says we're keen on him. I asked him specifically whether he's sure we'd take Boekhorst at 28 and he was confident we would. Again only his interpretation but it's a strongish indication.

Historically it's been very tough to get a read on what we would do come draft night, so I can't imagine next week would be any different.

Historically it's been very tough to get a read on what we would do come draft night, so I can't imagine next week would be any different.
It was around this time that word was pretty strong we wanted Crippa last year with our first pick.

I just think Brett Anderson might be right because he was onto Cripps last year too early. He seems to get good Carlton info - as much as we might want him to be wrong.

It was around this time that word was pretty strong we wanted Crippa last year with our first pick.

I just think Brett Anderson might be right because he was onto Cripps last year too early. He seems to get good Carlton info - as much as we might want him to be wrong.

Cripps I could understand, but Boekhorst would be a bit more of a longshot.
I would have thought we could have picked him up with one of our picks with our 60's, rather than using #28.

Cripps I could understand, but Boekhorst would be a bit more of a longshot.
I would have thought we could have picked him up with one of our picks with our 60's, rather than using #28.
I think the general idea behind 28 is he will be gone by 61. Now if he's more likely to go in the 50s then maybe 28 is too much of a reach but if we know someone wants him with their pick in 30s or early 40s, then I'd be happy with him @ 28 if Rogers wants him.

It's worth remembering Cripps was seen as a reach by some last year (myself included but have since changed my mind) so it's not like Rogers isn't afraid to go for the player he wants if they're the right player for Carlton. Stephen Wells has been doing it for years and he's done ok :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ok lets say we get Boekhorst at 28, and following Rogers plan does that mean we will be looking at more of a pure midfielder at 19?

Jaksch- key back
Jones- key forward
Tutt - half forward
Whiley - midfielder
Dick - half back
Boekhorst- wingmen
Pick 19- Midfielder?
leaves a Forward flanker for 61 or 65

ok lets say we get Boekhorst at 28, and following Rogers plan does that mean we will be looking at more of a pure midfielder at 19?

Jaksch- key back
Jones- key forward
Tutt - half forward
Whiley - midfielder
Dick - half back
Boekhorst- wingmen
Pick 19- Midfielder?
leaves a Forward flanker for 61 or 65
Could Boekhorst be the forward flanker?

If we take Boekhurst at 28 we have officially lost the plot.

21yo and still only 70kg at 182cm's. He's no tall, elite athlete like Isaac Smith or no tough,ball magnet like Mick Barlow.

Rogers may like him, and he "may" be gone by 61, but if we pull the trigger at 28 they may as well board the joint up.

If he's there at 61, then take the punt by all means.

Sheeeeesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back