Opinion 2014 Draft ( Live discussion ) Mod notice post #6629

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we take Boekhurst at 28 we have officially lost the plot.

21yo and still only 70kg at 182cm's. He's no tall, elite athlete like Isaac Smith or no tough,ball magnet like Mick Barlow.

Rogers may like him, and he "may" be gone by 61, but if we pull the trigger at 28 they may as well board the joint up.

If he's there at 61, then take the punt by all means.

Sheeeeesh
i'm definitely with you on this, there's a lot of talent around in top 30, would many ppl be happy if we drafted boekhurst whilst the likes of menadue was still available at #28?

I agree even though this is a relatively even and shallow draft there's (in my opinion) still enough talent in the top 30 18 year olds not to pick Boekhorst at pick 28.

I'm not sure why everyone's freaking out. Rogers said on the podcast a few weeks back that they will simply pick the next player on their list. They're not going to pick Boekhorst @ 28 if someone higher on their list is still there.

What some might not agree with is where Rogers has potentially ranked Boekhorst on the list. Personally, I'm comfortable wherever Rogers has Boekhorst rated. He's done nothing since he was appointed as recruiting manager to make me not trust him (Temay selection had someone else's influence more than we would like to believe and I doubt that will happen again).

The amount of people who think they know more than our recruiters on here is literally unbelievable.. to say we have lost the plot IF we take Boekhorst at 28 is borderline moronic. Hindsight may come back and prove those people right, but I'd back in the countless hours of scouting the recruiting department does every day of the week over anyone's opinion on bigfooty.

Last edited:
The amount of people who think they know more than our recruiters on here is literally unbelievable.. to say we have lost the plot IF we take Boekhorst at 28 is borderline moronic. Hindsight may come back and prove those people right, but I'd back in the countless hours of scouting they do every day of the week over anyone's opinion on bigfooty.

This is a footy forum discussing the upcoming draft , how can anyone giving their opinion and adding to the discussion be moronic ?

Recruiters at every club get it wrong every year , we are living proof of that !!

Just relax and join the discussion mate ... it's good fun ...

This is a footy forum discussing the upcoming draft , how can anyone giving their opinion and adding to the discussion be moronic ?

Recruiters at every club get it wrong every year , we are living proof of that !!

Just relax and join the discussion mate ... it's good fun ...

True, I understand that. It just annoys me that people think that they are more knowledgable about a players draft value (after reading a few phantom drafts) compared to recruiters who scout players and track their progress for years.

21yo and still only 70kg at 182cm's. He's no tall, elite athlete like Isaac Smith or no tough,ball magnet like Mick Barlow.

Rogers may like him, and he "may" be gone by 61, but if we pull the trigger at 28 they may as well board the joint up.

Sheeeeesh

How much have you seen of Blaine and the rest of this year's draft crop?

Sheeeeesh

I don't mind him. He's pretty one sided though which worries me going up a level. However he has an ankle breaking side step which should help him.

Rest assured the guys have done their homework. If he's picked at 28, he's rated there by them. There will be no reaching from their point of view.

True, I understand that. It just annoys me that people think that they are more knowledgable about a players draft value (after reading a few phantom drafts) compared to recruiters who scout players and track their progress for years.

Again , posters are not saying that they are more knowledgeable than recruiters ... they are merely adding their opinions to the discussion .

Again , posters are not saying that they are more knowledgeable than recruiters ... they are merely adding their opinions to the discussion .

A comment such as 'if we take Boekhorst at 28 then we have officially have lost the plot' implies that the person has some considerable knowledge/reason as to why this would be a drafting fail, which is fair enough if said reasons are provided rather than just making the comment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A comment such as 'if we take Boekhorst at 28 then we have officially have lost the plot' implies that the person has some considerable knowledge/reason as to why this would be a drafting fail, which is fair enough if said reasons are provided rather than just making the comment.

It implies no such thing ...

It is merely a posters opinion added to the discussion .

I have no idea who we will take at 19 and 28 but I'm enjoying the discussion as this is a fascinating draft .

Mature-age Blaine Boekhorst a potential draft bolter

WEST Australian Blaine Boekhorst shapes as the first mature-age player picked at next week's NAB AFL Draft, with the midfielder in top-30 contention.

The 21-year-old, who played 19 of 20 games this season for Swan Districts, flew to Melbourne this week to undergo a medical test for clubs at AFL House.

He had been due to go on a fishing trip near Broome, but instead was under the microscope of clubs, having had significant attention in the lead-up to the draft.

Boekhorst is believed to have attracted the interest of Collingwood and Carlton, with Fremantle another club linked to the 184cm on-baller.

Mature-age Blaine Boekhorst a potential draft bolter

Looks like there's a fair bit to this rumour now.

Sounds like pick 28 or bust if we're that keen on Blaine.

Opinions on Blakely @ 19??

I really think we need to take best mid available at 19

Whos leaking all the news on us?

It's pretty disappointing that the interest Cripps leaked last year.

What if we were in a situation where we had pick 30 and a club had pick 28 and 32, they might like the player we like at their 32 but take him early as the news of who we want keeps getting leaked.

Opinions on Blakely @ 19??

I really think we need to take best mid available at 19
Agree but from the names that should be available @ 19, Blakely probably isn't the best. Especially if we're prioritising speed.

Whos leaking all the news on us?

It's pretty disappointing that the interest Cripps leaked last year.

What if we were in a situation where we had pick 30 and a club had pick 28 and 32, they might like the player we like at their 32 but take him early as the news of who we want keeps getting leaked.

Unless we are double bluffing for future drafts.... then it's genius!

Agree but from the names that should be available @ 19, Blakely probably isn't the best. Especially if we're prioritising speed.

Can you list me 3 or 4 possible mids at 19 so I can do some googling?
Huge thanks

Can you list me 3 or 4 possible mids at 19 so I can do some googling?
Huge thanks
Not specifically an inside mid like Blakely (but we did just pick Cripps) but players like Menadue, Weller (if he slides), Ellis, Garlett, Duggan (might slide) off the top of my head. Just seen to be more highly rated and pretty lucky for us fill more of a need than an inside mid like Blakely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back