List Mgmt. 2014 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Justin Bollenhagen...he did kick an AFL goal at least.

I'm at odds with the AFL Draft Machine though, all the players I prefer they label 'Smokey'. Even Mattingly in that category looks useful.

Do think we could use a developing medium/good skilled defender behind Duffield, Ibbotson & Clancee.
If you can cope with watching Duffield being pushed off the ball like a rag doll sometimes , then maybe.

Yes, it depends on the overall team mix. Duffield kicking the sealing goal is what you can get if you put up with & can cover the latter.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/af...r-club-will-pick/story-fnp04gxa-1227132256899

13. FREMANTLE

Sam Durdin (West Adelaide)

H: 197cm W: 87kg

Key defender/ruck

256605-81896cfc-72ce-11e4-ad68-c33d50396880.jpg

Sam Durdin may have to make the move interstate. Picture: Sarah Reed

Ross Lyon eager to add to his key stocks with Pavlich and McPharlin on last legs and defender Durdin — once touted a top-three pick — looks the man. Best-afield in an under-18 grand final this year, has soft hands and thumps the ball. Has not has a consistent season but reads the ball well in flight.

The twist: The Dockers have long been Hugh Goddard fans and would love him to fall past GWS and the Cats. Jake Lever will also be hard to pass up.

They all have their own stories now doubt, but Clem Smith's has to be unique. Like many of the potential draftees, he could be anything if he indeed grabs his opportunity and embraces the development. Hopefully, we snare him. Can see the cult following now.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/tradin...und-a-place-to-call-home-20141123-11s6k4.html

Great piece of journalism but I'm not so sure it is great for Clem's draft chances, isn't it more or less saying his foundation is his foster family? Interstate recruiters would read that with alarm bells ringing, just seems to narrow his options to two clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great piece of journalism but I'm not so sure it is great for Clem's draft chances, isn't it more or less saying his foundation is his foster family? Interstate recruiters would read that with alarm bells ringing, just seems to narrow his options to two clubs.
And that's a bad thing for us? I'd pick him if available in the 3rd round.

And that's a bad thing for us? I'd pick him if available in the 3rd round.

Oh I agree it is good for us if we want to draft him, but if neither we or the eagles want him it just diminished his chances of getting drafted elsewhere

Told the boss I am working from home this week to focus on planning for next year...

Just a sneaky bonus that the draft is on this week.... ;)

Oh I agree it is good for us if we want to draft him, but if neither we or the eagles want him it just diminished his chances of getting drafted elsewhere
I would like to see us pick him up also but he just doesn't seem like the kind of player that we draft unfortunately. Small, fitness issues and not the best skills. If you look at our recruitment over the last few years we have gone for players with good skills, good fitness base and capable of playing in multiple positions. If you put all of that together it just doesn't seem like we will go for him unfortunately.

I would like to see us pick him up also but he just doesn't seem like the kind of player that we draft unfortunately. Small, fitness issues and not the best skills. If you look at our recruitment over the last few years we have gone for players with good skills, good fitness base and capable of playing in multiple positions. If you put all of that together it just doesn't seem like we will go for him unfortunately.
Unless we feel that someone small and fast could lock Wingard out of a game similar to Nick Smith at Sydney doing it to one of our smalls every game.

Unless we feel that someone small and fast could lock Wingard out of a game similar to Nick Smith at Sydney doing it to one of our smalls every game.
I don't know exact measurements but I think Wingard would have Smith pretty well covered for height at 177cm.

https://www.facebook.com/AFLSeasonAndOffSeasonNews?hc_location=stream
17 players have been invited to attend Thursday Night's NAB AFL Draft, such is the uncertainty surrounding the top 10. They are as followed.

- Christian Petracca (Eastern Ranges)
- Patrick McCartin (Geelong Falcons)
- Angus Brayshaw (Sandringham Dragons)
- Jarrod Pickett (South Fremantle)
- Jayden Laverde (Western Jets)
- Peter Wright (Calder Cannons)
- Kyle Langford (Northern Knights)
- Liam Duggan (Western Jets)
- Jordan De Goey (Oakleigh Chargers)
- Jake Lever (Calder Cannons)
- Isaac Heeney (Cardiff)
- Hugh Goddard (Geelong Falcons)
- Darcy Moore (Oakleigh Chargers)
- Sam Durdin (West Adelaide)
- Paul Ahern (Calder Cannons)
- Caleb Marchbank (Murray Bushrangers)
- Lachie Weller (Southport)

Seems most people now think we will take Durdin
http://boundforglorynews.com/paige-cardonas-phantom-draft-6-0/

Pick 13: Fremantle – Sam Durdin

Position: Utility
Height: 197 cm, Weight: 89 kg, DOB: 06/06/1996
Club: West Adelaide
Projected draft range: 5-15
Plays like: Ben Reid

A superb key defender and forward as well as a more than handy ruckman, Sam Durdin ticks every box and then some when it comes to his draft stocks. Despite his season starting slowly thanks to a thumb injury that ruled him out for 10 weeks, Durdin has come home with a wet sail, catapulting him to the forefront of recruiters’ minds for those who hold top 10 picks. If Durdin’s under 18 Grand Final for West Adelaide was anything to go by, Stephen Wells will select another winner to his stables. The versatile big man put all of his talent on show to finish with 48 hitouts, 12 disposals, nine marks and seven tackles. His aerial dominance meant he was unbeatable: his tap work excellent whilst his 12 disposals were highly influential, with more than half of his chains involved in scores. Durdin has terrific athleticism and reads the game better than most, and is the type of player a back line can be built around. His rangy frame and long strides gives him a point of difference among his key position peers, and his offensive game is terrifying when he is on song. Put simply, you get a bit of everything with Durdin, which makes a compelling statement of the overall player that he is.

Why? The glaring need for quality key defenders is on top of the agenda for Fremantle, and Durdin’s best is top shelf. The Dockers could go a number of ways here, which’ll solely be dependent on who off the draft board.

In the mix: Caleb Marchbank, Liam Duggan, Corey Ellis, Paul Ahern, Sam Durdin, Nakia Cockatoo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back