List Mgmt. 2014 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

So with the latest phantom drafts out and with those in the know, they have us taking Durdin even though Lever is available and they have Lever going to Adelaide with the very next pick. I would probably prefer Lever even with his injury concerns I think he has more upside along with his leadership abilities could be a future captain of the club.

Who would you prefer?

Spoke to a Claremont player today who reckons Mitch McGovern is better that his brother. Not as tall, but has a phenomenal leap on him and very sticky hands. I'd love to get him with our second pick

So with the latest phantom drafts out and with those in the know, they have us taking Durdin even though Lever is available and they have Lever going to Adelaide with the very next pick. I would probably prefer Lever even with his injury concerns I think he has more upside along with his leadership abilities could be a future captain of the club.

Who would you prefer?
Six to one and halfa dozen the other

Who would you prefer?
It sounds like we will take Goddard if available but take Durdin over Lever because he can play both ends of the ground and pinch hit in the ruck. Freo are big on versatility. Both Durdin and Lever were a some point considered to be top five picks and both have slipped a little. I don't care who they take. Would actually be happy with an A grade mid. Of course, Freo may have someone else in mind for all anyone knows.

We will curse at Bond and the recruiting staff and then at some time during this coming season we will say 'clever' pick that one was.

Yeah. Cue 5 minutes of panic as we research who the hell we just picked after our wishlist of Durdin, Lever, Langford gets ignored and we pick a small tweeny bottom-aged forward/midfielder.

On that basis my money is on Menadue for our first pick - for the pure fact he's someone not on our radar, and is a 188cm 69kg tweeny younger midfielder.

Last edited:
Yeah. Cue 5 minutes of panic as we research who the hell we just picked after our wishlist of Durdin, Lever, Langford gets ignored and we pick a small tweeny bottom-aged forward/midfielder.

On that basis my money is on Menadue for our first pick - for the pure fact he's someone not on our radar, and is a 188cm 69kg tweeny younger midfielder.
I say Cory Ellis

Final draft order posted on afl.com has our pick 72 dropping to 68. (No mention of where rookie elevations occur) Probably won't make a difference but it does sound better with a pick in the 60s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We aren't at a great spot, no guarantees at 13. What about McKenzie? He is a beast and fast, worst case of see him as a defender who can beat his man to the ball.

I reckon Mckenzie will be terrific. His ability to clunk strong marks at its highest point is really impressive. But maybe at 100kgs might be too heavy (nothing a preseason couldn't fix)

I reckon Mckenzie will be terrific. His ability to clunk strong marks at its highest point is really impressive. But maybe at 100kgs might be too heavy (nothing a preseason couldn't fix)

For a guy as quick over 20 as he was, even at that size, it gets my athletic socks ready to blow off. That he can mark and is tall, oh my.

Whether he can learn where to run, that's a whole different story.

Bound for glory live draft
http://boundforglorynews.com/bfgn-rising-stars-phantom-draft-2-0-live-at-830pm/

Round one:
1 St. Kilda – Christian Petracca (Eastern Ranges)
2 Melbourne – Angus Brayshaw (Sandringham Dragons)
3 Melbourne – Patrick McCartin (Geelong Falcons)
4 Greater Western Sydney – Jarrod Pickett (South Fremantle)
5 Collingwood – Jordan De Goey (Oakleigh Chargers)
6 Greater Western Sydney – Hugh Goddard (Geelong Falcons)
7 Greater Western Sydney – Jayden Laverde (Western Jets)
8 Gold Coast – Liam Duggan (Western Jets)
9 Collingwood – Darcy Moore (Oakleigh Chargers) (f/s)
10 Geelong – Peter Wright (Calder Cannons)
11 West Coast – Paul Ahern (Calder Cannons)
12 Richmond – Corey Ellis (Western Jets)
13 Fremantle – Jake Lever (Calder Cannons)
14 Adelaide – Sam Durdin (West Adelaide)
15 Gold Coast – Lachie Weller (Southport)
16 North Melbourne – Nakia Cockatoo (NT Thunder)
17 Essendon – Kyle Langford (Northern Knights)
18 Sydney – Isaac Heeney (Cardiff) (a/s)
19 Carlton – Jarrod Garlett (South Fremantle)
20 Essendon – Connor Menadue (Western Jets)
21 St. Kilda – Caleb Marchbank (Murray Bushrangers)

Round two:
22 St Kilda – Dan McKenzie (Oakleigh Chargers)
23 Greater Western Sydney – Brayden Maynard (Sandringham Dragons)
24 Greater Western Sydney – Jack Steele (Belconnen) (a/s)
25 North Melbourne – Dillon Vjojo-Rainbow (Western Jets)
26 Western Bulldogs – Ed Vickers-Willis (Sandringham Dragons)
27 Western Bulldogs – Oscar McDonald (North Ballarat Rebels)
28 Carlton – Tom Lamb (Dandenong Stingrays)
29 Gold Coast – Connor Blakely (Swan Districts)
30 Collingwood – Damien Cavka (Calder Cannons)
31 Hawthorn – Touk Miller (Calder Cannons)
32 West Coast – Blaine Boekhorst (Swan Districts)
33 Richmond – Josh Glenn (Central Districts)
34 Fremantle – Reece McKenzie (Northern Knights)
35 Adelaide – Ed Langdon (Sandringham Dragons)
36 North Melbourne – Toby McLean (Oakleigh Chargers)
37 Sydney – Alex Neal-Bullen (Glenelg)
38 Sydney – Jack Hiscox (Sydney University) (a/s)
39 Western Bulldogs – Jordan Cunico (Gippsland Power)
40 Melbourne – Jaden McGrath (Bendigo Pioneers)

For a guy as quick over 20 as he was, even at that size, it gets my athletic socks ready to blow off. That he can mark and is tall, oh my.

Whether he can learn where to run, that's a whole different story.
This draft has him going to us for our second rounder.

Why can't we have both? Cue the taco pic.
We need some serious speed. You must be beside yourself that your fixation was chosen at our first pick on the live draft.
Not sure I'd be happy if we let Weller slide by though.

3rd rounder selected for us
Harrison Wigg North Adelaide

14.10.1996 Height: 179cm Weight: 74kg

Small defender who is an elite left foot kick which helps set up his team on the rebound and from kick-ins. Reads the play exceptionally well, averaging 18.8 disposals at 79.3 per cent effectiveness during the NAB AFL U18 Championships and winning South Australia's MVP. To cap off an outstanding championships he was also named in the All Australian U18 team in defence.

We need some serious speed. You must be beside yourself that your fixation was chosen at our first pick on the live draft.
Not sure I'd be happy if we let Weller slide by though.

3rd rounder selected for us
Harrison Wigg North Adelaide

14.10.1996 Height: 179cm Weight: 74kg

Small defender who is an elite left foot kick which helps set up his team on the rebound and from kick-ins. Reads the play exceptionally well, averaging 18.8 disposals at 79.3 per cent effectiveness during the NAB AFL U18 Championships and winning South Australia's MVP. To cap off an outstanding championships he was also named in the All Australian U18 team in defence.

I mentioned I wanted Lever over Durdin. I wouldn't go by that live mock draft it has a poster choosing a small forward for our 3rd n 4th pick. Like Freo have a shortage of small forwards.

I mentioned I wanted Lever over Durdin. I wouldn't go by that live mock draft it has a poster choosing a small forward for our 3rd n 4th pick. Like Freo have a shortage of small forwards.
Freo have visited Jake Lonie at home on a few occasions but he will probably be gone by our third pick. He is a Ballantyne clone.

Plus I'm not taking it seriously, just having a bit of light relief after a very draining exam period. When Freo call out the number then I'll pay attention.

I've watched the highlight tapes on Clem Smith and they aren't that flattering . He's not super quick and gets caught out when opposition players have genuine pace .
He is only 177cm and 77 kgs so he needs an x factor which I didn't see anything to get excited about .

On the other hand Nathan Drummond 181cm ,85 kgs has is in bucket loads and has bearly got a mention .
If I was looking for a serious player , Josh Mcguinness on the other hand is one I would grab in a minute . All Australian defender that will need time to reach his full potential at 189cm,and 72 kgs .
Sam McLaren is another one that I would love to see in Purple 197cm and 92kgs , Key defender . This kid can play .
Dean Gore is another kid we should be looking at 183 cm 86 kgs , natural tagger and inside mid .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back