2014 drafting

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 27, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
With us winning a few early and hopefully today against melbourne 3-2
And geelong cats flying. 1 of our picks are tied to there finishing position. (Josh caddy pick)
Our first pick in this years draft is looking likely to be between 8-13
Geelong finishing top 4 AGAIN so next pick will be 14-18
Pick 14-18 for losing caddy is looking like we lost out in that deal
Any idea on players likely to fall between 8-18?
I personally think we should go hard at Peter wright ( possible number 1 pick )
Trade gorringe and our top our pick likely 8-13
GWS got pick 2 off melbourne with Dom Tyson and pick 9 last year!!

Pretty early in the year to make a call. We haven't even had the under 18 championships yet! Kinda hoping we get a classy mid with our first pick. We also will have 3 picks in the top 30 again so we should be able to add some good talent to the list. :thumbsu:

Pretty early in the year to make a call. We haven't even had the under 18 championships yet! Kinda hoping we get a classy mid with our first pick. We also will have 3 picks in the top 30 again so we should be able to add some good talent to the list. :thumbsu:

I'm the opposite. Although true you can never have enoug potentially elite mids, I think we should be looking for some more versatile big men. If we can get someone who could potentially be our CHB or CHF of the future I would be happy

Yeah I suppose it's what direction the club wants to take. I think where in dire need of a 192cm lead up marking forward but other than that I think we might be ok in the big men department? With so many clubs needing talls in this draft and so many on the table, I can see a few potential A Grade mids slipping to our pick. I'm kind of keen on Clem Smith. Goes extremely hard and has some class. Also a WA boy. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back