Mega Thread 2014 Drafts complete

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wise Guy Sam said:
Nobodies second team is St Kilda. Is it?
Nope really don't like the saints at all, i don't hate them like i do Essendon, but there a pretty boring club. crap jumper, crap colours, crap mascot or nickname, crap theme song and derived of success, at least we had our good run in the fitness and sixties. (sorry i saw the opportunity and i took it)

I didn't mind the Gold coast as a second favourite team, when they where new, i still don't mind them, but i don't follow them so much now, now that the novelty has worn off.

Do you reckon we would entertain the idea of picking up Saad or do we think that Kent will play a bit closer to home this year?

Nope really don't like the saints at all, i don't hate them like i do Essendon, but there a pretty boring club. crap jumper, crap colours, crap mascot or nickname, crap theme song and derived of success, at least we had our good run in the fitness and sixties. (sorry i saw the opportunity and i took it)

That's why they've been my off and on second favourite team over the years. They are pathetic - I feel pity for them. Almost as much pity as I feel for the MFC...

But second teams can change like the weather - there's no need for loyalty. You just go with your heart in that moment.

Just thought I'd drop by and thank the lads for coming to our board and stirring the pot.
Good to know people can derive so much confidence from a draft.
Unfortunately it doesn't always pan out the way you want, as was the case with our club in the early 2000s when Mark Thompson said " everyone is raving about St.Kildas kids, well we're pretty happy with ours too" and well the rest is history.

Just thought I'd drop by and thank the lads for coming to our board and stirring the pot.
Unfortunately it doesn't always pan out the way you want, as was the case with our club in the early 2000s when Mark Thompson said " everyone is raving about St.Kildas kids, well we're pretty happy with ours too" and well the rest is history.
I think the problem people have with the St Kilda board is that, until McClure broke the story that you were taking McCartin - Petracca was an absolute hero. The supporters made a damned good show of damage control after that, where he went from a Dangerfield clone to having worse hips than Toumpas, no tank, and a worse alleged attitude than pre-draft Jack Darling.

It's like, rather than Bains and Elshaug deciding that Patty was the better fit, Christian was such a s**t bloke that you were forced to overlook him. The schaudenfreude is pretty awful.

I think the problem people have with the St Kilda board is that, until McClure broke the story that you were taking McCartin - Petracca was an absolute hero. The supporters made a damned good show of damage control after that, where he went from a Dangerfield clone to having worse hips than Toumpas, no tank, and a worse alleged attitude than pre-draft Jack Darling.

It's like, rather than Bains and Elshaug deciding that Patty was the better fit, Christian was such a s**t bloke that you were forced to overlook him. The schaudenfreude is pretty awful.
Do you really expect us to sit back and praise another clubs player? Of course we are going to find reasons why the club didn't pick Petracca.it actually makes a lot more sense now the club has told us.
As for people having a problem with our board, fair duece to you all, express your feelings over here. Don't come on our board then come back and gloat about it. It's rather pathetic.

I don't agree with trolling team boards as a general rule, but I think you'll find those who chose to stir the pot on your board were responding to ridiculous posts that were cheering on Petracca supposedly pulling out of his first training session, which is false.

If you've concluded that to be overconfidence in the draft, or somehow getting ahead of ourselves with this new batch of kids, that's your own false conclusion.

Do you really expect us to sit back and praise another clubs player? Of course we are going to find reasons why the club didn't pick Petracca.it actually makes a lot more sense now the club has told us.
As for people having a problem with our board, fair duece to you all, express your feelings over here. Don't come on our board then come back and gloat about it. It's rather pathetic.
What did the club tell you, exactly?

'Sitting back and praising' is very different to not taking the piss out of an 18 year old in his first session from an untrue story you saw on Seven news. It's a pathetic show of back slapping, and clearly is an attempt to cover up some insecurities.

I do agree that trolling other boards is stupid though, and you have every right to flame the culprits.

To be clear I was the one who posted that Petracca pulled out of his first session. And to further be clear, as I explained in a further post and also quoted one of your supporters who called bullshit on me, I was going off second hand news from my mate (melbourne supporter) who was at the training.

To be clear I was the one who posted that Petracca pulled out of his first session. And to further be clear, as I explained in a further post and also quoted one of your supporters who called bullshit on me, I was going off second hand news from my mate (melbourne supporter) who was at the training.

Well now you're clear...

Jog on superstar

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tasmanlvr attends almost every training session and writes up on them. He'll confirm to you that Petracca didn't pull out.

tasmanlvr attends almost every training session and writes up on them. He'll confirm to you that Petracca didn't pull out.
Yeh he did on our board, hence why I explained how I got the news. Anyway it was the kids first session, he struggled, it'll have absolutely 0 impact on his career.

What did the club tell you, exactly?
The club said that as we drafted 3 mids (5 if you include Templeton & Weller) last year, and that the next 2 drafts are extremely light on for key position players that McCartin was the best available player...(for us). They club don't want have to pay extreme to get a key forward in (bulldogs & Boyd example) so we drafted one.
This is despite them saying they'd take the best player (Petracca) rather than draft for needs. I can't remember the article but I believe out if the 18 clubs only 2 thought McCartin was the best player, 1 brayshaw and the rest Petracca.
I guess like you guys we just keep trusting the club and hope it pays off!

Aaron Vandenberg has been a prolific ball winner at NEAFL level in the past 2 years.

This year he averaged 32.4 disposals a game, 2nd only to Jordan Harper (for players who played more than 1 game).

20.3 kicks
12.1 handballs
4.6 marks
6.2 tackles
8.1 clearances
6.3 inside50s
2.9 rebound50s

20 goals
17 behinds

127.94 Dream Team points.

A kid from Canberra (Aaron Vanderberg) met with Melbourne FC yesterday. He maybe that pick ND53, PSD2 or more probable a Rookie pick. Won the last 2 B&F's at the Ainslie Football Club and has a great tank and good disposal. Can also kick goals when moved forward. Don't be surprised if his wearing Melbourne colours next year.
Great call.

west-coast-mitchell-white-54-select-1996-australian-rules-football-afl-trading-cardc-55951-p.jpg

Great call.

Thanks Tulip. Aaron Vandenberg is known as Vanders to his mates. He eats, lives and breathes footy. As said previously he has a big tank and continually racks up big numbers. I agree though that it’s a very big step up from NEAFL to VFL or AFL. If anyone is going to embrace development its Vanders. I wish him all the best and hope he gets an opportunity at some stage this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back