Competitions 2014 Dream Team and Supercoach questions here

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 1 for DT out of Barlow, Boyd and Rockliff

I take it you didn't pick Barlow. The difference really showed here between fantasy and SC. Barlow scored 134 in fantasy and 132 in SC with his 29 disposals. Fyfe was subbed at 3/4 time with 20 disposals and scored 64 in fantasy but 122 in SC.

I've got a team in afl fantasy and also the real dream team. The real dream team one is a bit of an experiment but I still did OK with Langdon, Barlow, Beams and Grundy. Swan as skipper was a disappointment but he'll do well against less disciplined teams. He was killing Freo in the first quarter and then they shut him out of it completely.

Hi Guys, great win on Sunday, proud to be a South Australian living in Victoria. Can anyone tell me what has happened to Sam Colquhoun. Didn't play and I cant find out from any Vic media if he is injured or not. What is your opinion of him as I want to get him into my Fantasy and SC teams. Will appreciate any news about him.

Hi Guys, great win on Sunday, proud to be a South Australian living in Victoria. Can anyone tell me what has happened to Sam Colquhoun. Didn't play and I cant find out from any Vic media if he is injured or not. What is your opinion of him as I want to get him into my Fantasy and SC teams. Will appreciate any news about him.
His spot in the side looks to have been pinched by Impey mainly because Ken likes to try out the new lads & thinks Jarman is slightly better defensively along with having the pace to match up with the quicker small forwards in the comp.

His job on Betts in the NAB challenge & shutdown of Jeffy Garlett last night will more than likely keep his spot in the side for a while longer, personally i'd probably have Colquhoun in ahead of Pittard but he likes Jasper & he tends to do a lot of the kick outs.

Thanks Seanybruz, I already have Impey and Pittard in my side but personally I liked the look of Sam last year and was looking forward to seeing him establish a regular spot in the team, loved his dashing run and carry. May have to stick with Impey and Pittard until Sam steps up.

Had Wines as a unique mid pricer in my Supercoach side & scored more than any other player in my team, safe to say that move paid off hopefully there's more of that to come from Ollie now he's lifted his fitness base.

Haven't got Impey in my side, I think i've made a mistake picking JKH & Rohan instead.

Last edited:
Had Wines as a unique mid pricer in my Supercoach side & scored more than any other player in my team, safe to say that move paid off hopefully there's more of that to come from Ollie now he's lifted his fitness base.
Considering Wines and Wingard myself after Sunday. What about Robbie Gray and Westhoff, are they too inconsistent to consider for SC

Considering Wines and Wingard myself after Sunday. What about Robbie Gray and Westhoff, are they too inconsistent to consider for SC
Westy is a bit pricey & in the past can be hot/cold but that might change now we're looking to give Butcher a decent run which should give him a chop out.

I had Gray in my side before deciding to get 2 cheaper options which i'm now regretting, Gray looks to have recovered really well from that bad knee injury & looks fitter than ever which should help him bridge the gap between his best & worst.

I think Robbie could push out scores similar to the more expensive Parker/Mitchell combo but we do tend to spread the load a fair bit, one minute Gray will bob up the next Monfries, Wingard etc.

Westy is a bit pricey & in the past can be hot/cold. I had Gray in my side before deciding to get 2 cheaper options which i'm now regretting, Gray looks to have recovered really well from that bad knee injury & looks fitter than ever which should help him bridge the gap between his best & worst could push out scores similar to the more expensive Parker/Mitchell combo.
Thank mate for all your advice and comments. It is hard being a South Australian living in Victoria and supporting everything South Australian. Try to fit as many SA players into my side without compromising my chances of winning my leagues. Thanks once again

Thank mate for all your advice and comments. It is hard being a South Australian living in Victoria and supporting everything South Australian. Try to fit as many SA players into my side without compromising my chances of winning my leagues. Thanks once again
No worries. How's Higgins doing? I ask because he's one of the cheaper players I decided to downgrade to get 2 > 1 for Grays spot.

I normally have a few players that are untouchables for various reasons i.e burned me in the past with injuries/poor form but went with the hype of the Caddy/Higgins combo.

In hindsight I probably should've went with Gray & Impey.

No worries. How's Higgins doing? The reason I ask because he's one of the cheaper players I decided to downgrade to get 2 > 1 for Grays spot.

I normally have a few players that are untouchables for various reasons i.e burned me in the past with injuries/poor form but went with the hype of the Caddy/Higgins combo.
Higgins has been very injury prone over the past couple of years. When recruited to the Dogs he was a star and touted as a future captain. Has undoubted ability and is probably suffering from a little lack of confidence since he has overcome his latest injury. He is a bit of an enigma, has the ability and is so cheap making it hard to overlook. Has been designated to play a running half back position this year which will hopefully suit his style of play.
I have him in despite my previous "Never again" policy, but I think he is worth the risk for the first few weeks to see how he goes. Dont think you will lose any money by picking him.

So that was just an off game by Lobbe right? Did you guys see anything to suggest that he won't improve on his output in the coming games?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So that was just an off game by Lobbe right? Did you guys see anything to suggest that he won't improve on his output in the coming games?

He scored at what he is priced at. He'll be better for the full hit-out.

Started a little slow, but got into the game as it went on. Also played almost the entire game in the ruck versus two opponents with only a few very short stints replaced by Trengove.
Basically I think that will be the floor of his performance in SC this year.

Haven't got Impey in my side, I think i've made a mistake picking JKH & Rohan instead.

Impey and Rohan will probably score similarly for 2 or 3 rounds, then Impey will pull ahead as Rohan is not in a position where his scores can improve. Think I may have to look at getting Wines, I fell to the Dale Thomas hype.

Impey and Rohan will probably score similarly for 2 or 3 rounds, then Impey will pull ahead as Rohan is not in a position where his scores can improve. Think I may have to look at getting Wines, I fell to the Dale Thomas hype.
I fell for the Daisy hype too only his first game but I would've been better off getting another rookie in there, currently got Macrae in but still undecided whether I'll change both him & Suckling before they play this week.

Can't really see any point in changing anything now. If I do I could maybe swap Hodge for Hanley and Michie for Tyson but I probably wouldn't do any better this round. Probably better to downgrade Daisy to Tyson after round 1 to release 150000 for a forward line premium.

Why was Broadbent the sub? Any chance he will be sub again?

Broadbent was the sub as his impact was expected to be huge when he came on, and it was. His speed, marking and long kicking against a tiring side meant a lot. One of the better sub decisions we've made so even though most people don't agree with him being the sub I can see it happening again. A bit like the EPL where players you'd expect to start are often held back till the last 20 minutes.

Hey guys I picked O'Shea in my fantasy elite team thinking he would build on an impressive year last year. Has he fallen out of favour, or just currently sitting outside your best 22? I don't want to drop him but with a few injuries this week I might need to pick up a player, worth persisting with him or could be in the reserves for a while? Thanks!

Hey guys I picked O'Shea in my fantasy elite team thinking he would build on an impressive year last year. Has he fallen out of favour, or just currently sitting outside your best 22? I don't want to drop him but with a few injuries this week I might need to pick up a player, worth persisting with him or could be in the reserves for a while? Thanks!

seems he has been victim of competeing for spots. he's probably in our best 22 players but not in our best 22 team, we have abundance of mid range defenders. Impey and Clurey in with Broadbent sub pushes him out of the team so even if Clurey finds his way out of the team Broadbent will still play before him. he had an average game in the ressies on the weekend. personally i would cut your losses if/when he is not listed in the teams this weekend just for those reasons coupled with your injuries.

on a side note, Minson: was it just a bad day or has he not come back as well this season? scored 20pts below his lowest score of last year (SC) burnt me badly when i payed a premium for him.

He will be in the reserves for a while and is not normally a good DT'er either.

seems he has been victim of competeing for spots. he's probably in our best 22 players but not in our best 22 team, we have abundance of mid range defenders. Impey and Clurey in with Broadbent sub pushes him out of the team so even if Clurey finds his way out of the team Broadbent will still play before him. he had an average game in the ressies on the weekend. personally i would cut your losses if/when he is not listed in the teams this weekend just for those reasons coupled with your injuries.

on a side note, Minson: was it just a bad day or has he not come back as well this season? scored 20pts below his lowest score of last year (SC) burnt me badly when i payed a premium for him.

Thanks.

Minno should be fine. Rumours of him carrying an injury over the pre-season so might have a slow start but didn't seem to be too hampered on the weekend. More of a factor of going up against Cox + Naitanui in Perth with the team getting belted and it being a pretty hot day. He'll be fine.

Not a port question just thought I'd ask our board
(in draft)
is it worth trading

Delids and Rioli for Cotchin and Caddy?

And then pick one

varcoe, Kerridge, Higgins, Jetta, Yarren

(Leaning towards Jetta, currently have Higgins, they're all FA's)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back