Competitions 2014 Dream Team and Supercoach questions here

Remove this Banner Ad

Supercoach mate.

it's a flat no from me. job security below average. even if someone gets injured we still have playing at the moment: Jonas, Trengove, Hombsch, Carlile in terms of lock down defenders and he's behind Broadbent, Pittard, O'Shea, Impey as rebounders. so we can nearly afford to play without one, if they were to get injured without bringing in Clurey. good player and will get opportunities, given he won't be in this week i'd wait untill he's on the bubble and an assured thing to play his third then downgrade.

Had the double whammy picked Mckevoy to start off with injured misses 2 weeks, upgrade to Mumford & he'll miss the next 2 weeks can't bloody win this year.

Should've just brought in Jaensch like I originally planned to, he's playing well & scoring much better this season.
Still have Lobbe in fantasy but need to upgrade him as soon as it's a priority for me. At the moment I've got low scorers like Jarman Impey and Gary Rohan to get rid of. Brought in Higgins this week, looking at Jaensch and Sam Jacobs over the next two weeks. Would like to do it in one week but I'm going to have to trade in a cash cow each time.

Not sure if there are any bolters but I'm going to have to cop one more week of poor score with Dericx in ruck whilst Mummy misses.

Want to get Gaz in my Supercoach side but would have to risk it by trading out Dangerfield who may finally pull his finger out & X Ellis for him & Fasolo.

A few options available might stick to double downgrade to get Fasolo & Crouch in unless there are others on the bubble.

Trying to decide who to bring in this week out of the good rookies. Looking at Crouch (mid), S Gray (mid) and S Lloyd (fwd). Crouch doesn't work in well with my round 8 bye structure so I am keen on Sam Gray. He had a ripper first game but am wondering about his JS long term so I can generate cash from him and use him as cover during the byes as he has a rd 9 bye. What do people think? Will he be out in a few weeks when Gus returns or worth the trade?

Trying to decide who to bring in this week out of the good rookies. Looking at Crouch (mid), S Gray (mid) and S Lloyd (fwd). Crouch doesn't work in well with my round 8 bye structure so I am keen on Sam Gray. He had a ripper first game but am wondering about his JS long term so I can generate cash from him and use him as cover during the byes as he has a rd 9 bye. What do people think? Will he be out in a few weeks when Gus returns or worth the trade?

Yes please, guys. Sam Gray? Is it a risk getting him in this week? I need him to play every week through the byes...

Yes please, guys. Sam Gray? Is it a risk getting him in this week? I need him to play every week through the byes...

Definitely a risk. Wingard back this week, but Gray might hold his spot as the sub. However Monfries back in probably 2 weeks, which would almost certainly force him out.

Thanks!

Man, that really sucks. He is the only cheap option going at the moment.

There is S.Lloyd of Richmond. He is a forward and costs $30K more but he may be a passable downgrade for you. That is the fantasy price, I don't know the SC price. The Richmond board have started a thread on him so you should be able to ask them about his job security.

Thinking of bringing Ebert in for Goddard, do port fans think he can continue his current form and average close to 110?

Yep, can't see him averaging less than 100 in either fantasy format.
He's a better DT prospect, but would definitely be a good pick for SC too, probably averaging somewhere between 105-110 end of year.

Is it too late to bring Ollie Wines in for Daisy Thomas? Ollie's had some big scores but not sure he will average 118 in SC for the rest of the year. We have a tough run coming up. Or do I downgrade Daisy to Crouch (his rd 8 bye hurts) or Sam Gray? Just worried about Gray's JS. Any feedback or thoughts would be really helpful :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it too late to bring Ollie Wines in for Daisy Thomas? Ollie's had some big scores but not sure he will average 118 in SC for the rest of the year. We have a tough run coming up. Or do I downgrade Daisy to Crouch (his rd 8 bye hurts) or Sam Gray? Just worried about Gray's JS. Any feedback or thoughts would be really helpful :)

Yeah I wouldn't get Ollie in anymore. Gray's JS is the issue. I'll probably be avoiding him.

Hey guys, got T Mitchell and Duddy Franklin in my Supercoach forward line. Considering ditching Mitchell, and looking at Robbie Gray as a POD.

I haven't caught any Port games this year, so just after some advice on whether Robbie is playing much midfield time, or primarily forward, and what your thoughts are on him getting his average close to the 100 mark for the season?

Hey guys, got T Mitchell and Duddy Franklin in my Supercoach forward line. Considering ditching Mitchell, and looking at Robbie Gray as a POD.

I haven't caught any Port games this year, so just after some advice on whether Robbie is playing much midfield time, or primarily forward, and what your thoughts are on him getting his average close to the 100 mark for the season?

Playing a fair bit in the guts, and will continue to do so. Will probably also kick 30-40 goals, so I'd imagine he'd be averaging around 100-105 end of season.

Playing a fair bit in the guts, and will continue to do so. Will probably also kick 30-40 goals, so I'd imagine he'd be averaging around 100-105 end of season.

Thanks Chrizzt. Good luck for the year, you guys are playing some good footy.

Thanks Chrizzt. Good luck for the year, you guys are playing some good footy.

Top effort picking up Robbie Gray who had a massive game against the Eagles! Wish I went the same way but couldn't resist bringing in Ollie against my better judgement :confused:. Will take his 80 SC points and hope he has some more big ones in the weeks to come! R Gray looks like a top 10 forward for 2014, jump on!:thumbsu:

I went a year early with Robbie. Had him for the first half of last year but should have known he would take some time after that injury. Then didn't jump back aboard this year. Perhaps not too late though.

Yeah he is still priced fairly cheap at $470K in SC with a BE of 36. Should go up to the $500 K mark this week.

I'm thinking of jumping on as well but interested in what others think about Robbie Gray? Is he a fwd line keeper or not. Do you think he will average around 100 this year?

Yeah he is still priced fairly cheap at $470K in SC with a BE of 36. Should go up to the $500 K mark this week.

I'm thinking of jumping on as well but interested in what others think about Robbie Gray? Is he a fwd line keeper or not. Do you think he will average around 100 this year?

Absolutely, had him as a lock since the start of the year. Couldn't believe more people weren't talking about him given his starting price.

I went a year early with Robbie. Had him for the first half of last year but should have known he would take some time after that injury. Then didn't jump back aboard this year. Perhaps not too late though.
Wow ... He has been a lock from day 1 for me, and looks like he will just keep getting better. His dual position is worth gold too! If Robbie can stay injury free, I have this sneaky feeling we will see him move from being merely a good player, to that of elite level.

Sam grey will he play sunday.. job sercurity?

Sent from my GT-I8730 using Tapatalk

Not sure, my guess is no and job security average. Subbed off last week would think if he plays he's sub. He would need to play well to keep his spot. I'd avoid him given you can pick up a Cutler/Lloyd for point scoring or a Robertson who seems to have more JS given he plays for brissy.

Sam grey will he play sunday.. job sercurity?

Sent from my GT-I8730 using Tapatalk
Sam Gray may play Sunday(if he is lucky) but is likely to be the first cut when Angus Monfries comes back, which could be next week. In fantasy, Jamie Bennell(MID) of West Coast has definite job security and is $219K, not much more expensive than Sam.

Only a 54.2 average with a best of 75 but a good cheap sub, especially with the byes coming up.
Same applies to Mitch Hallahan(MID) of Hawthorn, Christian Salem(MID), Ben Lennon(FWD) and Mitch Honeychurch(FWD/MID) of the Western Bulldogs.

Althogh both Ben Lennon, Mitch Hallahan and Mitch Honeychurch are on extended benches. Talk to their respective boards before you commit to any one of these players.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back