2014 Dream Team and SuperCoach questions thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll kick it off. I'm putting Hawkins and Kersten into my side, what sort of averages do you expect from them SC wise? Cheers
God knows on Hawkins. I thought he would start to rip SC apart. Never happened.
Kersten wont get it a lot but he is a magic kick. So the 6 pointers will help.

Might play 10 games and score 50-60

God knows on Hawkins. I thought he would start to rip SC apart. Never happened.
Kersten wont get it a lot but he is a magic kick. So the 6 pointers will help.

Might play 10 games and score 50-60

Yeah, Shane will be a bench option at best. Tomma Hawks dunno, he's so cheap that's the only reason he's in my side.

Personally I'd get someone like Caddy who is 100K+ cheaper and use the money saved somewhere else.

whats the latest with HMac and the expectation on him this year?

if can stay fit he and sandilands are big bonuses but also with the lack of rookie options in ruck that is rolling the dice for the season right there!

I think either him or Dawson will be a gun, I'm probably gonna take the best performer before the season starts. It's hard this year; Dawson, HMac, Grundi and Sandi Pants are all around 300-400k the temptation is to take them all and cash cow two of them mid season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want him to play up forward but to be honest he's most likely to stay down back. However, would not surprise me one iota if he turns up in the midfield again! Sorry not much help.

I thinking off getting Bartel in Dream team. Do you guys think he's destined to spend 2014 up forward or down back?

Interesting to note that the Cat's website has included Jimmy as a forward.

Jimmy Bartel
Whilst Jimmy Bartel should be viewed as something prestigious like a prince, a prime minister or perhaps a university professor, the honesty is he is really a maintenance man. An exceptional maintenance man. These past few seasons has seen Bartel play a variety of positions. Last year it was the backline where he ‘quarterbacked’ like Peyton Manning, setting up numerous Cats forward forays and cutting off opposition attacks. This year may see Bartel return to the role that won him a Norm Smith medal; the tall and small forward. Bartel is nearly impossible to match up on. The hands of a tall key forward, the ball skills of the silkiest forward pocket. Accuracy is his forte so how many can Jimmy boot in 2014?
Potential position: half forward
Other positions: everywhere on the ground

http://www.geelongcats.com.au/news/2014-01-29/line-analysis-forwards

Lots of el cheapo Geelong options in the forward line, considering the hype surrounding McCarthy and Kersten, Caddy as a dual option for 325k (who could easily start averaging 85-90 and take that last starter spot in the forward line) and Hawkins as a potential (but very risky) premium for 359k. I've also got Vardy as a third ruckman at the moment, so I can have him as floating cover between ruck and forward.

I want him to play up forward but to be honest he's most likely to stay down back. However, would not surprise me one iota if he turns up in the midfield again! Sorry not much help.

Wherever he plays, he should rack up the points, so don't think it really matters.

whats the latest with HMac and the expectation on him this year?

I'd say he's definitely worthy of the shortlist for a second ruck spot, but with his recent history, It's impossible to be too confident in him until we see him in action in the NAB games. Everything sounds promising and one thing about him compared to Simpson is that he's been a reasonable goalkicker throughout his career.

Josh Cowan? How's his preseason? Been a full one? A person fav of mine, but needs to get on the park!

Sounds like he's doing ok and there has been a bit of media around him this preseason, but he'll find it tough to crack into the team, in my opinion. He'll have to kill it in the preseason games or get a few injuries ahead of him to get an extended look-in. I prefer others, for now.

Yup, jimmy was first selected in my backline. It might seem tough with not so many bi-curious players this year. But the ones who are are great, I've got 9 genuine midfielders this year and only 4 are in my midfield :D

I'd love to know what Tom Peeters was on when he wrote that article.

Are you talking about the fact he put write-ups of half the playing list in that article on "forwards"?

Are you talking about the fact he put write-ups of half the playing list in that article on "forwards"?

No, I'm talking about the metaphors and similes he's used...

Like the gelato that you had in Rome and never experienced anything quite like it since, Daniel Menzel was a tasty morsel we didn’t get enough off...

How's Caddy looking so far? Thought last year his endurance was the only thing stopping him from taking the next step.

How's Caddy looking so far? Thought last year his endurance was the only thing stopping him from taking the next step.

Definitely one to watch. His dual position status makes him a very good target, as he could easily get enough points to do the job for you as a F6. A potential keeper at that price will be gold.

+1 one of my first forwards selected.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back