2014 Dream Team and SuperCoach questions thread

Remove this Banner Ad

DO you know if Kersty is training or on light duties at all mb? thanks for reply too bud. :hearts:

Balme said they pulled him out of training a few weeks ago due to having the knee drained but he was back training this week so I assume he will be playing round 1, even if it's at vfl level.

That said, anything Balme says on injuries is almost never reliable.

G'day Cats,

Noticed Mitch Brown kicked (3) in the NAB, is a backman (I believe drafted as a forward). Any chance he will go forward instead of back or will he be a bit of a swingman a la Taylor? There is a distinct lack cheap backs atm and at 260k he frees me 100k and may be a reasonable POD.

Also why pick Lincoln Mcarthy; what type of player is he?

How about Thurlow? Is he good enough to be a DT lock? Will he play RD1?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G'day Cats,

Noticed Mitch Brown kicked (3) in the NAB, is a backman (I believe drafted as a forward). Any chance he will go forward instead of back or will he be a bit of a swingman a la Taylor? There is a distinct lack cheap backs atm and at 260k he frees me 100k and may be a reasonable POD.

Also why pick Lincoln Mcarthy; what type of player is he?

Brown will be primarily played up forward this year. He will probably be pushed back a few times depending on opposition but at this stage with Vardy out for the year with injury it looks like he will get some solid time in the forward line. Chris Scott has said that even if Vardy were still in the team Brown's pre-season form at this stage gives him a comfortable lock in the 22 come round 1.

McCarthy is a small forward who plays well defensively - good goal sense and can chase down opponents - tackles etc. Has had a rough 12-18 months due to injury and has only played 1 game but his match fitness looks very good from the 2 nab games. Another player Scotty has talked up and looks to get some game time this year.

How about Thurlow? Is he good enough to be a DT lock? Will he play RD1?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thurlow is an exciting prospect, out of a lot of guys with little experience he is one of the players who looks composed and in control for only playing 4 games. Personally looks set for AFL already. Looks like he will slot in down back and will probably get a lot of game time if they push Guthrie into the midfield.

On Thurlow, what sort of scores would you best predict this year and beyond (for keepers league). Will he be a shutdown back or a play maker from defensive?

I'm hoping for/expecting an average somewhere between 65 and 75 if he plays the role of an Enright-type, stays in the 22 and doesn't get hit with the sub vest. But you never know, it's only his second year so you can't expect too much from a guy who's played 4 games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi catters,

On AFL 360 during the week they interviewed Joel Selwood and when asked to name the one player from the cats that was primed for a big breakout year, he named Guthrie and I'm sure he mentioned that he was either moving to the midfield or was going to spend more time there. I notice he was mentioned at the start of this thread but does anyone have any more up to date information about where he is likely to line up this year? According to fanfooty he was used as a tagger against the demons (tagging Jones).

Thanks in advance.

Hey folks, just a quick SC question: Caddy or Hawkins?

I've got a feeling their average scores will be rather similar, with Caddy the more consistent flat line score where as Hawkins will have the bigger difference between best and worst. Correct?

I'd say your spot on with your assessment on both. I'm not much help I'm taking the two of them. Not much better value to be had in the forward line to be honest.

Thoughts on Smedts??
Priced at 54 and going down back. Anyone think he will be part of the Enright and Mackie loose ball mark/kick team and average 80?
Or more likely to focus on his man?

what should be expected from him score wise and role (sub?)

Is he worth a look over that kennedy-harris guy from melb?

Don't know Kennedy- harris too well. Other than that one week effort.

I think geelong will look for a goal sneak.
No chapman, no motlop. Burbury out for a few.

I think he'll be in and out. Might play 8 games. But he also has the skills to make them not drop him.
If you're looking for early season cash I'd call him a POD.

Got JJ as my 10th mid... am I going to regret it.

Balme said they pulled him out of training a few weeks ago due to having the knee drained but he was back training this week so I assume he will be playing round 1, even if it's at vfl level.

That said, anything Balme says on injuries is almost never reliable.

Kersten is now listed as "test".

Any chance for round 1 or 2?

Kersten is now listed as "test".

Any chance for round 1 or 2?

Personally, I hope he is. He was named as an Emergency last year in the prelim vs Hawthorn, so they seem confident in him.
But, due to a pretty interrupted pre-season, I wouldn't be surprised if he spends a week or two in the VFL to build some match fitness back before he debuts in the seniors though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back