2014 Dream Team and SuperCoach questions thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I would suggest zero chance of a Round 1 or 2…..will need match conditioning, and form over others to get a run.

Will get games though……and fairly soon….depending on form and injuries.

I would think he would need to play a solid month in the VFL to regain some fitness and match conditioning. Providing he gets though that he would be a good chance for a game, assuming his form is good
I've cut him for some other options. Good downgrade target I think.

He might average 90 if you're lucky. And could play 10-15 games. He's just too risky unless you have solid bench cover. He'll be in and out all year I think - same with Simpson.

Simpson - Hmac - Blicavs in that order.

Blicavs will probably play more games than the first two just not in the ruck.

Hmac and Simpson will play maybe 15 games each max this year.

Stevie J gonna be a pure midfielder again?
I have nothing to base this on but I'm leaning toward no. But I'll give you some reasons: our forward line has suffered a lot of injuries, our midfield will benefit from the permanent addition of Caddy and Guthrie, and given the rotation limit he may spend more time forward (whether this is time he would normally spend on the bench or additional time who knows).

Oh, and Josh Caddy....is he best 22 and playing in a good scoring role?
Yes and Yes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have nothing to base this on but I'm leaning toward no. But I'll give you some reasons: our forward line has suffered a lot of injuries, our midfield will benefit from the permanent addition of Caddy and Guthrie, and given the rotation limit he may spend more time forward (whether this is time he would normally spend on the bench or additional time who knows).

Yes and Yes.

Thanks mate.

I think he will improve but not much, don't forget he had a 15 (injured), 29 (ball didn't go near him). He is a cash cow basically.

Guthrie is only $301,000 in DT……get on him.
Hey, this is what I came here for.
CAM GUTHRIE
Can anyone tell me about his year last year? Didn't take much noticed of him. A colleague (who isn't doing Supercoach because of a new baby - pffft, whatever) told me Guthrie and Duncan would be cememted in his side.
He's in, but I do need some convincing.

THankyou and I hope everyone is enjoying the fact the Pies, blues Swans and the tigers all got done rnd one ! :thumbsu::hearts::D:p

Played a largely stopping role last year but the kid is all class…..good brain, quick, superb delivery by foot…and has performed very well in pre-season running through the midfield. The one doubt may be how much time he gets in there, but most think he will get time in the midfield…I am certainly one of them!

At that price, he's well worth the punt…and not too many will have him!

Played a largely stopping role last year but the kid is all class…..good brain, quick, superb delivery by foot…and has performed very well in pre-season running through the midfield. The one doubt may be how much time he gets in there, but most think he will get time in the midfield…I am certainly one of them!

At that price, he's well worth the punt…and not too many will have him!
Thankyou very much for your time. Appreciate it DtC.
Are there any missing in your midfield in the early rounds because of injury? Is Gurthrie 2nd or 3rd year?

Guthrie was pick 23 in the 2010 National Draft….

Christensen is out till mid year……and of course Joel Corey has retired……opens up a couple of places…you can expect Caddy to play a lot inside mid….

Guthrie was pick 23 in the 2010 National Draft….

Christensen is out till mid year……and of course Joel Corey has retired……opens up a couple of places…you can expect Caddy to play a lot inside mid….
His NAB scores were bang on what he averaged last year? Won't collect massive numbers but could he improve by say, 10 or 15%
Last question promise! :D:p

I would be very surprised if he doesn't improve by that and perhaps even more….I hate using the term "breakout year" but I believe now is his time.

He's in my team!…so I have put my money where my mouth is!

….and your welcome!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back