Competitions 2014 Dreamteam ~ Supercoach ~ Ultimate Footy Questions here

Franky_024

Club Legend
Oct 18, 2011
AFL Club
Melbourne
Serious question here.. Is Kennedy-Harris likely to play round 1?

Did he play against Hawthorn?
I don't think any of us will know until next week as Roos stated that he wouldn't expect any of the draftee's to play games early

Problem is that injuries to our forward talls, and the preseason from of Kennedy Harris have definitely swayed the balance in his favor. Has done everything he can to earn that small forward role but may be battling Blease for the same position

Franky_024

Club Legend
Oct 18, 2011
AFL Club
Melbourne
FWIW he also was the sub for the Hawthorn game, come on in the second half and again played well despite us getting a hammering

He then played for the scorpions in the following VFL match and was a class above, didn't play the whole game but I think has done enough to warrant a round 1 spot

Tex Danger

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
FWIW he also was the sub for the Hawthorn game, come on in the second half and again played well despite us getting a hammering

He then played for the scorpions in the following VFL match and was a class above, didn't play the whole game but I think has done enough to warrant a round 1 spot
what can be expected from him if he does play? is he likely going to be sub regularly or since he will be filling a specific role will he play whole games due to the need for him to fill that role the whole game?

Is he historically a high possession in juniors or more a low numbers high impact player?

I dont know a lot about him but get the feeling he is a 40-60ppg player who may end up averaging quite low rather than even getting a 60 ave but may be way off the mark

Franky_024

Club Legend
Oct 18, 2011
AFL Club
Melbourne
what can be expected from him if he does play? is he likely going to be sub regularly or since he will be filling a specific role will he play whole games due to the need for him to fill that role the whole game?

Is he historically a high possession in juniors or more a low numbers high impact player?

I dont know a lot about him but get the feeling he is a 40-60ppg player who may end up averaging quite low rather than even getting a 60 ave but may be way off the mark
Well he is a small forward so expect somewhere around the 70-80 mark if he avoids the vest and expect him to be explosive 1 quarter and quiet the next. His highlights are his goal assists and tackles which should flatter his SC scores and averaged 23 possessions in the TAC cup. Downside is of course he is quite small and will drift out of games sort of like Neade did last season.

It's really hard to say whether he would be sub round 1 or not, at the moment with a depleted forward line you would expect him to slot in comfortably but like I said it's really up to Roos. I have currently as my bench forward and if he named as sub i'd be happy to stick it out as he will get plenty of opportunities early.

Chasing_Cars

Senior List
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Thanks for the reply Franky.. From what you said it sounds like he's done enough. I think I'll have to save a spot for him in my team.

bianchije

Draftee
Mar 12, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Hey guys,
do you think IF Georgiou is upgraded from the rookie list he could maintain his spot with Garland coming back in a couple of weeks, or would he be filling in for someone else altogether?
Does the injury to Jesse Hogan mean there is a need for more talls in the current lineup, meaning Georgiou could hang around a bit if he keeps performing?

Hey guys,
do you think IF Georgiou is upgraded from the rookie list he could maintain his spot with Garland coming back in a couple of weeks, or would he be filling in for someone else altogether?
Does the injury to Jesse Hogan mean there is a need for more talls in the current lineup, meaning Georgiou could hang around a bit if he keeps performing?
Maybe and Garland has been played forward before, so he might go forward and Georgiou could stay down back (not confident that this will happen, just floating the idea). It's a bit uncertain though. I reckon he will get upgraded, he's been good in the NAB games and there is a spot for him, but it'll be a wait and see thing as to whether he holds that spot.

bianchije

Draftee
Mar 12, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
if roosy really sticks to his guns with watts in the guts, could it mean a role for garland up front with clarke/hogan out?
im pretty unfamiliar with your lineup, sorry if these are noob questions

if roosy really sticks to his guns with watts in the guts, could it mean a role for garland up front with clarke/hogan out?
im pretty unfamiliar with your lineup, sorry if these are noob questions
Haha, that's alright. Not many neutrals would trouble themselves watching Melbourne much lately.
I think Garland might go forward for a bit with all of our key tall forwards out but given he was our best defender last year I doubt it'd be for long. We should be able to piece together a forward line with Fitzpatrick, Howe and Pedersen with Watts probably playing there a bit too.

May 6, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Quick chime in for those looking for a response on a few Dees players
Kennedy-Harris- Is definitely worth a spot on your bench. Not too many good rookies in the forward line, and the fact I expect JKH to play some games early, he could be a reasonable cash cow at the price, very similar to Neade last season.
Michie- I think Michie is a level below Tyson, not sold he's in the best 22, can see him scoring reasonably well, but if you can afford him, I think you should fork out a little extra and pick Tyson.
Tyson- Expect his price to go up early, and should certainly be considered as a starter in your midfield, could be posting similar numbers to Ellis and Polec.
Watts- At 411k he is awkwardly price, and I'm still not sold on him, would be a little surprising if he was a 100 average as the end of the year, and that's what your looking for at that price range.
Vince- Think there are better players at cheaper prices than Bernie Vince, he is having a great pre-season, but in a poor team, and the poor team really does hurt a supercoach player, unless they are an out and out gun. If we improve expect his numbers to do the same.

I've actually locked in Watts for the moment. I think he'll have a much improved season with Roos in his ear, not to mention the midfield role that he'll be playing. If he can keep his efficiency up by foot, he should be scoring pretty well on average. With the money I've got left, I could upgrade him for Grimes. We all know that Grimes can score well, and probably will. But with the way my team is currently looking, I'm willing to take the risk. If worse comes to worse, I can always trade him out. If he looks shithouse in the first two rounds, I can always trade him out in the third week before any of the prices change. So for me, right now, It's a risk worth taking. Depending on how the rest of your team looks, of coarse.

gizmo01

Senior List
Jul 28, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Chip Frawley worth a late pick in a category draft league? With Melbourne's new possession game is he likely to pick up 5+ marks an 10+ kicks a game? Or do you think he might be purely lock down under Roos?

Chip Frawley worth a late pick in a category draft league? With Melbourne's new possession game is he likely to pick up 5+ marks an 10+ kicks a game? Or do you think he might be purely lock down under Roos?
Can see him returning to his 2010 rebounding role more. He's at his best when he's beating his opponent and rebounding out of the back half so I think Roos will be keen to see him do a lot more of that. I was looking at him and McDonald as late pickups in my own draft (though waited too long and missed both). So yes, I think he'd be a good pick up; McDonlad might be handy too as he can get decent mark/kick numbers.
Thoughts on Trengrove...will he start hitting good DT numbers?
Probably wouldn't pick him up from round 1. His numbers should pick up with the new high possession game plan and the extra support in the midfield but I'd still wait and see how he goes before picking him up, if at all.

juzzo

Premiership Player
Jun 17, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Do you guys think Michie might be a chance for a green vest throughout the year or is he cemented in the starting 18?

Do you guys think Michie might be a chance for a green vest throughout the year or is he cemented in the starting 18?
Doubt he'll get the vest. More likely someone like Blease, Kent, Byrnes or the new draftees (if they play) will get it. He'll get plenty of gametime.

May 6, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hey guys, what kind of role do you expect Grimes to play this year and how do you think he'll score. Thanks.
I've had Grimesy a few years now, this is probably the first in a while I haven't. He isn't a bad pick at the price, which is quite awkward, and he does have the ability to score 100's, but he's just so injury prone that you do take in a big risk. Main factors in him scoring well are:
1. Staying fit
2. Playing across HB
If he can do both of these than he's on the way to improving to that next level.

swans4eva

Premiership Player
Oct 1, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
I'm hoping that Georgiou won't play this week so I can take Langdon's emergency score in RDT. What are his chances of being elevated and in the next couple of days and playing on the weekend?

I'm hoping that Georgiou won't play this week so I can take Langdon's emergency score in RDT. What are his chances of being elevated and in the next couple of days and playing on the weekend?
High I'd say. Riley is still on the LTI list. Clark may go onto it too. He was good in PS so has earned a spot and with Garland out will probably get a start on the weekend.

Back