Competitions 2014 DT/SC Questions, Discussions etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Bergs i dont' think will score well enough to be fantasy relevant.

Wasn't the best scoring today for Zorko, but he was still in and around the place which was promising. We played very poorly, so i'm not surprised scores are down a little. Rocky did what he normally does, and slutted up some points.

Glad I got cold feet with Zorko, bit early to call it but paying off so far!

Could get used to Rocky kicking 3 goals as well (+35 disposals, guy has a massive fantasy game when he's played in the right position).

Rocky was played in the forward line as well, didnt stop his scoring. He has a natural fantasy friendly game, looks for the cheap 1-2 and whenwe are struggling to move the ball, he pushes up the ground to be an option and gets easy marks.

I called that he would get 34 touches and 3 goals... I wasnt far off.

Zorko will bounce back. His scoring was down, but he was still in the guts, so even with Rocky back we stilled wanted him in the middle. Did get as many marks or tackles as he normally would I dont think.

As I said, if u get zorko expecting 100 average, youll be disappointed. I have him and im only expecting 90 odd. That is still good for a forward at his price. And he does have the ability to average more. He will score better when the Lions play better as a team.

How far away are Robertson or Cutler from getting named? Does the Rich injury open a door?

Has the Rich injury improved Lewis Taylor's job security and chance of missing out on the sub vest?
Thanks heaps
Perhaps marginally. Very hard to tell. There are at least a couple of other young mids (Robbo, Cutler) vying for senior games atm, so still a chance for youth rotation.

I would have no confidence in the young players avoiding the vest. With us having to play a few at once, we are going to have to manage them a bit, so id expect them to all have a turn at some stage.
Yep, if we were prepared to measure Aish up for the vest, then no youngster is safe.

More than likely taking Rich's role in the back half playing as a rebounding HB. That is his natural position. As for scoring, very hard to say, i think he plays a fantasy friendly kind of game, racks up the ball a bit. He is not one that i would think would hold down a spot in the team long term, although anything is possible this year. He would have to be a green and red sub vest in any games that he plays though. I'd be waiting for him to play a few games before even thinking about him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys, thoughts on Lewis Taylor?
Will he spend time in the midfield with Green and Rich out? Will he stay away from the sub vest?
If I pick him I'd be hoping for a 65-70 average, do you think that's reasonable?

Taylor has been spending time in the middle, but with Green out id have concerns about him maybe spending more time forward. He will also be a sub vest. Robbo or Cutler might get the green this week being first gamers, but I wouldnt be surprised if Taylor got it either.

Hey guys, thoughts on Lewis Taylor?
Will he spend time in the midfield with Green and Rich out? Will he stay away from the sub vest?
If I pick him I'd be hoping for a 65-70 average, do you think that's reasonable?

I think he's looking to score around the 60-70 mark most games, with the occasional clanger or sub affected game that actually pulls his average down a bit so he actually averages around 50.

Plenty of love for Rockliff! Looks like Championdata stole a tackle away from him, but 30 disposals and 13 tackles is another huge fantasy game, already made up for missing round 2 in two weeks.

How far off is Staker? He was 4-6 weeks away but now it says 'indefinite'.

I have him in my ultimate footy team and am wondering if it's time to cut my losses

Remove this Banner Ad

Back