2014 Emirates Melbourne Cup Day discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Track was good come race time mate. But feel free to reasses next time a horses does a 3-peat if it was such a piece of piss ;)
Sure, like it was "Good 3" on Saturday. Some quick times they were running... ;)

Let's not go there.

Edit: yes I know I took it 'there'

Last edited:
Yeah - in Green Moon's year he had excellent form - and started second favourite as a result from memory. Settled back in a skunk race and was the best of the run on horses. Would have gone close in a fair race.
Green moon certainly was not second fav started about $18 to $20 and he he settled about eight to ten but was in good form

Admire Rakti is not known for putting 2 good runs together.
Havent seen the numbers but he would have rated through the roof in C Cup

seth

Admire Rakti is not known for putting 2 good runs together.
Havent seen the numbers but he would have rated through the roof in C Cup

seth

Put 3 runs together this time last year didn't he? Culminating in his Japan Cup 4th?

Maybe, just assumed when he was ridden by I Mendizabel

seth

It says the race as held at Tokyo, and all the other trainer/jockey combos are Japanese.

Just going back he put a few ok races together the previous October too. Maybe he is just no good in the Northern Spring?

Some jockey bookings: C Williams booked for Cavalryman, J Mcdonald to Willing Foe
B Shinn goes to Junoob & H Bowman offered ride on Mutual Regard.

seth

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quite simply because Cavalryman is in the race & its him or nothing.
Chased hard for Mutual Regard ride but just missed to Hughie

seth

Sh

If that is annouced Mutual Regard's odds should come down, the once a year punters backing D.Oliver
In saying that it is one of the 2 I will be backing at this stage, Mutual Regard and Red Cadeaux

Bet now if youre keen, done deal

seth

Sh

If that is annouced Mutual Regard's odds should come down, the once a year punters backing D.Oliver

In saying that it is one of the 2 I will be backing at this stage, Mutual Regard and Red Cadeaux

Can't see how Mutual Regard would be good enough myself. He would be the weakest European horse to run a place for a long time. Can't remember the last time Ebor form was relevant. Probably Purple Moon - but it had run in Australia and went on to run well in Gold Cup (which I doubt Mutual Regard would have the class to do).

He is big unders for mine.

Hes clearly improved since changing stables but in most years he'd be $50
The fact LVP got close to Protectionist at Caulfield confuses the issue a tad considering it is $6.
Has 3200m form & will handle a fast track but without a run here, how can we know?

seth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back