2014 Emirates Melbourne Cup Day discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Signoff receives 1kg penalty - will race with 51kg on Saturday

Weir will searching for another Jockey then as Moreira lowest weight he can get to by Tuesday is 51.5kg he said. That's IF he comes back as he has a full book of rides in Hong Kong tomorrow and may be going home.

Weir will searching for another Jockey then as Moreira lowest weight he can get to by Tuesday is 51.5kg he said. That's IF he comes back as he has a full book of rides in Hong Kong tomorrow and may be going home.

Deaney Yendall - get in there son!!!!!!

Lets hope the money comes for signoff and pushes AR out. Was a fool to think our locals are as good as the internationals twice this spring, not making the same mistake a third time. AR will brain them

OTI doing well in the draw LeL.

Some of these faves are gonna be left with plumb draws now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Admire Rakti gets 8

Barrier Draw

Admire Ratki 8

Fawkner 9

Red Cadeaux 15

Cavalryman 3

Protectionist 11

Seamoon 18

My Ambivalent 4

Lucia Valentina 2

Seismos 1

Royal Diamond 6

Junoob 7

Who Shot Thebarman 13

Mutual Regard 12

Gatewood 22

Willing Foe 17

Precedence 20

Brambles 21

Mr O’Ceirin 19

Opinion 14

Au Revoir 23

Lidari 10

Araldo 24

Unchain My Heart 5

Signoff 16

Don't worry, he has the Cummings polish :thumbsu:

Very true sadly.

I love these videos and that one is great!!

For the 1st time in many years i am struggling to get excited by this years Cup and it is becoming a bit of a Mehhhh event this year. :cry:

Araldo - potter across from 24, have a nice little 2500m warm up in the back 6 then rattle home - get on it folks !

For the 1st time in many years i am struggling to get excited by this years Cup and it is becoming a bit of a Mehhhh event this year. :cry:
It's a moderate edition with no drawcard, there's no denying it. The race has and will improve vastly again though in years to come, it's just not on a linear trend.

So that's a total of one Australian bred horse yeah? No wonder people are losing interest.
It's true. There's about 5 minutes each year where staying races are relevant and then we just go back to 1400m F&M races. No incentive to train stayers, no incentive to buy stayers.

I'm actually warming to Protectionist. To me it is the one European that could be progressive. The Herbert Power as a lead in is meh but I think you have to keep a little bit of an open mind on the path to the cup for the Internationals. The French made the Geelong cup sexy for a fleeting moment. Signoff in the market should push Protectionist out to a nicer price on the day.

I will have a saver on Fawkner as he is drawn for the Green Moon run.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back