2014 Emmys

Remove this Banner Ad

Regardless of what happens, it could be worse (Homeland winning 2 or 3 years ago)

Homeland Season 1 was fantastic television, it went downhill after that.

Just been binge watching Masters of Sex this past week, Lizzy Caplan gets my vote for best actress

I understand Homeland S1 was quality in comparison to later seasons, but I always found it insufferable from the beginning (watched the first couple episodes and found it ridiculous), and in comparison to some of the other nominees, its win was a bit of a travesty.

If Hamm doesn't get it for this season's Mad Men, then there is no justice.
Justice at the Emmys?

thewrongplace.gif

Agree, just thought Hamm lifted his game substantially as Don Draper went through some major life changes. Problem is, it's very nuanced.
Absolutely. Both very worthy winners. Will be annoyed if these johnny ringer's Harrellson or McConaughey win.

The male actor award nominations...well its like just give it to all of them....

Its true we are living in a golden age of television at the moment - s**t remember when Dynasty and ******* Dallas used to pass as drama series - FFS

Agree, just thought Hamm lifted his game substantially as Don Draper went through some major life changes. Problem is, it's very nuanced.

He is Zen, the hand gesture, the raised eyebrow - less is more - when you are used to histrionic performances of the latter years Nicholson, De Niro and Pacino it takes a bit to get used too.

I'd also like to see Orange is the New Black pick up a gong - probably Kate Mulgrew is the best bet. Can't see them winning the general award for comedy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Louie CK also gets the award for best writing in a comedy series, well deserved you'd have to say.
Also, how is Orange is the new black a comedy series? Very enjoying but not that funny.

Louie CK also gets the award for best writing in a comedy series, well deserved you'd have to say.
Also, how is Orange is the new black a comedy series? Very enjoying but not that funny.
The same way True Detective is a Drama, not a miniseries.

Also for best actor in comedies Elaine won for Veep. Sheldon won for Big Bang theory. Louie won best comedy writing.

Jessica lange got best actress for miniseries again. Kathy bates won best supporting actress beating most of her AHS support cast.

For the men, Cumberbatch and Freeman won best actor and support for Sherlock.

They're the main ones so far, wasn't sure anyone was with me on this thread earlier Chief !

Remove this Banner Ad

Back